What's Your Favorite Jeremy Linism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Linsanity! is good, but maybe if the league had a couple more like him I would watch so maybe some Linbreeding is in order.
    Ah, another use for Linseed!

Comment

I've always hated the NBA, but this year I've really gotten into it. I think in some ways the lockout has made it more interesting to watch: games every night at the cost of the play on the floor being a little bit sloppier.

That game last Friday against the Lakers though was probably one of the most entertaining games of basketball on any level I've seen in a while. Lin had a good week up until that game and it was kinda the time to see just how good he would be: Friday night, against the Lakers, at Madison Square Garden, on ESPN. And did he seize that opportunity!

The comparisons people are making with Tebow are definitely insulting to Lin IMO. Tebow's a good guy and I like him (besides him being a Bronco's player), but his playstyle was very gimmicky and he ended up relying on his kicker more often than not, not to mention that the Chiefs and Patriots both completely shut down that offense. Not to mention that Tebow was highly touted going into the NFL. Lin was one of the best high school players in California and was actually really good at Harvard, but obviously nobody saw him on ESPN all the time.

Lin, on the other hand, relies completely on basketball fundamentals. It's not like teams can simply scout him and just shut him down, he really understands the game. Unfortunately the fact that they're playing more games with less rest is hurting him just because he's suddenly playing a whole lot of minutes each night and is wearing down. However he's had an incredible run so far and it's just a feel-good story watching a humble guy make the best of his opportunities.

Comment

If he gets fouled late in the game, will they call it a Lintentional foul?
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I saw Charlie Sheen on twitter use Linning!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He's so immacate the
            Catholic Church has a holiday named after him: Lint.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

NEW YORK—As the Jeremy Lin phenomenon continues to lift hopes and spirits among the Knicks faithful and basketball fans nationwide, team doctors are doing everything they can to maintain the unusually high level of morale by painstakingly and methodically prolonging the groin injury Carmelo Anthony suffered on…

Comment

Jeremy had a great interview with Michael Kaye (voice of the Yankees) yesterday on the local sports show. At one point Michael asked him what his family thought about all the new attention and celebrity status...without hesitation Jeremy responded, "they think it's pretty lincredible".

Awesome.

Comment

Comment

I like "turns the ball over way too much and can't shoot the three very well".

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                      This is hilarious! 211 x 98!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You see ESPN's gaffe?
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          You see ESPN's gaffe?
                          "Chinik in the Armor" I don't understand does it disrespect Armor?
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Jeremy Lin having a good first quarter against the Mavs.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              You see ESPN's gaffe?
                              That was pretty wild stuff.

The Worldwide Leader had an explanation article up on the front page this morning.

The person responsible for the headline on ESPN Mobile has been fired.
                              The on-air personality who slipped the phrase into the broadcast was suspended for 30 days.
                              There was also some comments on an ESPN radio show, but they were not made by an ESPN employee.

To me, the headline writer getting canned speaks to additional material behind the scenes (jokes around the watercooler, etc) or some other pattern of insensitive behavior. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. The job market for paid writers and editors is mighty grim these days. Ouch.

Still interesting, to me, to see how this chapter in American sports and racial history plays out.
                              I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Jalen Rose did not get fired for saying "white boy wasted" about Gronk. I guess that's reverse racism so somehow it does not count?

Comment

Working...
                                X