No announcement yet.

Rush Limbaugh RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush Limbaugh was a titan in the radio industry. A great innovator indeed. He also was one of the original architects of the "hate your brother because he's a Democrat movement. Prior to his era, R's and D's would sit together in the Capitol cafeteria. Things would actually get done occasionally. Now I'm not gonna sit here and blame Rush for everything, but he left a lasting legacy of "Dittoheads" who are starved for his daily version of the news... which normally consisted of conspiracy and other forms of irrational thinking.

It's Rush's choice to not spend much time in reality, but it is sadly poetic how one of his most infamous delusions came back to haunt him.

it’s “a myth” that secondhand smoke causes illness or death and argued that smokers aren’t at any greater risk than people who “eat carrots.”

“Smokers aren’t killing anybody,” the conservative host declared in an April 2015 segment of the “Rush Limbaugh Show,” then argued that tobacco users should be thanked because their purchases generate tax dollars that fund children’s health care programs.

“I’m just saying there ought to be a little appreciation shown for them, instead of having them hated and reviled,” Limbaugh said. “I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying.”
    He got a medal all right. It's called a tombstone.

I hope many of his former listeners relearn to think for themselves and not cling to the next propagandizer in hopes of satiating their addiction for irrational and hate-filled talk.

It's time we come together as a nation now that one of the great dividers has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Rush Limbaugh was a titan in the radio industry. A great innovator indeed. He also was one of the original architects of the "hate your brother because he's a Democrat movement. Prior to his era, R's and D's would sit together in the Capitol cafeteria. Things would actually get done occasionally. Now I'm not gonna sit here and blame Rush for everything, but he left a lasting legacy of "Dittoheads" who are starved for his daily version of the news... which normally consisted of conspiracy and other forms of irrational thinking.

It's Rush's choice to not spend much time in reality, but it is sadly poetic how one of his most infamous delusions came back to haunt him.

I hope many of his former listeners relearn to think for themselves and not cling to the next propagandizer in hopes of satiating their addiction for irrational and hate-filled talk.

It's time we come together as a nation now that one of the great dividers has passed.
      I truly love your presence on this fine forum, so don’t take this wrong. I do not want any ill will for you, but if some unforeseen circumstance happens and you leave this earth any time soon your stone could very well read “it’s time we come together as a forum now that one of the great dividers has passed.” Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Looks like the Antifa guy got roasted.
        No wonder it's such a political echo chamber around here. There's at least half a dozen of yous just as nasty as Root Angry. Hopefully he is only temporarily resting. It would be nice if I had some help in bucking the status quo. I'm certainly more than enough to dismantle the weak arguments/comments that come my way, but I can't be expected to always keep up w/ the volume. This isn't a paid job. It would be nice to join in on arguments occasionally, swooping in to add my 2 cents - sometimes from the Right, and sometimes from the Left, raising a soft simmer to a full on boil. But it's hard at my ripe old age to be the guy always dropping the turds in the punch bowl. And my aggression is way down, along with my testosterone now that I am loveless and languishing in Trump's pandemic.

Maybe I'll identify as trans-CB.

No doubt my T-level would qualify.

I'm looking into this stuff:

At each time-point the weight of testes from mice consuming probiotics was significantly higher than that of control mice.
        Look at the nuts on that mouse!

I want big nuts too!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
          I truly love your presence on this fine forum, so don’t take this wrong. I do not want any ill will for you, but if some unforeseen circumstance happens and you leave this earth any time soon your stone could very well read “it’s time we come together as a forum now that one of the great dividers has passed.” Just sayin.
          There's always been lamentations from the women on this fine forum whenever I got banned. There will be again.

Thanks for the kind words!

CB's Motto:

Comment

I would say the fairness doctrine that was eliminated in 1987 was a primary driver of the growing separation of parties.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I would say the fairness doctrine that was eliminated in 1987 was a primary driver of the growing separation of parties.
              Probably, but it also wasn’t great policy either.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Interesting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fa...and%20balanced.

Remember Hannity and Colmes? A much better way than just Hannity vs Hannity. I always hated Colmes back then (was taught that he was a typical "weasely looking Democrat" by any number of my family members), but the very fact that both sides are represented simultaneously restricts the distance the train can run off the tracks. Leave Hannity alone by himself for 30 mins. and he goes bat **** crazy. No wonder Trump loved him so much.

Wouldn't it be interesting if MadCow visited Hannity's program and Tucker visited Cuomo's? Of course I wouldn't see any of it. But there's a reason they don't mingle, it keeps the tribes from seeing the ruse. The ruse that is left-wing and right-wing media. It's all bullshit. Puppets and puppeteers.

P.S. To be totally fair to Rush; prior to Trump, he was actually a more moderate talk show host than what he was early on in his career and the last 4 years. He was a wild man during the Clinton years and sold out completely to Trump. The middle years were all about building the "Rush brand" so to speak. He wanted to be more than just a political commentator. He usually always stayed away from religion which was odd considering his listeners. I'm sure it was by design.

Comment

George and Leslie loved Rush. Rush loved them.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    George and Leslie loved Rush. Rush loved them.
                    He was a loveable fuzzball after all...

His distinctive voice though, will never be imitated.

Comment

No wonder it's such a political echo chamber around here. There's at least half a dozen of yous just as nasty as Root Angry. Hopefully he is only temporarily resting. It would be nice if I had some help in bucking the status quo. I'm certainly more than enough to dismantle the weak arguments/comments that come my way, but I can't be expected to always keep up w/ the volume. This isn't a paid job. It would be nice to join in on arguments occasionally, swooping in to add my 2 cents - sometimes from the Right, and sometimes from the Left, raising a soft simmer to a full on boil. But it's hard at my ripe old age to be the guy always dropping the turds in the punch bowl. And my aggression is way down, along with my testosterone now that I am loveless and languishing in Trump's pandemic.

Maybe I'll identify as trans-CB.

No doubt my T-level would qualify.

I'm looking into this stuff:

Look at the nuts on that mouse!

I want big nuts too!
                      Wait, there’s posters here that have celebrated death and were gleeful of someone’s passing? Is that what you’re suggesting? Because nothing has come close to the drivel that was mentioned by Root Angry RIP. Unless you wanna cite your claim that I might’ve missed somewhere.

”Sometimes right, sometimes left”.

LMAO. You’re all left. All the time pal. Your continual denial of it must be caused by inner embarrassment. I don’t blame you there though.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Wait, there’s posters here that have celebrated death and were gleeful of someone’s passing? Is that what you’re suggesting? Because nothing has come close to the drivel that was mentioned by Root Angry RIP. Unless you wanna cite your claim that I might’ve missed somewhere.

”Sometimes right, sometimes left”.

LMAO. You’re all left. All the time pal. Your continual denial of it must be caused by inner embarrassment. I don’t blame you there though.
                        Don’t feed the troll.

Comment

I'm the guilty party that encouraged Kung Wu to open back up the door to CB. You can all stone me. Not my best decision as a mod, it turns out.

Comment

One of the best things Rush taught me was when he said " When someone starts quoting statistics you need to question where those statistics are coming from" Thank you Rush. RIP

'

Comment

John Rich

@johnrich

When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St Jude Children's Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous. I never said a word until now. He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                I'm the guilty party that encouraged Kung Wu to open back up the door to CB. You can all stone me. Not my best decision as a mod, it turns out.
                                Nah, that's on me. :)
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X