No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you're ok MVJ. Those injuries look worse than you're letting on. And that pinky is going to bother you for the next 30-40 years I'm afraid.

Comment

• Dang man! Glad you're doing well.

BTW -- I never saw a 20-person pile up in a 10k run. And you don't need a helmet. Just throwin' that out there.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        The helmet absolutely saved my ass.
        I got hit by a car that ran a yield sign on my way to work at AIG one morning (in Houston) It was downhill, so I was going in the high 20’s when I was hit and it would have killed me if I hadn’t had a helmet on.

save your helmet and make it a point to show it to anyone you ride with that doesn’t think they need one and above all GET WELL SOON!!!!!

P.S. In my world I would have considered the fact that you hit your pace as a win, as you can’t avoid injuries.

Comment

• I see the hand dr. tomorrow. I'm fine, really I am. A little road rash to the face and hands is all, damn near pain free. Hopefully the hand guy lets me ditch the splint tomorrow. Getting that finger reduced hurt like hell, but I dont really even feel it today. Its all good.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Hand feels pretty good. Swelling has decreased and can work all fingers but the pinky. I don't remember this happening, but from my appt. with the local hand dr. the orthopedic dr. in Tulsa shot a video of the hand dislocation. You can see it and the reduction in these two screen grabs. Local dr. said he did a pretty good job. I didn't even know this joint was dislocated, but this was the problem and why ketamine was used.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This was the best thread around for quite some time. It's beyond time to revive it.

I'm moving East and the house we're buying is close to one of the bike trails, near 13th and 96. I''m pretty stoked about it. I only ride a few miles a year but I have no doubt that'll increase with the proximity to the trail. If I remember correctly JVShocker, is a regular on the East side trails.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• We are still bicycling. Those trails are fun to bike. We bike many of them on the weekends. The ride out to Andover Park/Recreation area is a fun ride. If you have gravel tires, you can head further east on the redbud and is some of the most scenic riding, especially in the fall.

Comment

• Update on bicycling and trail running in wichita. Spoke a bit with someone tonight who sits on the Board or something of the redbud trail or prairie travelers, sorry, completely forgot. He mentioned they have the funds and have already begun the work on the opposite side of the redbud trail across kellogg where the trail ends out east of Andover. Budgeted 20 or 25 million to build this path or bridge over Kellogg and extend the trail to Augusta.

I was more interested in the expansion of the trails out west of wichita from near delano to points further west. I said something about maybe they lacked funding and he mentioned they had funding. I was really curious about the de construction and re construction of the rail trail bridge over the ditch near 235 and Kellogg. I can't recall what he said because he mentioned something about plans looking at getting walkers, joggers and bicyclists safely across west street just south of Kellogg, including potentially being an under ground tunnel? And plans for expansion out further west of the trails from Garden Plain to Kingman. I was stunned. Had anyone local read anything about it? He said some of the info was available on Facebook, which I don't do. Anyone heard?

Comment

• I woke up a little after 6 and headed east on 13th towards Santa Fe Lake. The ride down 13th after it turned to dirt was was beautiful and I didn't encounter any car traffic. Didn't realize there wasn't lake access from 13th so had to head south and to the other side of the lake. The lake itself was a little underwhelming but the little I saw of the trails looked nice. Then I took 90th back to the Redbud Trail and headed home.

Seeing a number of joggers and bikers on the trail especially west of Andover was a cool first experience as we had nothing comparable on the NW side of town. Made it back home with somewhere north of 20 miles on the bike.

I had to take a bike my daughter has as a hand me down from her aunt since hers has mountain tires. Just goes to show like many other sports you don't need fancy equipment or to spend a fortune to enjoy.

​​​​​Next was a cool off swim in the backyard pool. All of this before the kids woke up. Later I'll fire up the fire pit and do a little grilling along with baking a cake and decorating it red, white, and blue. Life is good. Happy Independence Day fellow Shocker fans.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                      I woke up a little after 6 and headed east on 13th towards Santa Fe Lake. The ride down 13th after it turned to dirt was was beautiful and I didn't encounter any car traffic. Didn't realize there wasn't lake access from 13th so had to head south and to the other side of the lake. The lake itself was a little underwhelming but the little I saw of the trails looked nice. Then I took 90th back to the Redbud Trail and headed home.

Seeing a number of joggers and bikers on the trail especially west of Andover was a cool first experience as we had nothing comparable on the NW side of town. Made it back home with somewhere north of 20 miles on the bike.

I had to take a bike my daughter has as a hand me down from her aunt since hers has mountain tires. Just goes to show like many other sports you don't need fancy equipment or to spend a fortune to enjoy.

​​​​​Next was a cool off swim in the backyard pool. All of this before the kids woke up. Later I'll fire up the fire pit and do a little grilling along with baking a cake and decorating it red, white, and blue. Life is good. Happy Independence Day fellow Shocker fans.
                      And we biked downtown today and out towards the zoo. Wife and i could have just headed east, and we could have cooled off in the pool as well and it sounds like you had plenty of food...just sayin. Lol.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the ride out east. It's fun in the evening as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X