No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a new bike. Carbon fiber with drops. Well, I ordered and paid for a new bike. It will be here in 3 weeks. Revolt Advanced 2. They had one in stock not for sale. I test rode it and for the price point, it was like unbelievable. There is one in Texas being shipped up. A week or so to ship up here and a week to get set up. Praying to the bike gods that the snow stays away.

Screenshot_20211023-204538_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Just bought a new bike. Carbon fiber with drops. Well, I ordered and paid for a new bike. It will be here in 3 weeks. Revolt Advanced 2. They had one in stock not for sale. I test rode it and for the price point, it was like unbelievable. There is one in Texas being shipped up. A week or so to ship up here and a week to get set up. Praying to the bike gods that the snow stays away.

Screenshot_20211023-204538_DuckDuckGo.jpg
      Nice bike, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Comment

• Thought I would post my status.......

I'm back to pretty much where I was before I had the first knee replaced. Except just a little faster. I'm out to 45 minutes, burning 10-11.5 calories per minute and riding around 24 mph.

So it's time to get my right knee done.

Right knee will be replaced 11/17. I will be off until the New Year.

Rehab will take some time, I should be outside by March and riding the hills again.

Comment

• My new bike is in!
          My new bike is in!
          I'm in the process of switching my wife to tubeless on her Trek Domaine 4.
          Did I mention my new bike is in?!!!!!!
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Threw on the cold weather gear and rode the new bike a quick five miles. Likes and don't likes. I love the gearing on this bike! The rear cassette is a Shimano 105 11 speed. It might be the cassette or it might just be the extra gear being used to a 10 speed, but it just made hills easy. Light weight. I really like how light this bike is. Wide drops with plenty of natural places for your hands.

Dislikes. Mainly, I need my peddles. The shop installed cheap plastic peddles. I know lots of people that say there isn't much difference being locked into your peddles- but I noticed on the very first hill. I'm buying a set tomorrow. The tires are noisy. I know its a gravel bike, but these are loud for 35's. Not as nimble as my commuter. The bike doesn't seem to corner as tightly as I'm accustomed. Not terrible, but I can't cut on it like I can on my other bike.

All in all, I love this freaking bike. Most of my dislikes will be rectified with one stop at the bike shop.

I have bought some seriously good cold weather biking gear and plan to ride unless the trails are snow packed.

Comment

• Going to ride about 19 miles today. First good ride on the new Revolt. I think I might of, should of, spent $3,000 more to drop another pound or so. Now I want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Going to ride about 19 miles today. First good ride on the new Revolt. I think I might of, should of, spent $3,000 more to drop another pound or so. Now I want more.

Comment

• Screenshot_20211115-173312_MapMyRide.jpg Did 17.5 on the new bike. Wow! The bike is fun and I had a few quick splits. Spent much of the time working through gears and just figuring it out. I've been riding a flat bar for two plus years. Relearning drops with brifters is interesting but in one good ride, I've about got it. The geometry is different and I felt it in my hamstrings early. Took a short break when I met my wife at Nebraska Medicine and the tightness in the hamstrings went away. I had the bike fitted, but wonder if the seat is just a bit high. It could also be because I'm not locked in. I'm buying peddles tomorrow.

Comment

• Glad you're enjoying your new bike, John.

My knee replacement was today. They gave me a spinal block, it was just wearing off when the PT came by. I walked a hundred yards. I may not need much PT with this one, according to the PT tech.

Did my last ride in the bike last night. (at least for now) 24 mph average for 42.5 minutes and burned 11.25 calories per minute.

I can extend my knee flat and was able to bend over 45 degrees. If I continue to do this well, I may not need much PT, but would like a benchmark and may be back on the bike soon (first week or two is just being able to do a revolution at first and I can tell you even doing that hurts a whole bunch even with the oxy).

Will update soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                      Glad you're enjoying your new bike, John.

My knee replacement was today. They gave me a spinal block, it was just wearing off when the PT came by. I walked a hundred yards. I may not need much PT with this one, according to the PT tech.

Did my last ride in the bike last night. (at least for now) 24 mph average for 42.5 minutes and burned 11.25 calories per minute.

I can extend my knee flat and was able to bend over 45 degrees. If I continue to do this well, I may not need much PT, but would like a benchmark and may be back on the bike soon (first week or two is just being able to do a revolution at first and I can tell you even doing that hurts a whole bunch even with the oxy).

Will update soon.
                      24 mph for a dude with bad knees is fantastic! I haven't rode my new bike hard yet. Bought my peddles online, won't be here till Wednesday. Fricking supply chain. Used to be Amazon was next day.

Comment

• Also, was that 24 mph flat or did you fight any hills? Houston is probably pretty flat.

Comment

• On my stationary level 10. Did not go outside deliberately because of the right knee replacement.
                          I'm shooting for late Feb. To get back outside. Doc told me this morning I shouldnt go outside for a while due to potential balance issues.

I'm really stoked, though. This knee was much better, the process was less invasive, he had to do a lot of work on my shin area, my kneecap was dropping. He did not do any work on my quadraceps like he did last time. In fact, he had to work on my entire left leg including the muscle that runs all the way down your leg, my left knee was pretty trashed.

BTW, I'm in Central Texas now, right next th the Hill Country. We have a lot of hills by where I live and I could keep a 15 mph pace before the left one got so bad that it started affecting my hips and back.

I am expecting I will be faster when I am able to get back out, but my work schedule is brutal these days. I'm logging a lot of 60+ hour weeks and that is difficult to sustain and get a good 2-3 hour bike ride in on the weekends.

Anyway, your bike looks great, and it's always exciting to get a new bike. Your bike has great components and I know you are having a lot of fun riding it because your speed has increased.

I will post here periodically. You may see me posting more frequently between now and new year's as I tolerated the surgery well and have a lot more energy than after the last surgery. Expect I will get bored.....

Comment

• Back on the bike. Only 10 revolutions at a time.

Pain is going down, should be good to start riding some next week.

Surgery went SO well this time.

I'll be able to ride by March (my initial goal), maybe early Feb, if I'm really lucky.

Comment

• image_8570.jpgimage_8571.jpgimage_8572.jpg Ran over a goose today. For real. F$@cking goose. Didn't want to, didn't mean to. They were covering the whole trail. Slowed down to let them move. Most of them did. The last one cut back and tried to attack me. He ended up dead. Ran him over square as sh¹t. I ended up down in the grass with with a sore hip, feathers in my front tire, front rings and derailleur. New bike is fine, though.

Comment

• Thank God the bike is fine!

Comment

Working...
                                X