Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costa Rica - Guanacaste and San Jose

Coffee run in San Jose last 3 are in the beach in Guanacaste.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Guanacaste, sorry IDK about the limit.

This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Hope everyone is having fun!

As for me, I need to stay at home for a little bit.

Comment

• A long time away, sorry. I've put in the work and its time for the Tulsa Tough! Driving through Wichita on Friday, I'll wave as I pass. Grand Fondo on Saturday and Crybaby Hill on Sunday. Anybody here going?
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 20210611_112046.jpg 30% chance of rain on the road to Tulsa.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I heard it's headed toward Wichita too.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Fun few days!
                Attached Files
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• That is my knee. I'm 10 days out. There is a caption on the photo, but I will soon. Be riding again (at zero resistance).

I bypassed the cane, we.t straight from the walker to walking.

Imnwalking 4-5K steps a day right now.

Comment

• Quick update. Besides the Tulsa Tough, I've done two centuries, a few 70 miles and a bunch of 50 mile rides. Trying to find a safe way to ride from Omaha to Lincoln. They opened the pedestrian bride over the Platte. My wife and I rode the bridge but the trail gets iffy the further west you go. My speed has declined some, but I have greater endurance. I'm doing some hill training in Council Bluffs. Hills there are a b1tch.

I need more butt cream...

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Quick update. Besides the Tulsa Tough, I've done two centuries, a few 70 miles and a bunch of 50 mile rides. Trying to find a safe way to ride from Omaha to Lincoln. They opened the pedestrian bride over the Platte. My wife and I rode the bridge but the trail gets iffy the further west you go. My speed has declined some, but I have greater endurance. I'm doing some hill training in Council Bluffs. Hills there are a b1tch.

Here's my go too...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Quick update. Besides the Tulsa Tough, I've done two centuries, a few 70 miles and a bunch of 50 mile rides. Trying to find a safe way to ride from Omaha to Lincoln. They opened the pedestrian bride over the Platte. My wife and I rode the bridge but the trail gets iffy the further west you go. My speed has declined some, but I have greater endurance. I'm doing some hill training in Council Bluffs. Hills there are a b1tch.

That's what she said.

Sounds like your old lady is riding behind you more nowadays?

In other news: I finally got a nice bike a few months back. Was riding my ass off at the start of last week then realized "we" were in the middle of an air quality alert due to the fires in Cali and Canada. I'm like... can a brutha get a break? Is it safe to breathe anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's what she said.

Sounds like your old lady is riding behind you more nowadays?

In other news: I finally got a nice bike a few months back. Was riding my ass off at the start of last week then realized "we" were in the middle of an air quality alert due to the fires in Cali and Canada. I'm like... can a brutha get a break? Is it safe to breathe anywhere?
                            I just ride through the smog. Today, I did 18 miles. Did it in the afternoon, 90 some degrees and humid, but the air was clear. The heat doesn't bother me so much, but when I stop, I sweat my ass off.

Comment

I just ride through the smog. Today, I did 18 miles. Did it in the afternoon, 90 some degrees and humid, but the air was clear. The heat doesn't bother me so much, but when I stop, I sweat my ass off.
                              Have an acquaintance who's done the Iowa RAGBRAI several times. Not sure how he does it as he's seems to be somewhat injury prone.

Comment

Good to hear things are well up north. A local friend was trying to finish the 205 mile Kansas Gravel race. It was super hot, sunny and windy and he had to stop at some point (water/nutrition.)

I am bicycling almost daily (unless it rains). Most of the rides are in the late evening or closer to dark. Maddog would probably get this, but I was out on the redbud gravel path with my road bike (usually take a mountain bike) and I was at the "bridge out" sign and turned around like usual to come come. Almost 19 mile trip to get home. Its 8:40 pm. Area is completely canopied so its starting to get dark. 1/2 mile later, I get a flat. 18.5 miles from home. I have no repair kit (forgot it - and I haven't had a flat in over a year) and one replacement tube. So in the near dark (with my bike light), I replace the tube in what had to be record time (3-4 minutes, maybe) and then I still have to ride on my road bike another 4-5 miles just to get to paved path. The mosquitos and cicadas were unbearable while I was sitting down changing the tube - couldn't hear anything except those reee-rr-reee-rr-reee-rr. I was almost in panic mode (being 18 miles from home and 5 miles from a phone - I don't carry a cell phone). Had the bike light pointed at the ground for the rest of the gravel, trying to avoid any and all rocks. That first 5 miles was torture, riding gingerly at a blistering pace of almost 8 mph trying to avoid big chunks of rock. Hit the paved section and RACED home and walked in the door at 10:02 pm. Wife made me get a cell phone the next day. (welcome to the 20th century) I'm getting between 530-570 miles a month right now and loving every mile of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X