Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
    Yeah, MVJ, I’m just not sure how you buy a bike without test riding it first. A size 58 in the 2020 model fit great. The size 58 in the 2021 model is too long for me after Specialized changed the geometry. A 56 in the 2021 model came in with the 58 I ordered and I took a test ride and it fit great, so we scrapped the 58 order, and reordered a 56 which sent me to the back of the line.
    I'm right at 5'11. Terrible height to guess a frame size
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'm 5'9-1/2". And actually it's a good way to at least get started, but the rest depends on the geometry of the bicycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

This is exactly my dilemma.
        My Lynskey M/L gravel bike barely fits me now that I'm shrinking (I think I've lost about a half inch). If I had it to do all over again, I'd just get a M, but yes, it seems like all three of us are between sizes.

Comment

Once again, half my post disappears. Apparently if you put an emoji in the text, Shockernet drops everything after the emoji. Live and learn I guess.
          Test of emoji in the middle of a sentence.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Once again, half my post disappears. Apparently if you put an emoji in the text, Shockernet drops everything after the emoji. Live and learn I guess.
            My guess is it's your device causing it. What device are you trying to post emojis from? And how are you adding them?

Comment

• KungWu, I’m using an iPhone 7, and I’m just using the emojis from the iPhone virtual keyboard. It all looks good when you type it in and when you press Post Reply it posts everything up to, but not including, the emoji, and truncates the rest of everything you’ve written. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thx...

Comment

• Had a nice 29 mile ride this morning. Great day to ride. Weather was great and we didn’t have to dodge the almost daily early morning storms. Yeah!

It was the first time I have ridden this path. Took some pictures I’ll post below.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Had a nice 29 mile ride this morning. Great day to ride. Weather was great and we didn’t have to dodge the almost daily early morning storms. Yeah!

It was the first time I have ridden this path. Took some pictures I’ll post below.
                      Thanks for the pics. Where is that traii? Is that West? To Goddard maybe?

Comment

• Best news of all for you early morning riders....weather in Wichita may get a break next week. I saw forecast lows MOST mornings in the LOW to mid 60s.

Goodbye summer...

Hello Fall!

Comment

• Yeah JV, those are pics from the Prairie Spirit trail. We started from the Tex Consolover golf course parking lot, picked up the trail at the Tyler road crossing and rode to Garden Plain and back. The first mile between Tyler and Maize Rd is very rough for a road bike, but very scenic. The whole trail is really nice with maybe 5 or 6 bridges along the way. Well worth giving it a try if you haven’t ridden it before.

Comment

Yeah JV, those are pics from the Prairie Spirit trail. We started from the Tex Consolover golf course parking lot, picked up the trail at the Tyler road crossing and rode to Garden Plain and back. The first mile between Tyler and Maize Rd is very rough for a road bike, but very scenic. The whole trail is really nice with maybe 5 or 6 bridges along the way. Well worth giving it a try if you haven’t ridden it before.
                            My favorite running trail ever! And my usual trail to boot!

Comment

• Yeah KungWu, I can see why that would be a favorite running trail. Lots of runners and bikers on the trail this morning. Also drinking fountains at the park are handy. That’s the first time I had ridden the trail and will definitely do it again!

Comment

Yeah KungWu, I can see why that would be a favorite running trail. Lots of runners and bikers on the trail this morning. Also drinking fountains at the park are handy. That’s the first time I had ridden the trail and will definitely do it again!
                                See ya tomorrow! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X