• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Please place this in the "Runners" thread. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Any runners out there? I know DUShock is. Any others?
      Used to be.

Comment

• If the cops ain't chasin', I ain't runnin'.

I do run a little on the treadmill, 20 minutes, three days a week though. Running tears the hell out of my knees and hips.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          If the cops ain't chasin', I ain't runnin'.

I do run a little on the treadmill, 20 minutes, three days a week though. Running tears the hell out of my knees and hips.
          Getting a mental picture now....

Comment

• I'd rather be.....

Comment

If the cops ain't chasin', I ain't runnin'.

I run three to four times per night...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                I'd rather be.....

What's green and smells like Miss Piggy?
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

What's green and smells like bacon?
                  FTFY

btw, the answer is green beans.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    FTFY

btw, the answer is green beans.
                    The real answer is so much funnier. Goes all the way back to seventh grade.

Comment

The real answer is so much funnier. Goes all the way back to seventh grade.
                      I had to google it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Used to be.
                        Based on my experiences, I always tell people if you knees start to hurt, quit running and get on a bicycle. I am in therapy (Suparz) for knee replacement. I shouldn't have run before I hurt my foot, but after that, it pretty much cinched it for me. No treadmills. Elipticals are good, though.

BTW, took a few days off - only 50 last week. Trying to hit close to 90 this week. And very busy at workk.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Based on my experiences, I always tell people if you knees start to hurt, quit running and get on a bicycle. I am in therapy (Suparz) for knee replacement. I shouldn't have run before I hurt my foot, but after that, it pretty much cinched it for me. No treadmills. Elipticals are good, though.

BTW, took a few days off - only 50 last week. Trying to hit close to 90 this week. And very busy at workk.
                          Super busy at work. Love it.

At 64 mi for the week, and will add to it tonight. For those in Wichita, CAN CONFIRM there is work being done on the Redbud trail east of 96. Went and checked it out last night. Fingers crossed for pavement.

Comment

• Just finished 41 this morning. Good ride from Chisholm Creek Park down into Derby, then back up the Canal route path. Wind wasn’t as much of a factor as one might think given how hard it’s blowing now.

Totally agree with Shocka’s assessment of running and treadmills on knees. Bikes and ellipticals are good workouts not hard on the knees. I’d also recommend spin classes at the Y. I was doing those twice a week over the winter until the gym shut down, but I thought they did a pretty good job keeping me in biking shape

Also good to hear they are definitely working on the Redbud path east of K96. I’m sure hoping for a completion yet this summer.

Comment

• Oh, and forgot to mention I tested out a couple new pieces of equipment on the ride this morning. First, as mentioned previously I had been having a weird double vision problem about 30 miles into my rides. I received my new prescription sunglasses with prism correction, and had no eye issues at all. So far, it looks as though the prism has done the trick.

Also bought a new metal water bottle. I had been using the “insulated” Polaris bottles. I’ve never found them to be of any value if you are trying to keep your drink cold as you ride. You could pretty much count on all your ice melting within the first 5 miles of the ride. I filled my new metal bottle about half full of ice this morning and am happy to report that when I took that last swig of Poweraide at mile 39, I still had some ice in the bottle! It was a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                                Oh, and forgot to mention I tested out a couple new pieces of equipment on the ride this morning. First, as mentioned previously I had been having a weird double vision problem about 30 miles into my rides. I received my new prescription sunglasses with prism correction, and had no eye issues at all. So far, it looks as though the prism has done the trick.

Also bought a new metal water bottle. I had been using the “insulated” Polaris bottles. I’ve never found them to be of any value if you are trying to keep your drink cold as you ride. You could pretty much count on all your ice melting within the first 5 miles of the ride. I filled my new metal bottle about half full of ice this morning and am happy to report that when I took that last swig of Poweraide at mile 39, I still had some ice in the bottle! It was a good day
                                I bought a 32 oz metal vacuum bottle and rubber strap adjustable cage. I probably dont hydrate enough, but it still has ice after 50 miles, even on 90° days.

My wife just spent a bunch on a pair of Oakley Rose road glasses for biking. She decided afterwords that she want prescription lenses. The new setup will come out of our hsa, so as soon as her prescription glasses get in, I get the pair she doesnt want! Score!

Leaving on a 2-1/2 mile to the gym. Short ride, but the ride back from the gym kinda sucks.

Doing 40 miles at 7 am tomorrow.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X