• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Another favorite on Paramount+.
    Tulsa King
    Apparently Taylor Sheridan never sleeps
    Sylvester Stallone and Andrea Savage are solid in their roles. Two episodes in and I’m anxious for next week.

First you turned me on to 1883 and my wife loved it. Then we tried Yellowstone because of you and she really likes that too. Now she's gonna try Tulsa King because you said it's good, hahah. You're our official what-to-watch concierge.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The wife and I enjoyed The English on Prime

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

First you turned me on to 1883 and my wife loved it. Then we tried Yellowstone because of you and she really likes that too. Now she's gonna try Tulsa King because you said it's good, hahah. You're our official what-to-watch concierge.
        My old bones are tellin’ me this will be another good one…

Last edited by WstateU; January 3, 2023, 10:29 AM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My old bones are tellin’ me this will be another good one…

I think so too!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            The wife and I enjoyed The English on Prime
            This movie is for smart people. I am too dumb to follow it that well.

Comment

This movie is for smart people. I am too dumb to follow it that well.
              If you think that one is difficult to follow you should try Counterpart. Wife hated it but I liked it. Spoiler alert I think they ended the series abruptly.

Comment

• America's Favorite TV Shows in 2022 Ranked in New Poll

I do question some of this, but it may just be due to the different pages and such I follow online. A couple of the shows on some of these lists have been more hated than loved from what I've seen. Though we also know that in some areas of the internet, hate is easier to find. I'll also admit that a few of the shows I've not heard of. But I haven't been scouring the streaming services for new shows much recently.

I haven't watched Wednesday yet, but I've heard good things.

I'm behind on Stranger Things and Ozark and Yellowstone.

I've never heard of Yellowjackets, but I also don't have Showtime.

I've never watched Grey's Anatomy but realize it's a popular show.

I haven't checked out Inventing Anna, though I've heard of it.

I've heard more bad than good about The Rings of Power on Amazon, but I also avoid anything to do with Lord of the Rings as I found the originally trilogy quite boring.

Haven't watched The Crown, but have heard good things.

House of the Dragon I thought was amazing.

I've not heard of The Legend of Vox Machina (Amazon), Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+), Mo (Netflix) or Abbott Elementary (ABC). I also don't have Paramount+.

I've heard a lot of negative reviews about She-Hulk (Disney+). I also don't have Disney+.

They also have a ranking of unscripted/reality shows but those aren't my sort of thing.

There are four different categories in the link above. Best New Series, Best Unscripted/Reality, Best Scripted, and Best Overall.

Either way, thought this might interest some of you looking for a new show or two.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think so too!
                  “My old bones” were correct… 3 episodes in and I’m all-in. The cinematography is outstanding. Taylor Sheridan knocks another one out of the park. Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren don’t disappoint.

Narrated by: Isabel May - need I say more.

Comment

She's cute
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

She's cute
                      Yes, cuter than a bugs ear/rear.

Comment

“My old bones” were correct… 3 episodes in and I’m all-in. The cinematography is outstanding. Taylor Sheridan knocks another one out of the park. Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren don’t disappoint.

Narrated by: Isabel May - need I say more.
                        Yup, hooked!

Comment

• Heard good things about Yellowstone, but haven't yet watched.

Here's what we've watched/are watching: your mileage will vary.

HBO: Wife and I both watched and enjoyed:
                          Made For Love (season 1, but way, way behind on Season 2)
                          Minx (as a child of the 70s, this was SUPER funny, and wife loved it too LOL, but is NOT for everyone) trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTc5I86to_8
                          The Ned Rierson from Groundhog Day (sort of) cameo is awesome!
                          House of Dragon was SPECTACULAR. Can't believe we have to wait an entire year for S2.
                          Winning Time (Lakers show) was just OK for me.
                          Am cautiously optimistic on The Last of Us beginning Jan. 15
                          Doom Patrol (super, very, weird oddball comic book series, but LOVE Brandon Frasier as Robot Man) is not for everyone but also enjoy it - one of funniest moments ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0pHXZDgJA
                          Peacemaker was just OK for me.
                          The Staircase was a good watch.

Others:
                          Still watching Handmaid's Tale, LOVED the last season and are waiting for the final season. Wife has started listening to follow up stories on audiobook.
                          LOVED the Sandman series on Netflix. Hooked the wife well enough that she picked up the graphic novel as well.
                          This scene from S1 EP6 (The Sound of her Wings) is an all time classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoaCAOHaLL4

Star Trek New Worlds (Paramount) was also great, especially if you've any interest in the classic Trek series.
                          Also on Paramount, Beavis and Butthead was excellent.
                          All of the Southpark were excellent across all networks, but this episode is amazing, can't recommend enough (City People) link for trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iysw5I50Cr0

Rick and Morty is just OK for me, but I know of people who swear by it. However, Vat of Acid - S4 EP8 - was a CLASSIC and is an episode I can watch over and over)

Wife and I watched She Hulk on Disney (I'm a comic book nerd) and enjoyed it (really looking forward to the Daredevil reboot on Disney. Probably not for traditionalist Marvel Super Hero people however)
                          Actually watched other Disney Marvel series (Loki, Hawkeye, Falcon Winter Soldier, Wandavision, Moon Knight and enjoyed all of them. Werewolf by Night was excellent as was the Guardians Holiday Special)

Attempted to watch Andor, but the first episodes were slowly paced and made it difficult to get into the series). Obi Wan, Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett were OK for me, not great, but OK.

EDIT: DOn't know how or why I forgot, but Better Call Saul was PHENOMENAL!

Comment

• I keep forgetting about Doom Patrol. Been meaning to check it out but then it always slips my mind when I go to start something. I've heard nothing but good things.

I haven't seen the newest season of Handmaid yet. Same with The Rookie (I love Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, Castle, The Rookie))
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                              Wife and I watched She Hulk on Disney (I'm a comic book nerd) and enjoyed it (really looking forward to the Daredevil reboot on Disney. Probably not for traditionalist Marvel Super Hero people however)
                              You just lost all credibility. This was the dumbest thing ever filmed.

Comment

You just lost all credibility. This was the dumbest thing ever filmed.

I can think of far, far worse. Some of which I bet you and others enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X