Favorite TV shows anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    If you like Longmire, Justified and Yellowstone, two words: Joe Pickett. It’s on Paramount+ but if you don’t have it, it is often promoting a seven day free trial.
    Thanks to ole lax, I’ve been binge watching Joe Picket on Paramount+; instead of my regular 8pm old-fart bedtime, I find myself staying up way past my bedtime and saying to myself, “just one more episode, just one more.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Thanks to ole lax, I’ve been binge watching Joe Picket on Paramount+; instead of my regular 8pm old-fart bedtime, I find myself staying up way past my bedtime and saying to myself, “just one more episode, just one more.”

It’s been worth it, I hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It’s been worth it, I hope?
        Just finished watching; definitely kept my attention. The ten episodes went by quickly. Thanks for the recommendation. What’s next? Watching the new Beavis and Butthead episodes now.

Comment

• I used to like going to the movies. It originated during my Boston days walking or taking the T to the cinema escaping from the bad weather, school, and the city. Great way to escape life for a few hours.

My GF and I planned to go to the movies this week and did not see anything worth the money. Last movie we saw was Top Gun /Maverick.

We instead rented season 6 of Better Call Saul and are watching it bit by bit.

Do Shockernetters have any recommended movies, Amazon, Netflix, or TV shows high on your list worth sharing?

Comment

• I’ve probably posted about these before so I won’t type up a description for each of them. But here are a few.

The Americans - used to be on Prime
            Fauda - Netflix
            The Spy - Netflix
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Veritas you probably didn't realize we already had this (very helpful) thread. Scroll back through it, there's really good recommendations in here.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                I used to like going to the movies. It originated during my Boston days walking or taking the T to the cinema escaping from the bad weather, school, and the city. Great way to escape life for a few hours.

My GF and I planned to go to the movies this week and did not see anything worth the money. Last movie we saw was Top Gun /Maverick.

We instead rented season 6 of Better Call Saul and are watching it bit by bit.

Do Shockernetters have any recommended movies, Amazon, Netflix, or TV shows high on your list worth sharing?
                I watched the first few seasons of Better Call Saul (really liked it), then recently watched season 5 on Netflix; of course season 5 left me hanging and wanting more. Didn’t realize there was a season 6. Of course I’d have to subscribe to AMC Plus to watch it. Guess I’ll have to wait until Netflix has it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Veritas you probably didn't realize we already had this (very helpful) thread. Scroll back through it, there's really good recommendations in here.
                  Great. Thank you. I sure will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    I’ve probably posted about these before so I won’t type up a description for each of them. But here are a few.

The Americans - used to be on Prime
                    Fauda - Netflix
                    The Spy - Netflix
                    The Americans has the best series opening show there is. Definitely hooks you.

I think I paid $10 to rent the entire 6th season for Better Call Saul. I definitely like the drug war conflict much better than Jimmy’s shenanigans.

Comment

• We just finished the first season of Succession on HBO. Interesting to see how they portray the mega-corporate/political family dynamics (it's dang awful!) and how they sneak in parallels to real people, companies and events. We've seen what we interpret as Rupert Murdoch, Disney, Bernie Sanders and Ted Kennedy/Chappaquiddick.

For you Ferris Buehler fans, one of the family members is played by the actor who played Cameron.

Comment

• Again realizing how incredibly late I am to the game, but I can't get over how good Ted Lasso is. Just brilliant.

Comment

• New season of Yellowstone rolls out in less than a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Again realizing how incredibly late I am to the game, but I can't get over how good Ted Lasso is. Just brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Again realizing how incredibly late I am to the game, but I can't get over how good Ted Lasso is. Just brilliant.

Comment

• Another favorite on Paramount+.
                                Tulsa King
                                Apparently Taylor Sheridan never sleeps
                                Sylvester Stallone and Andrea Savage are solid in their roles. Two episodes in and I’m anxious for next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X