Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    No matter how many times I see mass delusion on display in here, I'm still shocked by it. Such a heavy burden to carry.

P.S. Talked to a vaxxed friend in Texas who has Covid. Hasn't been able to keep any food down for 5 days. Such a bizarre virus. Anything and everything in the body is fair game.

P.P.S. Israelis struck out on the double booster program. Omicron cuts through it like Swiss cheese. Might offer a small amount of additional hospitalization protection, but it's clear at this point that we need new vaccines for the future unless we start to get some good luck and/or the Chinese implanted a molecular self-destruct timer.
    Do you have your four posts saved in a Word file on your desktop? It's like you just copy and paste the same thing over and over again. It's almost like you have given up being original, it's kinda sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I was more referring to the parties, not individual people. The parties, as in those who run them, fit very much into what I said. And Gutfeld is more of a Republican with some libertarian leanings. I'm not entirely sure he considers himself a Republican and maybe more of a conservative with some libertarian leanings. Kat and Kennedy are very much libertarians and proudly so. I think that's one reason I love watching Kennedy so much is that her panel is almost always made up of a Republican/conservative, a Democrat/liberal, and a libertarian of some kind. And even amongst those groups, their are varying opinions. Some of the Democrats on her show are quite good and reasonable. Some of them are much closer to those that toe the party line. Same goes for the Republicans. Some are reasonable, some look like idiots when they toe the party line no matter what.

I would agree that most Republicans I know don't support much of what the Republican party does. They just disapprove of the Democrat party more. And most of the Dems I know are the same way on the flip side. I do know some hardcore will believe and back anything the parties say on both sides as well, but they're fewer, but more vocal. And that's where the problem lies with the two party system. Many members of both parties get lumped in with one of the groups because that's who they constantly vote for even though they have a number of issues with leadership and the direction their parties are going. It is what it is.

But the Republican party loves corporate welfare. The Dems do too, but just different corporate types that fit their agendas. All of those republicans out there that don't support it, still keep voting for those that do.

Which, back to Covid, there are a large number of Dem voters that are unvaxxed and don't plan to get the jab anytime soon. The media and the left gloss over that. And by gloss over, they completely ignore it. There's a good reason that many minorities don't trust the government when it comes to medical mandates. There is a history there. I just wish more of them would realize that they shouldn't be trusting government for much of anything. Dems didn't help the cause when they constantly spoke about how they would never take the Trump vaccine or trust anything that was rushed to production so quickly. If they were being honest, they would have had some valid thoughts in that. It was reasonable to question a vaccine that was rushed into production and hadn't really been tested. But their comments were completely political and they lined up for shots as soon as Biden won the election and pimped the vax as some great savior and the Dems were going to lead the country out of the chaos.

I have little doubt had the roles been reversed that Republicans would have done the same thing. The problem is, individuals on both sides don't fit snuggly into any one camp. One of the reasons I consider myself a libertarian. It all comes down to individual decisions and keeping government out of everyone's business. The two major parties don't really believe in any of that. They'll talk about certain aspects of it that fit their agendas, but they don't fully believe or embrace it. I don't blindly support the LP either. I have voted for R and D and other 3rd parties in the past and I'm sure I will in the future. I do mostly agree with the LP on the issues. The individuals that run can be all over the place. Same as with any party. I used to think maybe their could be change within the R party, but anytime momentum starts to swing towards liberty, the lifelong politicians in leadership roles do everything they can to squash it and you only end up with a few individual voices that have very little power unless there's a split chamber and they have to be swayed, much like Manchin now with the Dems.
      I’m not going to spend as much time responding to your post because I don’t have that much time. Libertarians also are all over the spectrum on their views. You seem to put yourself as holier than thou, and critical of all who disagree. Many people including Libs vote for one of the two party candidates because they think it’s best because of their spiritual beliefs, economic values, patriotic values, family values, loyalty to others, etc. Your libertarian is much more of what the Elite Libertarians believe. I think you and I both would agree that smaller government is better/best. I think we also would agree that freedom is best, but might disagree on what that means. Biden chooses to divide us. I think we could do better for our country by having a meeting of our minds, while it seems like you like going separately.

Russia and China both have consensus of opinions. That is only possible because they take away freedoms of their people. It’s better if we see disagreement as a good thing. There is very little that Democrats believe that I agree with. I think that if many Democrats have their way, they would move toward authoritarian government and away from democracy. Everything from more required masking to allowing illegals to vote. However, I agree with a lot that most Libertarians believe. Not all but a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What kinda people do you hang out with? Seems like you only post about the negative.

On the contrary, my parents both tested positive last week and had a fever and sore throat for about 3 days. Done. Like 99% of the population who gets it.

But you keep on keep onning the fear mongering fight.
        That's exactly when we had in our house. Never occured to us it could be the devil virus. Didn't go get tested. Does that make me a bad person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There is very little that Democrats believe that I agree with. I think that if many Democrats have their way, they would move toward authoritarian government and away from democracy. Everything from more required masking to allowing illegals to vote. However, I agree with a lot that most Libertarians believe. Not all but a lot.
          This is pretty much what SubGod22 said is what Republican voters believe.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What kinda people do you hang out with? Seems like you only post about the negative.

On the contrary, my parents both tested positive last week and had a fever and sore throat for about 3 days. Done. Like 99% of the population who gets it.

But you keep on keep onning the fear mongering fight.
            Same. My Father in Law and Mother in Law both had it. Vaxxed but not boosted. Extremely mild symptoms. Worst part was a nagging cough at night for a couple of nights then business as usual.

Comment

• If anecdotal evidence is what matters to Cold, my sister tested positive for Covid recently. It had been going around her office and she started to get a sore throat. She did test positive, but it turned out the sore throat was strep, which she gets all of the time. She never felt any effects other than the strep.

Her daughter also tested positive but never felt anything or showed any symptoms. Her son never tested positive.

I think everyone of my closest friends have tested positive for it in the past six months or so. Nothing worse than a few body aches. One lost his sense of smell for 12 hours.

From what they all described, my bout with the influenza in January of 2020 was much worse than anything they personally felt. I know a couple of them weren't vaxxed, but I think a couple of others were. Still, nothing bad at all.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If anecdotal evidence is what matters to Cold, my sister tested positive for Covid recently. It had been going around her office and she started to get a sore throat. She did test positive, but it turned out the sore throat was strep, which she gets all of the time. She never felt any effects other than the strep.

Her daughter also tested positive but never felt anything or showed any symptoms. Her son never tested positive.

I think everyone of my closest friends have tested positive for it in the past six months or so. Nothing worse than a few body aches. One lost his sense of smell for 12 hours.

From what they all described, my bout with the influenza in January of 2020 was much worse than anything they personally felt. I know a couple of them weren't vaxxed, but I think a couple of others were. Still, nothing bad at all.
                Funny how Clod discredited my anecdotal evidence previously then now that is all he uses, other than quoting CNN articles.

Comment

• It’s running rampant at my work. They cut the quarantine to seven days. Almost everyone is sick for three days or less.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    It’s running rampant at my work. They cut the quarantine to seven days. Almost everyone is sick for three days or less.
                    Yep. Just had some friends who all had it (husband, wife, two kids). Mild symptoms for 2-3 days and all better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Funny how Clod discredited my anecdotal evidence previously then now that is all he uses, other than quoting CNN articles.
                      I just report 'em as I see 'em. I am well aware the value of anecdotal evidence hence my earlier comments that you are referencing. Any anecdotes I provide are for infotainment purposes only.

Every personal acquaintance I have talked to, who's been infected with Omicron, has said it was not fun. It's certainly not "the cold", but it's not Delta either.

As should be expected by now with the insidious, alien seed... your mileage may vary... by a LOT!

The hospitals aren't currently filled to the brim for no reason. Das alien... still has some punch.

Comment

• https://fortune.com/2022/01/18/fauci...c-five-stages/

Fauci says there are 5 stages of the COVID pandemic—and we are still in phase 1

The first phase of the pandemic—or the “the truly pandemic,” according to Fauci—is “where the whole world is really very negatively impacted as we are right now,” he said Monday at the World Economic Forum’s Davos Agenda online conference.

The following four steps are deceleration, control, elimination, and finally eradication.

Here are the characteristics of the other four stages.
                        Strategic, logical, and steady. Behavior befitting the title, "top medical advisor".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/6556051001/

Omicron is not that mild: 50,000 to 300,000 more US deaths projected by March: COVID-19 updates

For anyone getting complacent about the coronavirus because the now-dominant omicron variant typically causes less-severe disease than previous strains, here's a sobering thought: 50,000 to 300,000 more Americans may die of COVID-19 before the current surge ebbs in mid-March.

Those are the projections of modelers, according to an Associated Press story, and they provide a grim reminder that omicron's remarkable infectiousness more than makes up for its seemingly softer punch.

The seven-day rolling average for daily new COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. has been trending upward since mid-November, reaching nearly 1,700 on Monday – still well below the peak of 3,300 in January 2021.

The biggest concern in the coming weeks is reflected by simple math: Even if new infections have peaked in some parts of the U.S., they're averaging around 800,000 a day nationwide, more than three times as many as in that brutal wave a year ago. That will inevitably lead to hospitals stretched beyond their limits and thousands of deaths. There are currently about 150,000 patients in hospitals with COVID.
                        Yet you still have a large swath of people (from one party), who will say anything and everything possible, in hopes of infecting others with the same delusion they suffer from. The biggest reason why they do this is...? Because "**** you!", that's why...

*sigh*

Comment

• If Fauci said that licking your neighbors asshole cured Covid you'd be first in line.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I just report 'em as I see 'em. I am well aware the value of anecdotal evidence hence my earlier comments that you are referencing. Any anecdotes I provide are for infotainment purposes only.

Every personal acquaintance I have talked to, who's been infected with Omicron, has said it was not fun. It's certainly not "the cold", but it's not Delta either.

As should be expected by now with the insidious, alien seed... your mileage may vary... by a LOT!

The hospitals aren't currently filled to the brim for no reason. Das alien... still has some punch.
                            You must have a lot of unhealthy friends.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://fortune.com/2022/01/18/fauci...c-five-stages/

Fauci says there are 5 stages of the COVID pandemic—and we are still in phase 1

Strategic, logical, and steady. Behavior befitting the title, "top medical advisor".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/6556051001/

Omicron is not that mild: 50,000 to 300,000 more US deaths projected by March: COVID-19 updates

Yet you still have a large swath of people (from one party), who will say anything and everything possible, in hopes of infecting others with the same delusion they suffer from. The biggest reason why they do this is...? Because "**** you!", that's why...

*sigh*

If they continue to count deaths with covid the same as deaths from covid, I’d definitely believe it.

Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If Fauci said that licking your neighbors asshole cured Covid you'd be first in line.
                                That's triggered speech brother. Please back away from the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X