Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Cold creates unlikely alliances
    He's just weakly attempting to troll me. DSB is barely coherent. Hell, this entire thread is a bastion of insanity. If it wasn't for KW, and maybe wufan, I'd likely have lost interest long ago. I don't get my jollies beating the overmatched into the pavement so I ignore most of the taunts. I'm truly not here to troll. I've been advised on multiple occasions to stop wasting my time, but I hold out hope that a bridge to reality may one day be built. Until that day comes, I'll continue to be a representative of the rational minded non-political American, tearing apart conspiracy theories with my hands tied behind my back.

Okay, so where were we... oh yeah, "half the current American population would test positive for Covid"...

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Iā€™m going to jump in on the side of Big Pharma here (ugh):

The vaccine is a good thing. It does protect people from illness.
      Profound...

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Canā€™t disagree overall, but Big Pharma has a reputation and US GVT is using that to deflect off itself onto them.

And Big Pharma has done little publicly to address the misinformation, although Pfizer, to their credit, has it on their site.

Even people who have had COVID can benefit from the ā€œvaccineā€. But the comparisons to IMMUNIZATIONS is dishonest at best. If ā€œStop the spreadā€ was replaced with ā€œAvoid the hospitalā€ and the shots were given at Hooters, people would have taken the shots in droves.

And the US and others spent a pretty penny on Operation Warp Speed and other grants. That money went somewhere.
        IMO, companies that take advantage of government regulation are consistently considered evil. Pharma, military industrial complex, banks, etc. What they do is play by the rules set up by the gov and profit from it. Whoā€™s really at fault though? Is it the legal company, or the gov that tilted the rules in their favor? Certainly both play a role here, but only the gov has the ability to set up a free market.

WARP speed cost the tax payers a lot of money. Hereā€™s why: Only the gov can approve the drug. If the drug never sees market then all investment is lost. In order to garuntee recoup, the gov had to back it. Then the gov set the price. If you back down the regs, then the cost to the tax payer isnā€™t there, and instead it is purchased based on the free market. Pfizer specifically profited very little from the gov as the investment was staggering.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

He's just weakly attempting to troll me. DSB is barely coherent. Hell, this entire thread is a bastion of insanity. If it wasn't for KW, and maybe wufan, I'd likely have lost interest long ago. I don't get my jollies beating the overmatched into the pavement so I ignore most of the taunts. I'm truly not here to troll. I've been advised on multiple occasions to stop wasting my time, but I hold out hope that a bridge to reality may one day be built. Until that day comes, I'll continue to be a representative of the rational minded non-political American, tearing apart conspiracy theories with my hands tied behind my back.

Okay, so where were we... oh yeah, "half the current American population would test positive for Covid"...

You disagree? Isnā€™t the point of hyping the efficacy versus highlighting the avoidance of symptoms?

And if you donā€™t have symptoms, but can get the virus, arenā€™t you in fact providing the breeding ground of mutations?

I notice your deflection is nothing but personal attacks. Fitting as a previous tactic I have blown up. In the end, you are either realizing YOU have been brainwashed and need to unplug, or were completely misled by sources you thought were unbiased but now know the truth.

Itā€™s ok. It happens to the best of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

IMO, companies that take advantage of government regulation are consistently considered evil. Pharma, military industrial complex, banks, etc. What they do is play by the rules set up by the gov and profit from it. Whoā€™s really at fault though? Is it the legal company, or the gov that tilted the rules in their favor? Certainly both play a role here, but only the gov has the ability to set up a free market.

WARP speed cost the tax payers a lot of money. Hereā€™s why: Only the gov can approve the drug. If the drug never sees market then all investment is lost. In order to garuntee recoup, the gov had to back it. Then the gov set the price. If you back down the regs, then the cost to the tax payer isnā€™t there, and instead it is purchased based on the free market. Pfizer specifically profited very little from the gov as the investment was staggering.
            It's :

th.jpg

Just ask DSB.

Comment

The reputation that you have built up over the internets in the past two decades certainly doesn't jive with what's going on in your warped little mind. But as long as you think you're sane and right, that's all that counts.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Four conservative radio talk-show hosts bashed coronavirus vaccines. Then they got sick.

Marc Bernier was adamant: He was not going to get a coronavirus vaccination.

ā€œIā€™m Mr. Anti-Vax,ā€ he told listeners of his talk-radio program in Daytona Beach, Fla., after the federal government provisionally approved the first vaccines in December. He later declared that the government was ā€œacting like Nazisā€ in urging people to get vaccinated.
                But in early August, WNDB AM-FM, Bernierā€™s radio home for more than 30 years, announced that the 65-year-old host was being treated in a hospital for covid-19. On Saturday, the station said that Bernier had died.
                Bernier was at least the fourth talk-radio host who had espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask sentiments to succumb to the virus in August. There was also Phil Valentine, 61, a popular host in Tennessee; Jimmy DeYoung, 81, a nationally syndicated Christian preacher also based in Tennessee; and Dick Farrel, 65, who had worked for stations in Miami and Palm Beach, Fla., as well as for the conservative Newsmax TV channel.

Bernier was at least the fourth talk-radio host who had espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask sentiments to succumb to the virus in August. There was also Phil Valentine, 61, a popular host in Tennessee; Jimmy DeYoung, 81, a nationally syndicated Christian preacher also based in Tennessee; and Dick Farrel, 65, who had worked for stations in Miami and Palm Beach, Fla., as well as for the conservative Newsmax TV channel.
                Even as he was receiving state-of-the-art care for cancer last year, Limbaugh maintained a skeptical, conspiratorial pose, falsely dismissing the then-emerging coronavirus as ā€œthe common coldā€ and saying, without evidence, that it was being ā€œweaponizedā€ to attack President Donald Trump.
                It all started with Rush.

ā€œPhil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an ā€˜anti-vaxerā€™ he regrets not being more vehemently ā€˜pro-vaccine,ā€™ and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon,ā€ the statement said.

Valentine never returned to the air.
                Farrel also had a late-dawning change of heart, according to a longtime friend, Amy Leigh Hair.

ā€œWhen he got very sick, he texted me and said, ā€˜This pandemic ainā€™t no joke. Get the shot,ā€™ā€‰ā€ she said in an interview this week. ā€œHe definitely admitted he hadnā€™t taken it seriously. At the end of the day, he was sorry about that.ā€

Farrel died on Aug. 4, just a few days after his birthday.

ā€œI know he changed his mind at the end,ā€ said Hair. ā€œI think Dick Farrel would be alive today if he had been vaccinated.ā€
                So very sad for their listeners. I wish the Republican party would take a lesson from this and tone down the conspiratorial thinking in the future. Always questioning everything and taking the opposite side of the Dems no matter what, is politically profitable, but it's unproductive at best, and quite deadly, at worst.

Alas, I'm guessing my former party isn't done with Covidiocy yet, so they will carry on purging themselves of delusionists like a self-cleaning oven does with crumbs.

Comment

• I've only got this in an email that summarizes some findings, so I can't link, but it appears that all the variants of covid have a two-month cycle. Cases increase sharply for about two months, then they plateau and fall off. This is from the NY Times, so I'm assuming it's not biased toward a "let 'er rip" mindset. I'll try to quote parts and include some graphs.

"Since the pandemic began, Covid has often followed a regular ā€” if mysterious ā€” cycle. In one country after another, the number of new cases has often surged for roughly two months before starting to fall. The Delta variant, despite its intense contagiousness, has followed this pattern."

"After Delta took hold last winter in India, caseloads there rose sharply for slightly more than two months before plummeting at a nearly identical rate. In Britain, caseloads rose for almost exactly two months before peaking in July. In Indonesia, Thailand, France, Spain and several other countries, the Delta surge also lasted somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 months."

This is in line with what I've been thinking about the delta variant. Between the number of vaccinated people and the number of people with immunity by infection, the rates of infection should be leveling off. It seems contrary to logic, but more infectious strains of a virus have shorter infectious lifetimes because they infect large portions of the population quickly.

covid graph 1.png

covid graph 2.png

Comment

It all started with Rush.
                    No, it all started with "news" channels and tech companies in collusion relentlessly, overtly, and dishonestly attacking Trump and conservative traditions and ideas. That's what caused the new era of skepticism of anything the "news" says that continues to this day. The news and social+search companies created an environment where good Americans died because they can't trust anything that is "reported" anymore. What a shame.
                    Last edited by Kung Wu; September 1, 2021, 12:17 PM.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                      This is in line with what I've been thinking about the delta variant. Between the number of vaccinated people and the number of people with immunity by infection, the rates of infection should be leveling off. It seems contrary to logic, but more infectious strains of a virus have shorter infectious lifetimes because they infect large portions of the population quickly.
                      Yup, as stated long ago, the integrals (area under the curves) remain the same -- i.e. the same number of people get sick whether you try and flatten the curve or not. It's just a difference in how many get sick all at once.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, it all started with "news" channels and tech companies in collusion relentlessly, overtly, and dishonestly attacking Trump and conservative traditions and ideas. That's what caused the new era of skepticism of anything the "news" says that continues to this day. The news and social+search companies created an environment where good Americans died because they can't trust anything that is "reported" anymore. What a shame.
                        A friend of mine works at one of the hospitals and said the hospitals have been trying to get the media to talk more about the staff shortage and how it's affecting things, but so far it's been pretty much a lost cause. Media would rather focus on the number of beds in use and/or available in the ICU like on the county dashboard, or want to run stories about patients that will get lots of clicks.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

A friend of mine works at one of the hospitals and said the hospitals have been trying to get the media to talk more about the staff shortage and how it's affecting things, but so far it's been pretty much a lost cause. Media would rather focus on the number of beds in use and/or available in the ICU like on the county dashboard, or want to run stories about patients that will get lots of clicks.
                          Right... it's the shortage of healthcare workers that's the problem, not the infections. If we only had more healthcare workers we could get more vaccinated.

Comment

Right... it's the shortage of healthcare workers that's the problem, not the infections. If we only had more healthcare workers we could get more vaccinated.
                            When it comes to available beds in hospitals, staff shortage is a major issue. Not everyone that gets infected ends up in the hospital.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

When it comes to available beds in hospitals, staff shortage is a major issue. Not everyone that gets infected ends up in the hospital.
                              The vast majority don't.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• While looking around posts on Wichita Reddit, I came across one where they were talking about Rapid PCR tests and someone mentioned the lab at WSU. Someone else shared a link from WSU's site of places that partner with the WSU lab in case you want to go to one of the places instead - https://www.wichita.edu/research/mdl..._Locations.php

I don't know if that link has been shared before, but if not, it may come in handy for those looking for testing. Also, the post was about someone who was flying overseas and needed a test and a 'Fit to Fly' certificate. Here's the thread if anyone is interested - https://www.reddit.com/r/wichita/com...pid_pcr_tests/

Comment

Working...
                                X