No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 new cases of Covid in Martha’s Vineyard two weeks after Obama brings in a few hundred friends.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      97 new cases of Covid in Martha’s Vineyard two weeks after Obama brings in a few hundred friends.
      Now I know you heard this on CNN, NBC, or some other mainstream outlet right?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Now I know you heard this on CNN, NBC, or some other mainstream outlet right?
        Had to go to the Vine. Local paper for the famed community of 15000 of my sophisticated betters.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• A friend of mine asked a bunch of questions about antibody testing, so I will share here in case anybody cares:

A great place to get an antibody test in Wichita:

Inflammatory Markers Laboratory
          9412 E Central Ave, Wichita, KS 67206

(Northwest corner of Webb and Central)

This is a very quick process. It costs $50 if you want results back within a week (usually results come back quicker). Or $125 if you want very quick results (same day or even same hour).

1. You fill out a one sheet piece of paper with your name, address, and a couple other things I forget.

2. This was just for Covid-19. You can get other testing there, but the $50 is only for Covid-19 antibody testing.

3. It is a very easy and quick finger pr*ck. Just enough to get a couple drops of blood. I could not see any evidence of having it done the next day on my finger.

4. You will get a "number" back. If it's > 1000 then you have strong antibodies and have had Covid somewhat recently. Less than that and you either had it some time ago or never had it, depending on case history.
          Last edited by Kung Wu; August 26, 2021, 09:13 AM.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• And having the vaccine doesn’t affect the results?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And having the vaccine doesn’t affect the results?
              So there are a ton of different tests out there.

When you get infected naturally, your body produces antibodies to both nucleocapsid and spike proteins contained in Covid-19.

However if you get the vaccine and have never been infected, then you will only have antibodies to the spike protein (vaccine builds spike protein antibodies only).

The test at this place only detects spike protein antibodies. So it can't tell if you have the vaccine or natural immunity, but would indicate you had one of them and to what degree you have antibodies.

There ARE tests out there that look for nucleocapsid proteins only. That would indicate you were previously infected (but have no idea if you have also taken a vaccination).

And there there are tests out there that look for both independently. That test could result in:

have neither spike protein or nucleocapsid antibodies = no prior infection, no vaccine
              have both spike protein and necleocapsid = prior infection, can't tell if also vaccinated
              have only spike protein, but no nucleocapsid = vaccine only, no prior infection
              have nucleocapsid only, and no spike protein = I'm guessing it would indicate you were infected by some similar virus but not covid-19, otherwise you're martian (wufan what would this mean?)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Just in case we needed a reminder...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

When you get infected naturally, your body produces antibodies to both nucleocapsid and spike proteins contained in Covid-19.

However if you get the vaccine and have never been infected, then you will only have antibodies to the spike protein (vaccine builds spike protein antibodies only).

The test at this place only detects spike protein antibodies. So it can't tell if you have the vaccine or natural immunity, but would indicate you had one of them and to what degree you have antibodies.

There ARE tests out there that look for nucleocapsid proteins only. That would indicate you were previously infected (but have no idea if you have also taken a vaccination).

And there there are tests out there that look for both independently. That test could result in:

have neither spike protein or nucleocapsid antibodies = no prior infection, no vaccine
                  have both spike protein and necleocapsid = prior infection, can't tell if also vaccinated
                  have nucleocapsid only, and no spike protein = I'm guessing it would indicate you were infected by some similar virus but not covid-19, otherwise you're martian (wufan what would this mean?)
                  Holy crap that's good information......thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This is great info. I was not aware of the nucleocapsid test. As to what it would mean; it depends. I don’t know if it is specific to Covid-19 or specific to a variant of Covid-19, or only specific to general coronavirus. So, you know more than me on this.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Capitol riot lawyer who said he would never get vaccine has Covid and is on ventilator | The Independent

Comment

• You do realize there are people who regularly wear masks and took the vaccine on ventilators in hospitals too correct?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You do realize there are people who regularly wear masks and took the vaccine on ventilators in hospitals too correct?
                          Yeah, but it's probably few and far between compared with those that didn't wear a mask and never got a vaccine. And those that got the vaccine and did everything they were supposed to do and still ended up on a ventilator, probably had some kind of underlying condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Yeah, but it's probably few and far between compared with those that didn't wear a mask and never got a vaccine. And those that got the vaccine and did everything they were supposed to do and still ended up on a ventilator, probably had some kind of underlying condition.
                            Still, the point stands. People of all kinds and philosophies are still getting it. It's annoying how the left-bent media has to politicize everything, including people going on ventilators.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cold's ban has been lifted for a day and nowhere to be found. I knew he would be butthurt about it. I guess now he understands what it's like to have his freedom of speech taken away by somebody who doesn't agree with him. Hard lesson learned.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My progressive friends are angry at people for not getting the Vx cuz they want to stop having to wear the mask.

I told them, the gov is making you wear a mask. It’s a bizarre foreign. Concept to them.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X