Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There are layers of nuanced communication happening beneath the surface of the words you are reading. I would like to think that wufan is right there with me but I've been guilty of giving folks too much credit in the past. You clearly are not.

I post about the Covidiot trying to Trump the mask rules in Valley Center. The ass. superintendent correctly stated the known risks of allowing Covid-19 to spread unrestricted. I made an apt comparison/contrast between the **** logic this idiot was spouting and other serious diseases of which we have an established vaccine (not a God-given process). Wufan then attempts a weak pivot by proclaiming that "Flu is actually more dangerous to children than C19". While that statement is ultimately inconclusive at this point (long-term effects of Covid infection are still being studied), it's also tangential to the original point I was making which was: YOU DON'T ****ING ENCOURAGE COVID-19 INFECTIONS PERIOD!

Ranzau is retarded because he is only looking at the immediate problem (child safety) and not the larger problem (encouraging community spread). This makes him a short-sighted asshat armchair "infectious disease expert" ( a lot of those in the Republican party nowadays - I'm assuming the guy is Republican... how sad is that). Wufan was either just spouting random related things in hopes that something sticks or offering up a strawman early Christmas gift for Ranzau the Clown.

This was very tedious for me... trying to dumb down one of my posts for you. It's not gonna happen again. Next time I just ignore your snipes and you follow with: "crickets". Deal?
    The flu thing came from the article you quoted, as compared to other he measles, polio, etc that came out of your obscured reality. I only addressed the reality of the situation that I live in.

The problem with your above assertion that, “While that statement is ultimately inconclusive at this point (long-term effects of Covid infection are still being studied),” is that you don’t hold your own risk assessment to this fact. Instead you pull ideas from the darkest reality of your mind. Your asymmetrical approach demonstrates your bad faith arguments.

You should also consider that spreading Covid amongst those that are at extremely low risk might be a good thing. Even if you ultimately disagree, because it’s an opinion, you should apply some risk analysis to the idea instead of reactionary dismissal.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The flu thing came from the article you quoted, as compared to other he measles, polio, etc that came out of your obscured reality. I only addressed the reality of the situation that I live in.

The problem with your above assertion that, “While that statement is ultimately inconclusive at this point (long-term effects of Covid infection are still being studied),” is that you don’t hold your own risk assessment to this fact. Instead you pull ideas from the darkest reality of your mind. Your asymmetrical approach demonstrates your bad faith arguments.

You should also consider that spreading Covid amongst those that are at extremely low risk might be a good thing. Even if you ultimately disagree, because it’s an opinion, you should apply some risk analysis to the idea instead of reactionary dismissal.
      Bad faith? Bad faith you say??? I'm one of the most honest men you know. :)

I don't have enough time/energy to say much more. Playing wet nurse to 'Fever drained my last drop of keyboard ambition.

I will try and muster just enough to give you something on that last paragraph because it looks interesting....

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I have considered herd immunity. So have all the infectious disease experts scattered across the world. The conclusion is: bro science. Herd immunity is a thing, but it varies between diseases. Coronaviruses offer less-than-robust immunity compared to other common viruses.

It's very basic risk/reward analysis. You can have some immunity and all the potential fleas that come with a natural Covid Experience. Or you can have some immunity with none of the fleas of contracting and becoming a Covid virus factory for a few days to a few weeks. Which one does a rational person choose?

Again, if we follow the dipshit's advice and utilize our "God-given process", why not utilize it with all the other diseases children are commonly inoculated for? I'm immediately embarrassed after sharing that analogy with you. I fear the only reason you are attempting to defend the unreasonable is political bias. I hope you are just trying to yank my chain. If you are sincere, then please unplug at your earliest convenience. Trump does not deserve your allegiance. I assure you.

Therefore:

The only logical route is to continue to vaccinate as fast as possible while begging the public to hold out for another couple weeks/months in hopes of delaying more infection. Coincidentally, this is exactly what the experts are doing.

Comment

Overall risk for blood clots is 1:1000. AZ vaccine has a rate of 1:25000. @coldblooded, you can use that in your risk analysis.
        Might want to rejigger your numbers... the maths are broken.

European regulators have concluded there is a link between AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine and rare but dangerous clotting events.

The first cases of clotting in people who had been vaccinated were first reported in late February. Since then, a small but growing number of previously healthy people, often women in their 30s and 40s, have developed unusual clotting problems within days of having been vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The adverse events resemble a condition known as heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, or HIT, a rare phenomenon in which people who are given the anti-clotting drug heparin actually develop widely disseminated clotting problems.

In the events that seemed linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine, people developed both a large number of clots and a low platelet count — an unusual combination. The reaction has been dubbed vaccine-induced prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia by Andreas Greinacher of the University of Greifswald, a German clotting expert.
        It's a thing. It's a rare thing, but it's a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Owned again. Sigh.
          I'm surprised you're able to see your monitor to type with wufan's bratwurst in your mouth. Well done!

Comment

• I’m sorry Cold. I won’t pick on you anymore. Don’t wanna beat down a soft squirrel.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm surprised you're able to see your monitor to type with wufan's bratwurst in your mouth. Well done!
              Always bothered about feeling left out. :(.

It’s not my fault that you’re the only one here that can’t unplug and can’t get out of the way of your huge ass head.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• “Coronaviruses offer less-than-robust immunity compared to other common viruses.” This is not accurate.

Prior to vaccinations, parents of infected children would offer up their child to infect others. This of course depended on the nature and risk of the illness. The reason for this was so that the child would be immune going into adulthood. Many diseases are much riskier on an older population, this was therefore a risk/reward proposition for the parents to subject them to very little risk early so that they would have less risk as they aged.

Now we have a Vx for C19, but not for children under 16. They are at very low risk and risk increases as they age. It might not be your choice, but it’s a reasonable path forward.

Livin the dream

Comment

It’s not my fault that you’re the only one here that can’t unplug and can’t get out of the way of your huge ass head.
                  Huge. Ass. Head.

Well timed. You've got head on the brain.

Comment

“Coronaviruses offer less-than-robust immunity compared to other common viruses.” This is not accurate.
                    It is accurate.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Prior to vaccinations, parents of infected children would offer up their child to infect others. This of course depended on the nature and risk of the illness. The reason for this was so that the child would be immune going into adulthood. Many diseases are much riskier on an older population, this was therefore a risk/reward proposition for the parents to subject them to very little risk early so that they would have less risk as they aged.

Now we have a Vx for C19, but not for children under 16. They are at very low risk and risk increases as they age. It might not be your choice, but it’s a reasonable path forward.
                    It is a reasonable path forward without a working vaccine. WITH a vaccine it's ludicrous, dangerous, and clearly meant to be a joke. You'd be laughed out of the room if you suggested that course of action to anybody dealing w/ the management of the pandemic today. Now... if you mentioned it to the right people in the prior administration, you might get a job working with Scott Atlas. But those people were clearly crazy.

Comment

• So I was in Dillon's this evening and there was someone from customer service barking over the intercom: "Masks are mandatory in this store. They are NOT optional. There will be associates walking around making sure everybody has a mask". I was laughing inside... and quite happy.

Put your GD mask on you selfish, ignorant bastards.

P.S. Whenever I come across someone without a mask in a store they look like they came straight out of the trailer park.

Comment

Put your GD mask on you selfish,.
                        Do you really need the "GD"? I mean it make you look you came straight out of the trailer park.

Comment

It is accurate.

It is a reasonable path forward without a working vaccine. WITH a vaccine it's ludicrous, dangerous, and clearly meant to be a joke. You'd be laughed out of the room if you suggested that course of action to anybody dealing w/ the management of the pandemic today. Now... if you mentioned it to the right people in the prior administration, you might get a job working with Scott Atlas. But those people were clearly crazy.
                          You missed the end about children who can’t take the vaccine.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

You missed the end about children who can’t take the vaccine.
                            Pfizer says it will submit the clinical trial results "as soon as possible" to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and is hoping to start vaccinating children before the next school year.

Pfizer Says COVID-19 Vaccine Shows '100% Efficacy' In Adolescents

New clinical trials showed that Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine elicits "100% efficacy and robust antibody responses" in adolescents from 12 to 15 years old, the drug company announced Wednesday. The trial included 2,260 participants; the results are even better than earlier responses from participants ages 16 to 25.

Pfizer and its vaccine partner BioNTech said they will submit the results "as soon as possible" to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency, asking regulators to expand their authorizations for the vaccine's use in young people.

Pfizer will submit the data "in the coming weeks," Pfizer CEO and Chairman Albert Bourla said in a news release about the trial. Calling the results encouraging, he added that the company is acting "with the hope of starting to vaccinate this age group before the start of the next school year."
                            It's coming! Hang on!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Do you really need the "GD"? I mean it make you look you came straight out of the trailer park.

Happy now?

Comment

He is obsessed about the number likes people get.

Comment

Working...
                                X