Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Now that's interesting. If this is the case (and I have verified that it is), why is JPMC allowing work from home? I have friends working from home.

I wonder what their rationale is.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Your article references Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a quack. I'd rather get my medical information from a car mechanic, palm reader or voodoo practitioner than him:
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#7b71800d5fe1

"But as Oz’s fame grew, it became clear that healing was, in fact, not his only priority. In 2014, a team of medical researchers released a report proving that 60% of advice given on Dr. Oz’s TV show lacked scientific basis. Soon afterward, 1,300 doctors signed an open letter calling him “a quack and a fake and a charlatan” whose “advice endangers patients.”"

That wasn't me that said that, it was 1300 docs. However, the part about the mechanic, palm reader and voodoo practitioner were mine :)

Also note the date of the article - 2018. So people were saying this about him roughly 2 years ago and well before his COVID 'suggestions', so his faulty advice in this case is yet another data point to prove what the article said.
      We'll find out pretty soon if you know what you're talking about:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...082030076.html (40,000 on the front line)

Me personally, I think you're full of s*** and think you're smarter than the expert here (there and everywhere). What a "shocker," but true...

Comment

• 1968 flu pandemic, also called Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968 or Hong Kong flu of 1968, global outbreak of influenza that originated in China in July 1968 and lasted until 1969–70. The 1968 flu pandemic resulted in an estimated one million to four million deaths worldwide, but we went ahead and held Woodstock.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; May 22, 2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• This morning on MSNBC Stephanie Ruhle had 2 guests, one a Doctor from U of Minn and the other a reporter from the Post.

She started with the Dr. with the intro something like "You know I'm coming to you first because you're the expert for decades you've been studying this....explain to us everything Trump is wrong about". (Poetic license engaged, but you know I'm not that far off).

What ensued was SPECTACULAR. If I find it, I'll link it. Almost as humorous are all the Karen's online trying to attack him. Don't make it political and tell the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Your article references Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a quack. I'd rather get my medical information from a car mechanic, palm reader or voodoo practitioner than him:
            https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#7b71800d5fe1

"But as Oz’s fame grew, it became clear that healing was, in fact, not his only priority. In 2014, a team of medical researchers released a report proving that 60% of advice given on Dr. Oz’s TV show lacked scientific basis. Soon afterward, 1,300 doctors signed an open letter calling him “a quack and a fake and a charlatan” whose “advice endangers patients.”"

That wasn't me that said that, it was 1300 docs. However, the part about the mechanic, palm reader and voodoo practitioner were mine :)

Also note the date of the article - 2018. So people were saying this about him roughly 2 years ago and well before his COVID 'suggestions', so his faulty advice in this case is yet another data point to prove what the article said.

Is this guy also a quack?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              This morning on MSNBC Stephanie Ruhle had 2 guests, one a Doctor from U of Minn and the other a reporter from the Post.

She started with the Dr. with the intro something like "You know I'm coming to you first because you're the expert for decades you've been studying this....explain to us everything Trump is wrong about". (Poetic license engaged, but you know I'm not that far off).

What ensued was SPECTACULAR. If I find it, I'll link it. Almost as humorous are all the Karen's online trying to attack him. Don't make it political and tell the truth.
              I think I found it. Watching now. Starts at around 3:30 in the vid.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I think I found it. Watching now. Starts at around 3:30 in the vid.

She's got the 'smirk face' down pat.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I also wondered if Lindsay Lohan changed her name and occupation.

Comment

• I think this guy sums it all up perfectly when the reporter asks "What should I do?". And it basically breaks everyone down into 2 groups.... Do you want someone to tell you it's okay, or do you want to take the facts that you hear and decide for yourself if it's ok? And the people who want someone to tell them it's okay are the ones who want to absolve themselves from taking any responsibility and place blame on someone else if something bad happens to them.

That's it, in my opinion.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I found this very important graph.

Crap, wrong thread, sorry.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        I found this very important graph.

Crap, wrong thread, sorry.
                        If you haven't seen the video explanation, it is very informative and educational in going over the finer points.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

If you haven't seen the video explanation, it is very informative and educational in going over the finer points.

"Danger Zone... you have your redheads, strippers and anyone named Tiffany..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

"Danger Zone... you have your redheads, strippers and anyone named Tiffany..."

"You're dating a dude!!"

Comment

• So either leave me alone, or I will post the rather profane, nasty message you sent to me., as I still have it.
                              Or you can keep poking the bear and I will pull your pants down. Seriously.

Comment

• First, it was all about bending the curve. Now, it's about having an impossible 0% infection rate.
                                First, it was wear, wear, wear a mask. Now, healthy people are discouraged to wear a mask.
                                First, it was easily spread through surfaces and highly contagious. Now, it doesn't spread well from surfaces.

I dunno what to believe anymore. We know now that the numbers were fudgy in some states. We know for a fact that the CDC has come out and stated that they are reporting positive tests AND positive antibody tests as the same thing, which really distorts the "new spread" factor.

And it's amazing how politically infused this virus thing has become. I know there's a disease out there that's killed people. But at this point, it seems like the overzealous alarms were clearly punched a bit too much.

Where is the Death Angel at to rescue me from my school of thought?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X