Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Looks like containment has been lost. Significant cases (and deaths) are being reported in Italy, South Korea, and Iran with no patient zero being able to be identified. At least 6 deaths in Iran have been reported today.

John Hopkins has a dashboard that is tracking the outbreak. Focus on the reports outside of China (because China is not likely being honest in their reporting).

When Li Wenliang warned about a Sars-like virus at his hospital in Wuhan, authorities tried to silence him.

Comment

Here is a savvy take on how the coronavirus may affect the world economy. It's pretty eye-opening:

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The Mobile World Congress was cancelled this past weekend.

The world’s biggest phone show has been canceled due to coronavirus concerns

Comment

A Bunch of people are currently quarantined in Omaha. Several are now in the biocontainment unit at Nebraska Medicine. This means overtime and big paychecks for my wife.

On am aside, prior to the ebola breakout a few years ago, the biocontainment unit was just this oddity, its national and international importance now demonstrated, a two billion dollar project is now being drawn up for the hospital. Here is a link to the project

I've been asked by others how I feel about my wife working there, I've seen the protocols and I'm confident that she's safe.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            A Bunch of people are currently quarantined in Omaha. Several are now in the biocontainment unit at Nebraska Medicine. This means overtime and big paychecks for my wife.

I've been asked by others how I feel about my wife working there, I've seen the protocols and I'm confident that she's safe.
            Your past threads immediately came to mind as this started unfolding. Coronavirus is one to watch, for sure. I know it's similar to (the real) flu, but since it attacks BOTH upper and lower respiratory system, it seems more dangerous.

Comment

On am aside, prior to the ebola breakout a few years ago, the biocontainment unit was just this oddity, its national and international importance now demonstrated, a two billion dollar project is now being drawn up for the hospital. Here is a link to the project

Somewhere between 1 and 2 billion... that's quite a spread.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Somewhere between 1 and 2 billion... that's quite a spread.
                It's one billion to build a state of the art medical facility, it's another billion to fend off the KU lawyers trying to steal it from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's one billion to build a state of the art medical facility, it's another billion to fend off the KU lawyers trying to steal it from you.
                  Oh ****! Shots fired!

Comment

It was one to two billion, since the corona virus hit, funding is shoring up for the whole two billion.

I really don't care so much about all of the economic stuff, I'm just proud as hell of what my wife is involved with. She has already helped make monumental strides in treating ebola, now she is involved with the corona virus. How did I get mixed up with such an amazing woman?

By the way, if you tell her I said that, I will deny it, then piss in your Cheerios.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Dude, I can't handle any higher alcohol content in my Cheerios.

Comment

Although it is kind of a beauty and the beast situation. One does internationally acclaimed work on solving the world's toughest virus outbreaks, while the other explodes prairie dogs.
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; February 18, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Although it is kind of a beauty and the beast situation. One does internationally acclaimed work on solving the world's toughest virus outbreaks, while the other explodes prairie dogs.

Comment

A man had to make the best of the skillsets God gave him. My skillsets are shooting prairie dogs and eating nachos. My wife cures the sick and cooks me dinner.

Comment

A man had to make the best of the skillsets God gave him. My skillsets are shooting prairie dogs and eating nachos. My wife cures the sick and cooks me dinner.
                              This your wife? Oh, you said "nachos"...

Comment

Working...
                              X