Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You need to cool your jets buddy. You're beyond unhinged right now.
    Nah I’m good. You’re just hypocritical trash.

If anybody is unhinged, it’s the person who jumped the vaccine line, lied to a healthcare worker dead in the face, and then went on the internet bragging like some sort of hero.

Douchebag. Don’t get mad at me because numerous people have called you out on it and you’re trying to play off your newfound guilt.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

62% have had at least one dose. Then there's 15% that are kids under 12 that aren't even approved to take the vaccine. That's 23% unvaccinated that are legal to take it.

Now if you want to consider that there is another 7-ish% of the population of kids aged 12 to 16 that were only very recently allowed to take it ... that'd be 16% of the eligible population that hasn't taken it.
      Yeah, my bad. The little ones don't get a shot yet.

Speaking of the little ones. I fear that all of our children will be infected over the next several weeks. They will then bring it back home to mom, dad, and grandparents. This has the potential to become a real disaster.

Answers to what amount of herd immunity can be obtained will likely be answered over the next several months. Fasten your seat belts.

P.S. I do not retract my statement that half the country is Covidiot. There are vaccinated Covidiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Nah I’m good. You’re just hypocritical trash.

If anybody is unhinged, it’s the person who jumped the vaccine line, lied to a healthcare worker dead in the face, and then went on the internet bragging like some sort of hero.

Douchebag. Don’t get mad at me because numerous people have called you out on it and you’re trying to play off your newfound guilt.

Comment

• Hypocritical trash gonna trash.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Fauci Supporting Same Medicine He SLAMMED A Few Months Back

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Answers to what amount of herd immunity can be obtained will likely be answered over the next several months.
              That's easy. Delta --> R0 = 5 --> 80% required with antibodies for herd immunity.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's easy. Delta --> R0 = 5 --> 80% required with antibodies for herd immunity.
                A reproduction number of 5 is the lowest I've seen. Most say 6-9. The original strain was 2-3. We're moving in the wrong direction. Pfizer dude said he expects a variant to eventually fully evade the vaccines. Nobody knows the ultimate durability of natural "immunity", but reinfections are still happening. Many, and I mean many, doctors/scientists have put the idea of herd immunity out of their minds. One positive note is that CoV-1 immunity has shown to be very durable. However, it also had a much higher fatality rate than CoV-2 (20-80 times higher).

Underestimating the impact of Covid on society has been a political strategy from the very start. And that strategy has been spectacularly wrong throughout.

The following comment, however, has aged like fine wine.

Fauci: 'If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing'.

Regardless, I hope this is all behind us in a few months. I am REALLY, REALLY sick of talking/reading/thinking about it.

Comment

• I think the monoclonal antibodies approaches mentioned in the article are interesting. I noticed the article mentions they're all under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). I wonder how many people who refuse to get the vaccines because of their EUA status, the exception being Comirnaty, go ahead and get the monoclonal antibodies drugs instead, even though they just have EUA status as well.

Here's a good article about monoclonal antibodies from USA Today - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mb/5579505001/ and a good article about the latest one, Sotrovimab - https://scitechdaily.com/inescapable...cov-2-strains/
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• President Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci discussed requiring COVID-19 booster shots every five months rather than every eight as previously anticipated.

Biden, Fauci discuss requiring COVID booster shots every 5 months

President Biden on Friday said he and Dr. Anthony Fauci discussed requiring COVID-19 booster shots every five months rather than every eight as previously anticipated.

The shorter timeframe would increase the number of vaccine doses that the US will need to set aside for booster shots — as poorer nations clamor for more US donations.

“The question raised is should it be shorter than eight months? Should it be as little as five months? That’s being discussed. I spoke with Dr. Fauci this morning about that,” Biden said in the Oval Office during a visit from Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett.
                    LOL! You heard it HERE first!

Sometimes I scare myself...

Comment

https://nypost.com/2021/08/27/biden-...very-5-months/

Biden, Fauci discuss requiring COVID booster shots every 5 months

LOL! You heard it HERE first!

Sometimes I scare myself...
                      Don't know about others, but I actually saw it late morning on Bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rlier-ksujzrim) and around noon on CNBC (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/bide...-5-months.html), which I believe was before you posted.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Can anyone explain why only 2 of the 13 funded mRNA vaccines made it through Level 3 trials?

Also, how much of a coincidence that someone is getting paid even more money for boosters?

Were/are there any vaccines that actually prevent infection at a high rate versus just preventing symptomatic COVID?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Don't know about others, but I actually saw it late morning on Bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rlier-ksujzrim) and around noon on CNBC (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/bide...-5-months.html), which I believe was before you posted.
                          Same. Not breaking any news Clod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Can anyone explain why only 2 of the 13 funded mRNA vaccines made it through Level 3 trials?

Also, how much of a coincidence that someone is getting paid even more money for boosters?

Were/are there any vaccines that actually prevent infection at a high rate versus just preventing symptomatic COVID?
                            Good question….

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Can anyone explain why only 2 of the 13 funded mRNA vaccines made it through Level 3 trials?

The answer to all your questions: MONEY

Comment

• Hey Kung Wu where do we stand with the rt thing....are we still heading in the right direction?

Comment

Working...
                                X