X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Fortunately the majority of the country is not actively engaged on Twitter. Also, as a bonus, most of the country look for commonality first between us and not differences. With all of that being said, the fringe and dividers for power will always yell the loudest during an election year.
    Yep, I know very few people IRL that take the ridiculous stances of corporate media. Still, everyone aligns with an ideology while voting.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post

The problem isn’t the politics of the virus. That just better exposed the issue. The problem is that there are two ideologies within this country; one that is individualist, and one that is collective. As long as those two ideologies are prevalent, every act and every opinion will be political in nature, and will be used by those in power to gain more power. What has been happening will, unfortunately, continue well beyond the next 9 months.
    Fortunately the majority of the country is not actively engaged on Twitter. Also, as a bonus, most of the country look for commonality first between us and not differences. With all of that being said, the fringe and dividers for power will always yell the loudest during an election year.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied

Now, I lean right on most issues, but this sort of tweet, after a minuscule lull in the politicization of CoVid, is a depressing sign of what is to come over the next nine months from both sides, while the rest of us will have to endure this misery to the detriment of all.
    The problem isn’t the politics of the virus. That just better exposed the issue. The problem is that there are two ideologies within this country; one that is individualist, and one that is collective. As long as those two ideologies are prevalent, every act and every opinion will be political in nature, and will be used by those in power to gain more power. What has been happening will, unfortunately, continue well beyond the next 9 months.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There is no "Left" and "Right" outside of a construct maintained by those who aim to control you. We are all bits and pieces of each "side".

Imagine a world where there are no political parties, just individuals campaigning on various platforms. Politics would become boring getting relegated into the background of life where it belongs.

I'm glad you are attempting to expand your vocabulary by borrowing some of my oft used terms. If you actually look them up, you have a chance of growing as a person. Here... let me do it for you.

An incredibly accurate explanation for what happens on a daily basis in this thread. 93% biased, propagandistic, wishful, conspiracy theory-laden garbage.

When a group of sane individuals stand together, watching an apple fall from the tree determining the existence of gravity, they aren't suffering from Groupthink, they are merely acknowledging what is... This is the job: to observe, interpret, test, reassess, over and over and over again. I do wish more in this thread had a basic understanding of how and why that process fosters "right thinking" - leading then to better outcomes.
    lol you think you coined the term “group think”?

Again, I love the hypocritical lecturing of downplaying the politics of the virus when all you do is drop Trump, Republicans, and anti-vax bombs on the daily. One large, groupthink hypocrite.

So what are you gonna do now with all of your spare time? Open up a lumber yard?

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    The Left has said it is over so now Cold has said it is over. The power of the Group Think.

So, so sad.
    There is no "Left" and "Right" outside of a construct maintained by those who aim to control you. We are all bits and pieces of each "side".

Imagine a world where there are no political parties, just individuals campaigning on various platforms. Politics would become boring getting relegated into the background of life where it belongs.

I'm glad you are attempting to expand your vocabulary by borrowing some of my oft used terms. If you actually look them up, you have a chance of growing as a person. Here... let me do it for you.

Groupthink is a phenomenon that occurs when a group of individuals reaches a consensus without critical reasoning or evaluation of the consequences or alternatives. ... This desire creates a dynamic within a group whereby creativity and individuality tend to be stifled in order to avoid conflict.
    An incredibly accurate explanation for what happens on a daily basis in this thread. 93% biased, propagandistic, wishful, conspiracy theory-laden garbage.

When a group of sane individuals stand together, watching an apple fall from the tree determining the existence of gravity, they aren't suffering from Groupthink, they are merely acknowledging what is... This is the job: to observe, interpret, test, reassess, over and over and over again. I do wish more in this thread had a basic understanding of how and why that process fosters "right thinking" - leading then to better outcomes.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I had both of those for probably three weeks in total. They were the last symptoms to leave, even though I tested negative far earlier. Sucked.
    I had Covid in January 2021, double-vaxed hesitantly, in September 2021, and had Covid/Omicron (I assume) last month. I had the sore throat plus some fever (nothing too severe) for 3 or 4 days. The worse thing was the sore throat. After that just the voice issues but no discomfort or other symptoms. Neither time did I lose my sense of taste of smell. Pretty much just a run of the mill flu both times.

I know two other people who had Covid back in Janaury 21 as well. Neither are vaxsx and neither have had Covid/Omicron again (yet). However, both have been around me a lot and one of them works at a large Wichita High School and was very close with her daughter and two grandsons when the had Covid (probably Delta) a few months back. If they have had the Omicron their symptoms were so mild they did not realize it.

Hopefully, we are moving into the endemic phase of this virus.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Feel fine, just still have hoarse and sore throat.
    I had both of those for probably three weeks in total. They were the last symptoms to leave, even though I tested negative far earlier. Sucked.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Take mucinex and hydrate to the point that you're peeing nearly clear. Keeps all the crap fluid and flowing. My advice, after having it a few weeks ago. It is mild for almost everyone, but still a real problem if it makes it's way below your upper respiratory tract.
    Thank you. I tried Mucinex at the advice of another friend and it indeed worked great. Almost at the end. Feel fine, just still have hoarse and sore throat.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied

Now, I lean right on most issues, but this sort of tweet, after a minuscule lull in the politicization of CoVid, is a depressing sign of what is to come over the next nine months from both sides, while the rest of us will have to endure this misery to the detriment of all.
    Gee, I wasn't sure it was strong enough

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Tested positive yesterday along with wife and kids. Kids have zero symptoms. Wife and I are very mild. My worst symptom is a sore throat and a Barry White like voice. Feels like the average cold. No big deal and now I don't need the booster because I have the natural immunity.
    Take mucinex and hydrate to the point that you're peeing nearly clear. Keeps all the crap fluid and flowing. My advice, after having it a few weeks ago. It is mild for almost everyone, but still a real problem if it makes it's way below your upper respiratory tract.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Mercedes Schlapp @mercedesschlapp

Always remember that Democrats at the behest of their teachers' union overlords did irreversible damage to the development of your children and didn't stop until they realized how terrible their poll numbers were for the midterms.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Somehow Covid is over, but you should really vote by mail. Amirite?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Pollsters > "Scientists"?

I use the term scientists loosely. These are the ones that couldn't entertain differing views and had their masters censor the opposing conclusions.

But either way, the pollsters win.

Time to focus on Russia and war again.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Mercedes Schlapp @mercedesschlapp

Always remember that Democrats at the behest of their teachers' union overlords did irreversible damage to the development of your children and didn't stop until they realized how terrible their poll numbers were for the midterms.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    The Left has said it is over so now Cold has said it is over. The power of the Group Think.

So, so sad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X