No announcement yet.

Subtle movie lines that are worth repeating here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He was Phi Slamma Jamma runnin' stank all over it with rib-ticklin' jumps of double vanilla funk!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This section of the plane is reserved for first class passengers. Please return to coach. It's nothing personal, we're just better than you.
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• I gots to know. I gots to know.

Comment

• I watched CEOTTK :single_eye: last night. It premiered in 1977 and I had forgot how good it was. Excellent movie with some great quotes and a few subtle lines.

Roy Neary: [contemplating the lump shape] "This means something. This is important."

"I know this sounds crazy, but ever since yesterday on the road, I've been seeing this shape. Shaving cream, pillows... Dammit! I know this. I know what this is! This means something. This is important."

"I guess you've noticed something a little strange with Dad. It's okay, though. I'm still Dad."

Toby Neary: "Dad, after this can we throw dirt in MY window?"

[Roy's wife does not believe how he got the burns on his face]
          "Well they're not moon burns, goddamnit."

David Laughlin: "Have you recently had a close encounter?"

Project Leader: "He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him."

David Laughlin: "Who flies crates like these anymore?"
          Project Leader: "No one. These planes were reported missing in 1945."

Scientist 1: "Einstein WAS right!"
          Team Leader: "Einstein was PROBABLY one of them!"

Farmer: [at press conference to discuss UFOs] "I saw Bigfoot once!"
          [everyone in the room reacts. The Farmer stands up]
          Farmer: "1951! It made a sound that I would not want to hear twice in my life."

Ronnie Neary: [the Neary children watch The Ten Commandants on TV] "You know, that movie is four hours long."
          Roy Neary: "I said they'd only watch five."

Roy Neary: "Just close your eyes and hold your breath and everything will turn real pretty."

Project Leader: "If everything's ready here on the Dark Side of the Moon... play the five tones."

Barry Guiler: [looking up at the space ship flying away] "Goodbye."

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            I watched CEOTTK :single_eye: last night. It premiered in 1977 and I had forgot how good it was. Excellent movie with some great quotes and a few subtle lines.

Roy Neary: [contemplating the lump shape] "This means something. This is important."

"I know this sounds crazy, but ever since yesterday on the road, I've been seeing this shape. Shaving cream, pillows... Dammit! I know this. I know what this is! This means something. This is important."

"I guess you've noticed something a little strange with Dad. It's okay, though. I'm still Dad."

Toby Neary: "Dad, after this can we throw dirt in MY window?"

[Roy's wife does not believe how he got the burns on his face]
            "Well they're not moon burns, goddamnit."

David Laughlin: "Have you recently had a close encounter?"

Project Leader: "He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him."

David Laughlin: "Who flies crates like these anymore?"
            Project Leader: "No one. These planes were reported missing in 1945."

Scientist 1: "Einstein WAS right!"
            Team Leader: "Einstein was PROBABLY one of them!"

Farmer: [at press conference to discuss UFOs] "I saw Bigfoot once!"
            [everyone in the room reacts. The Farmer stands up]
            Farmer: "1951! It made a sound that I would not want to hear twice in my life."

Ronnie Neary: [the Neary children watch The Ten Commandants on TV] "You know, that movie is four hours long."
            Roy Neary: "I said they'd only watch five."

Roy Neary: "Just close your eyes and hold your breath and everything will turn real pretty."

Project Leader: "If everything's ready here on the Dark Side of the Moon... play the five tones."

Barry Guiler: [looking up at the space ship flying away] "Goodbye."
            From http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Close_E...the_Third_Kind

Old Man: [about the UFOs] They can fly rings around the moon, but we're years ahead of them on the highway.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I bet she gives great helmet.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Hank. I really, really appreciate your help. But is there any way that maybe we could get Charlie back out here for a little huddle?

Comment

• I've seen it first-hand; the guy's nuttier than squirrel turds!

Comment

• Irene P. Waters: What are those for?
                        Charlie Baileygates: Oh! It's just this stupid thing. I have to take a pill every six hours or I feel... funny. No big deal.
                        Irene P. Waters: What's it called?
                        Charlie Baileygates: Advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage.

Comment

• Listen, Pocahontas, unless you put your ear to the ground, you'll never hear the buffalo comin'!

Comment

• Snake Plissken: Where's the President?
                            Cabbie: The Duke got him. Everybody knows the Duke's got him. You don't have to put a gun to my head. I'll tell you.
                            Snake Plissken: Who's the Duke?
                            Cabbie: The Duke? The Duke of New York, A-Number-1, the Big Man, that's who!
                            Snake Plissken: I wanna meet this Duke.
                            Cabbie: You can't meet the Duke! Are you crazy? Nobody gets to meet the Duke. You meet him once and then you're dead!

Comment

• President: [fires machine gun at the Duke] Ayy! Number Onnee! You're the Duke! You're the Duke!
                              [stops firing]
                              President: You're the... Duke.
                              [quietly]
                              President: You're... A-number one.

Comment

• Bob Hauk: There was an accident. About an hour ago, a small jet went down inside New York City. The President was on board.
                                Snake Plissken: The president of what?

Comment

Working...
                                X