Obligatory Turkey Drop episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Think about how old some of those episdoes are.

WKRP and MASH stand the test of time, Cheers doesn't so much, in my view.
    Other comedies that stand the test of time.

Green Acres
    Beverly Hillbillies
    Hogans Heroes
    F Troop
    Andy Griffith
    I love Lucy
    Sanford and Son
    Taxi
    Mork and Mindy
    Barney Miller
    Welcome back Kotter
    Married with Children
    McHales Navy

There are many others
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Think about how old some of those episdoes are.

WKRP and MASH stand the test of time, Cheers doesn't so much, in my view.
      I liked Cheers, especially when Dianne (Shelley Long) was involved. Not so much with Kirsti Alley, although still an entertaining show. Ernie Pantuso (Coach) was great in Cheers.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 22, 2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I was on the edge with you for a little bit kc, but you absolutely lost me with Married, with Children.

Speaking of Welcome Back Kotter.....if you are a true fan, you've seen Fastbreak. If you haven't you need to.

"I'll never see you in here again? Here take a sandwich......have a napkin too."

This movie is Bernard King's finest moment. Even better than the 50 he dropped for the Knicks in the playoffs in '84.

Comment

I always liked Wings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I was on the edge with you for a little bit kc, but you absolutely lost me with Married, with Children.

Speaking of Welcome Back Kotter.....if you are a true fan, you've seen Fastbreak. If you haven't you need to.

"I'll never see you in here again? Here take a sandwich......have a napkin too."

This movie is Bernard King's finest moment. Even better than the 50 he dropped for the Knicks in the playoffs in '84.
            I love Fastbreak. Swish was the best!:pirate:
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Yeah, Wings.

Comment

I think Tony Shalhoub (Adrian Monk) got his break on the small screen in Wings as taxi driver Antonio Scarpacci.

I really enjoy him in Monk also. Interestingly, Michael Richards was initially offered the role of Monk, which I have a hard time picturing. Tony plays that role perfectly.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 23, 2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Tony was brilliant in Wings.

Wasn't that a show about a guy who was a pilot?

Crystal Bernard was always a favorite of mine.

Comment

Yeah, Joe Hackett (Tim Daly) ran Sandpiper Air (a one-plane airline) on Nantucket, Island.

Wings was created and produced by some of the guys that were behind Cheers and Frazier.

Wings ran for 7 years on NBC which was a pretty decent run for sitcom. Don't see many reruns though.

Comment

Anyone rem Quark

Comment

No memory of Quark. How bout "Eisenhower and Lutz?"

Comment

WKRP was the best EVER! Especially with Kansas native and K-State graduate Gordon Jump as the "Big Guy".

And I vote for Bailey over Jennifer.

Comment

Thanks, John -- I very seldom read anything on here but Basketball, Baseball, Recruiting, and once in a while Volleyball, but the new feature that gives the first couple of lines of recent posts brought this to my attention (so thanks to kai also for that feature, I guess), and what a great memory to bring back. This episode of WKRP was one of two times in my life I literally fell off my chair laughing at something on TV.

(In case anyone cares, the other was Carnac the Magnificent struggling more than I ever saw him to keep his composure as he finally managed to announce, "Sis boom bah," and then opened the envelope from Ed McMahon and read the punch line: "Describe the sound of the explosion of a sheep." For me, that was a ROFL moment before the Internet popularized the expression.)

Edit: Another vote for Bailey! I don't care how rich Barbra Streisand is -- it's a sad, sad comment on James Brolin that he would leave Jan Smithers to take up with the empty barrel that is BS.
                            Last edited by WSUwatcher; November 23, 2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Cecil Fielder, Tommy Lasorda, and Ulf Samuelson.

Comment

Les Nesman...."Chi Chi (long I) Rod-eh-gwazze"

Comment

Working...
                                X