No announcement yet.

New Joker Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it fun to watch? Did it make you feel good?

Comment

I saw the 10 pm show at the Warren East (Regal). First off, Regal is slowly letting that theater become dilapidated. The Grand Auditorium had flickering bulbs on the sidelights, there was no butter in their dispenser (both of them) and most importantly, NO hot dogs. My review, a pretty decent movie. Good origin story and well acted by Joaquin Phoenix. My only complaint was that the pace of the movie was slow for my taste but that's splitting hairs.

In terms of violence, I have absolutely no idea why people think it is so violent. Heck, Kill Bill Volume 1 had more people losing their heads, arms and legs and spewing arterial blood spray in one scene than the entire kill count in this movie. America has to be getting 'soft' and being overtaken by snowflakes if they had issues with this film.

Comment

I saw it. Meh, good not great at all but Phoenix is unreal. That role might have scarred him for life.

pinstripers And no it will not make you feel good about anything.

Comment

I felt GREAT after watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I felt GREAT after watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nobody is going to this movie to feel great about the story lol. This is a cinematic masterpiece on all fronts from the camera work, to the directing, to the score, to the acting. It's a 4-alarm fire for the senses and the intellect and there is a LOT more to the movie than what can be captured from one viewing. Go watch one of the millions of YouTube videos out there explaining all the hidden meanings. I just watched one last night discussing the 30 mins. of scenes (including an alternate ending) that was cut from the film. Wow. Send a master copy to the Smithsonian ASAP.

Just watched the final trailer again last night and couldn't contain the smile on my face. Maybe I'm sick. But I know quality when I see it. I've watched too many bad movies in my days.

Matrix, Pulp Fiction, V for Vendetta, Tombstone, Godfather, Clockwork Orange, Silence of the Lambs, Ex Machina, Joker...

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Matrix, Pulp Fiction, V for Vendetta, Tombstone, Godfather, Clockwork Orange, Silence of the Lambs, Ex Machina, Joker...
                Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

T

Is this Jeopardy? "What is the list of posters that every male college freshman hangs on their dorm wall?"

Comment

Here's a review from Rotten Tomatoes that perfectly encapsulates my thoughts without me having to spend the time conveying them.

For all of the hullabaloo (re: embarrassing media coverage) leading up to the release of "Joker," you'd be forgiven for going into a screening with stilted expectations, preconcieved notions, and a general unease. I myself was a bit guilty on all counts! That just makes what an utter success "Joker" is all the more satisfying. This is an opus. A modern masterwork of performance art and technical film craft. Todd Phillips far exceeds his own filmography with a powerhouse of visual fluidity and intoxicating authenticity. He and Cinematographer Lawrence Sher have crafted a film of great empathy and hellish beauty that's as gorgeous as anything I've seen in a theater this year. Joaquin Phoenix shines once again as the mentally unstable, supervillain to be Arthur Fleck... in what may be his newly minted signature role. He belongs on the same mantel as Heath Ledger, and once again proves to be one of the actors of his generation. An Oscar at this point seems like a no brainer. "Joker" is the great feel bad movie of our time. It doesn't just wallow in misery however; Phillips and co. find the poetry and humanity within. For all of the overpublicized talk regarding brutal and horrific displays of violence (not even close to accurate), it's the emotionally disturbing content and the unbearable suffering of Arthur that have really stuck with me. This is somehow all expertly portrayed under the guise of a DC comicbook film based on one of pop culture's most identifiable assets? "Joker" has what it takes to change the landscape of blockbuster movies. It is the best film of the year.

T

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Is this Jeopardy? "What is the list of posters that every male college freshman hangs on their dorm wall?"
                      Don't be gauche...

P.S. Know where I can find those posters? Asking for a friend.

T

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I saw it. Meh, good not great at all but Phoenix is unreal. That role might have scarred him for life.

pinstripers And no it will not make you feel good about anything.
                        He actually said he was laughing and joking around the entire process of making the film which is kind of mind-blowing when you consider that he may have just submitted his life's best work.

Also he is a self-admitted NON-method actor. Dude just parks his car and rolls onto the set and kills. Or he's crazy. Or both.

T

Comment

joker-joaquin-phoenix-outside.jpg?resize=987%2C576&ssl=1.jpg

A man completely transformed. Can't even see Joaquin Phoenix here. This IS Arthur Fleck...

Somebody PLEASE start being nice to him, before it's too late...

T

Comment

Read quite a few critic reviews. They are basically split as to whether the movie is good or not, although every single one praises Phoenix. Dark and disturbing is a term that many of them seemed to use.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Read quite a few critic reviews. They are basically split as to whether the movie is good or not, although every single one praises Phoenix. Dark and disturbing is a term that many of them seemed to use.
                              I don't know WTF is up with the negative critics on this movie. This is EXACTLY the kind of originality and depth they are always pining for. Well... on the originality issue... there is more than a little bit of Scorsese infused into this film. I did see Taxi Driver and it was great, but I never saw King of Comedy.

This is the kind of response I would have expected every single critic on the planet to offer regarding Joker.

P.S. The reviews from the "commoners" who have seen it are in agreement that it is magnificent. 89% on RT. It was 92% when it came out.

T

Comment

What the heck would you want to go sees me fiction for? Pure nonsense, about a mentally deranged scumbag. That guy wouldn't last in real life. He should be executed. Parading around with that make up, Hey I'm all for men wearing a little make up but the least you could do is make yourself look like Tan 10/10. Nothing wrong with that, reminds me of my younger days trolling on South Broadway but I'm a changed man now.
                                "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

Working...
                                X