Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Joker Movie

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Joker Movie

    It was a masterpiece and Joaquin Phoenix will be getting the Oscar.

    Perhaps the most entertaining/riveting/satisfying movie I've seen since Ex Machina.

    Solid gold all the way around.

    I didn't sense any contrived Snowflake-placating insertions either. Just a fantastically well done exploration on how a man could become a madman.


    T


    ...:cool:

  • #2
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-theatres.html

    'It's way too terrifying': Joker viewers around the world WALK OUT of movie theaters and urge cinemas to BAN the ultra-violent film saying it glamorizes gun crime and deals with mental health issues in a 'triggering' way
    I LOVE IT!

    This movie had maybe 3 murder scenes and one self defense. It's less violent than your typical Marvel movie. It wouldn't even crack the top 150 all-time violent movies. Quentin Tarantino would be dozing off midway through. Well... actually he wouldn't because it's a magnificent work of cinematic art, but you get my point.
    And with this post I may have just relegated this thread to another sub-forum...


    T


    ...

    Comment


    • #3
      I haven't seen the movie but am anxiously looking forward to it.

      I just spent an hour searching Twitter and others looking for comments on Joker. I mostly only see incredible reviews. I found almost nothing negative. It's as if the media creates a false narrative...hmmm

      From the article:

      So far there have been no serious incidents despite fears of a shooting.

      And

      In Manhattan a disruptive patron was escorted out after scaring moviegoers (reportedly drunk. Probably a white supremacist as well, reportedly).

      Police across the nation have high security in place for Joker screenings (this may be the worst).

      Others have gone as far as calling for the movie to be banned from theaters, saying that it promotes violence and could even inspire a mass shooting.


      Seriously, what is wrong with people these days? If you're triggered by Joker, it's way past time to pin the note to your windbreaker.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wanna see it!
        Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

        Comment


        • #5
          Review: “Joker” Is a Superb Movie that I Never Want to See Again

          https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...ever-want-see/

          Joaquin Pheonix’s portrayal of Fleck is so perfect that I’m actually worried that his method acting will have damaged him psychologically.
          This movie is so well done and will quite possibly go down as one of the greatest achievements in cinema history. I’ll talk glowingly about it every time it comes up in conversation.

          That said, I’m not sure I want to see it again. While it was fascinating, I would rather keep it at arm’s length. It’s a movie that can exhaust you. It causes you to feel psychological and emotional discomfort.

          Comment


          • #6
            Man, if only we could be as thick skinned as we used to be back in good old days!!!! Oh wait:

            Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was banned from some libraries in 1885 for his use of language.
            "To Kill a Mockingbird" was banned in Virginia in 1966 for language and violence.
            "Ulysses" was banned nation wide in 1922 and wasn't available in this country until 1933 when a federal court judge ruled it not obscene.

            These are just a few examples. But go ahead and keep believing the silliness that the "snowflake" thing is a recent phenomenon. Our parents and grandparents were just as sensitive about some things as people are these days, you guys. Geez. This is why we need to teach history in school. Most people have no freakin' clue what life was like generations ago and you can tell it in some of the stupid things people believe about our current society.

            But as for Joker, can't wait to see it. The previews I've seen look phenomenal.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              Man, if only we could be as thick skinned as we used to be back in good old days!!!! Oh wait:

              Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was banned from some libraries in 1885 for his use of language.
              "To Kill a Mockingbird" was banned in Virginia in 1966 for language and violence.
              "Ulysses" was banned nation wide in 1922 and wasn't available in this country until 1933 when a federal court judge ruled it not obscene.

              These are just a few examples. But go ahead and keep believing the silliness that the "snowflake" thing is a recent phenomenon. Our parents and grandparents were just as sensitive about some things as people are these days, you guys. Geez. This is why we need to teach history in school. Most people have no freakin' clue what life was like generations ago and you can tell it in some of the stupid things people believe about our current society.

              But as for Joker, can't wait to see it. The previews I've seen look phenomenal.
              I remember when rap music was under attack by conservative politicians. The Bible thumpers in Footloose banned dancing and burned books. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the first time in 100 years that the progressive media is in favor of censorship. Traditionally, the right wing says don’t list n to bad stuff and you won’t get into trouble you can’t escape from and the left says all is fair and if something bad happens the government will take care of you. That’s what’s different about today IMO. The left is suppressing the “bad stuff”.
              Livin the dream

              Comment


              • #8
                For me this isn't a political issue at all. It's a family values issue -- just make sure your kids are old enough and mature enough to watch this movie. Don't watch it if the trailer doesn't appeal to you.
                Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wufan View Post

                  I remember when rap music was under attack by conservative politicians. The Bible thumpers in Footloose banned dancing and burned books. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the first time in 100 years that the progressive media is in favor of censorship. Traditionally, the right wing says don’t list n to bad stuff and you won’t get into trouble you can’t escape from and the left says all is fair and if something bad happens the government will take care of you. That’s what’s different about today IMO. The left is suppressing the “bad stuff”.
                  Thats funny "Lefties are supressing bad stuff and using the media to do it" is already a laughable comment but I suspect you found this information in some form of media which makes it even funnier.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Man, if only we could be as thick skinned as we used to be back in good old days!!!! Oh wait:

                    Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was banned from some libraries in 1885 for his use of language.
                    "To Kill a Mockingbird" was banned in Virginia in 1966 for language and violence.
                    "Ulysses" was banned nation wide in 1922 and wasn't available in this country until 1933 when a federal court judge ruled it not obscene.

                    These are just a few examples. But go ahead and keep believing the silliness that the "snowflake" thing is a recent phenomenon. Our parents and grandparents were just as sensitive about some things as people are these days, you guys. Geez. This is why we need to teach history in school. Most people have no freakin' clue what life was like generations ago and you can tell it in some of the stupid things people believe about our current society.

                    But as for Joker, can't wait to see it. The previews I've seen look phenomenal.
                    We have to "Parental Advisory" stickers on music because of a Prince record. PRINCE!!
                    And let me tell you about when the school became integrated.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

                      Thats funny "Lefties are supressing bad stuff and using the media to do it" is already a laughable comment but I suspect you found this information in some form of media which makes it even funnier.
                      Laughable. How so?
                      Livin the dream

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wufan View Post

                        I remember when rap music was under attack by conservative politicians. The Bible thumpers in Footloose banned dancing and burned books. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the first time in 100 years that the progressive media is in favor of censorship. Traditionally, the right wing says don’t list n to bad stuff and you won’t get into trouble you can’t escape from and the left says all is fair and if something bad happens the government will take care of you. That’s what’s different about today IMO. The left is suppressing the “bad stuff”.
                        You say bible thumpers disrespectfully like Christians banned dancing by themselves. If you’re fair to democracy and Christians, the town banned dancing, Christians didn’t. I wish more people would have respect for the concept in the Constitution that advocates for “majority” to rule. Instead, it seems like some want the “loudest” protest to rule.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                          You say bible thumpers disrespectfully like Christians banned dancing by themselves. If you’re fair to democracy and Christians, the town banned dancing, Christians didn’t. I wish more people would have respect for the concept in the Constitution that advocates for majority rule. Instead, it seems like some want the “loudest” to rule.
                          #1 - You guys are seriously talking about a piece of fiction.
                          #2 - 'The town banned dancing not Christians" is seriously about the most retarded argument ever. Its worse than "dA lEfTiEs"
                          #3 - What the flying fvck are you talking about majority rule. And what the fvck does that have to do with the bible, Christians or a god dammed fictional piece of art?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                            You say bible thumpers disrespectfully like Christians banned dancing by themselves. If you’re fair to democracy and Christians, the town banned dancing, Christians didn’t. I wish more people would have respect for the concept in the Constitution that advocates for “majority” to rule. Instead, it seems like some want the “loudest” protest to rule.
                            I was referring to a fictional movie. I’m not sure what the legislative decision was of the fictional city council.
                            Livin the dream

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wufan View Post

                              I was referring to a fictional movie. I’m not sure what the legislative decision was of the fictional city council.
                              Oh Sorry. FYI.

                              Lol

                              The movie was loosely based on a true story of a small town in Oklahoma who banned dancing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X