X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Oh Sorry. FYI.

Lol

The movie was loosely based on a true story of a small town in Oklahoma who banned dancing.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Laughable. How so?
      It's laughable--at least to me--because the argument that the left is advocating some form of government censorship is patently inaccurate at best and intellectually dishonest at worst. There's really no side of the legitimate political spectrum that openly advocates government censorship, but if there was I fear it most from the right because of their hardline stance to cram their religious, moral, and social views down my throat with government action when with the other side of their hypocritical mouth they talk about small government. The Republican Party is not the party of small government, they are the party that talks about small government while using government as a tool to push their agenda. At least Democrats don't deny their intention to expand government's role in our lives. I don't necessarily agree with their stance, but I respect the fact they don't say one thing and do another.

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to devolve to a political discussion. It was intended more as a commentary on our society. You have the baby boomers (worst generation ever) thumping their chests boasting how they're a bunch of tough guys, when in reality they're just as much the fragile little whiners that everyone else is. They just like to talk **** about everyone else because they don't have the self-esteem to constructively add to society's discourse while other generations actually want to bring up uncomfortable subjects and speak about things that prior generations were too p*ssy to want to discuss. That's what's different about Xers and Millenials--they're not afraid to talk about crap. Boomers swept crap under the rug for years and suppressed the voices of others. Paybacks.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

It's laughable--at least to me--because the argument that the left is advocating some form of government censorship is patently inaccurate at best and intellectually dishonest at worst. There's really no side of the legitimate political spectrum that openly advocates government censorship, but if there was I fear it most from the right because of their hardline stance to cram their religious, moral, and social views down my throat with government action when with the other side of their hypocritical mouth they talk about small government. The Republican Party is not the party of small government, they are the party that talks about small government while using government as a tool to push their agenda. At least Democrats don't deny their intention to expand government's role in our lives. I don't necessarily agree with their stance, but I respect the fact they don't say one thing and do another.

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to devolve to a political discussion. It was intended more as a commentary on our society. You have the baby boomers (worst generation ever) thumping their chests boasting how they're a bunch of tough guys, when in reality they're just as much the fragile little whiners that everyone else is. They just like to talk **** about everyone else because they don't have the self-esteem to constructively add to society's discourse while other generations actually want to bring up uncomfortable subjects and speak about things that prior generations were too p*ssy to want to discuss. That's what's different about Xers and Millenials--they're not afraid to talk about crap. Boomers swept crap under the rug for years and suppressed the voices of others. Paybacks.
        Watch it Mr. RMS!

Crap, I'm old...

https://www.careerplanner.com/Career...enerations.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Watch it Mr. RMS!

Crap, I'm old...

https://www.careerplanner.com/Career...enerations.cfm
          Any talk of generations is a discussion in generalizations. CLEARLY you are the exception to the rule. Besides, I'm as old as you feel.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Oh Sorry. FYI.

Lol

The movie was loosely based on a true story of a small town in Oklahoma who banned dancing.
            I don’t know what to do about kids partying and getting in to trouble. Maybe that’s how they learn? All I can say is, I just want to dance!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Two points of contention:

One, I think hate speech laws are censorship. The advocation of hate speech laws is government censorship.

Two, most of the progressive advocation of censorship is corporate sponsored censorship. Twitter is a good example of the debate. Cancel culture is a good example as well. Public companies/places stating that certain speakers have to provide expensive security, or threatening these events with violence to shut them down is a form of censorship, but not gov sponsored.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Two more examples from the past week: Biden called for Mayor Rudy to be banned from NBC. K Harris told Twitter to ban Trump.
                Livin the dream

Comment

If that's your definition of censorship then we're speaking two different languages. There's absolutely nothing wrong (or illegal) for private citizens or public figures to state their opinion about what others should or should not say. That's a form of speech itself that should not be censored. There's nothing wrong with private companies establishing what's acceptable and what's not on their platforms or products. This is society itself establishing boundaries--that's what we want and how it should work. It's when government establishes what's acceptable and unacceptable that crosses the line--and even then there are still exceptions to the rule (the classic yelling "fire" in a movie theater example).

Also, if that's your definition of censorship, then conservatives are just of guilty of it--if not more--than liberals. Conservatives are all for free speech as long as that speech does not harm their agenda. All we frickin' heard during George W. Bush's presidency is how un-American we were for daring to say anything negative about him. Good Lord. All the rednecks went batshit crazy when the Dixie Chicks criticized him (and they lost their careers), but during the Obama years those same hypocrites were trashing him every chance they had.

Hell, I think the best thing Twitter could do for our country, for our society, for international diplomacy, for domestic affairs, and for Trump himself is to cancel Trump's account. That nincompoop's twitter is the worst thing about his presidency--even worse than his policies. He has broken Twitter's standards of conduct innumerable times, but it's good advertising for Twitter and it keeps people talking about them (like right now), so I guess that's why they haven't done it.

Get real man. This tired argument that somehow the left is all for censorship and the right is the defender and savior of free speech is just as ignorant and misguided as the equally stupid argument that the media is run by liberal elitists who get their jollies by producing and circulating fake news.

It's time to put away our tin foil hats that we made while listening to Rush Limbaugh when we were kids and grow up.

Comment

First, I stated that in the past, it was conservatives that were looking for forms of censorship. I’m not debating that. We agree. I stated that it was strange that the liberals were more for it now, and I pointed out some examples.

You apparently disagree that that those are forms of censorship because it’s private or public figures stating their opinion. I agree with that except when it is politicians. When politicians state their opinion, it implies they are considering legislation; i.e. they are pro censorship. That’s not societal boundaries, that’s political.

Livin the dream

Comment

has anybody seen that new Joker movie?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        What Joker movie?

Comment

Cramming moral views down your throat?

And... did you just say that baby boomers are the worst generation ever?

Baby Boomers are the last generation to be wholly out of their mama's basement and remain gainfully employed for the majority of their lives. Baby Boomers are the reason America grew into the most powerful nation in the history of the world. The last 3 generations are why we will lose that status within the next 50 years.

Brother... What. The. ****! Are. You. Smoking?

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; October 9, 2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

First, I stated that in the past, it was conservatives that were looking for forms of censorship. I’m not debating that. We agree. I stated that it was strange that the liberals were more for it now, and I pointed out some examples.

You apparently disagree that that those are forms of censorship because it’s private or public figures stating their opinion. I agree with that except when it is politicians. When politicians state their opinion, it implies they are considering legislation; i.e. they are pro censorship. That’s not societal boundaries, that’s political.
                            The Conservatives wanted censorship because they didn't want their Conservative children indoctrinated/polluted by what was being promoted in schools, theaters, television radio, etc. Conservatives over the last many decades have been far less concerned about what people choose to do in the privacy of their own homes. Conservatives want to be FREE to worship in peace and believe what they want to believe without intimidation or manipulation.

What you see by the Modern Left is far more selfish, less idealistic, and rooted in emotional weakness/maldevelopment. They simply can't handle difficult situations in life hence: SAFE SPACES! TRIGGERED! SNOWFLAKES! TRUMPPPPPPPSAIDDZOMG!

T

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Joker was awesome! I've been watching the trailer just to attempt to recapture some of the feelings I had while watching the movie. I'll be watching this masterpiece again real soon!

T

Comment

I was referring to a fictional movie. I’m not sure what the legislative decision was of the fictional city council.
                                I thought the movie was about an illicit tractor race.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X