No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrie has had more than 1 successful mid-high end establishments in Wichita. This will undoubtedly be another one. He does it right for his market.

Comment

• I've heard good things, but haven't yet been to one.

WBJ - KC-based The Big Biscuit to open in spring, at least three more to come

Chad Offerdahl, co-CEO of Kansas City-based breakfast chain The Big Biscuit, has had Wichita in his sights for quite some time.

Offerdahl said many Wichitans have asked when he would open the chain in the city.

"We've been saying that we want to come there, we're just looking for the right spot," he said.

Offerdahl's The Big Biscuit is a breakfast and lunch concept that provides American-style food options — like biscuits and gravy, omelets, waffles — and drinks like dirty sodas and coffee. The chain has 30 locations across Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas.
      Coming to 21st and Maize first. He mentioned Bel Aire, Derby, Park City, and Andover as potential options for locations as well.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I just don't get it. Maybe I'm too damned old and cranky all the time. I am hardly worried about where my next meal is coming from, but why in the world would I take my family of 3 to breakfast for at least $50+ (simple plate and coffee)?

There's nothing to making breakfast, at least not what they are offering, and you'll get the same thing at IHOP for half, or less, unless a double frappy salted caramel $10 cold coffee is a must have....and if it is, I feel bad for you.

Don't misunderstand me...I'm happy to pay $$$$ for an 8oz wild Alaskan salmon filet dinner. I don't mind paying for something unique or really well done. 2 eggs and a biscuit and gravy for $15? No thanks for this guy.

Comment

• For me, it's social. Meeting up with a friend, or friends, and catching up over a meal is always good. Sometimes we do breakfast/brunch.

It's always cheaper to eat any meal at home, sometimes people simply don't want to prepare and cook.

For people traveling, cooking is rarely an actual option. There are a lot of softball and MAYB tournaments that will have people in that area often. Then there are also just other visitors to town as well.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I went to IHOP a few years ago and there wasn't anything less than $13 on the menu. Unless they've lowered prices, I don't buy they are much cheaper.

Pretty much agree with everything else WuDrWu said above.
            Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; 5 hours ago.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
            X