Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So it's $2.25 per pound to John, and then whatever Stroots charges to process?
    yep

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

yep
      Any idea what they charge per pound?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

$3-$5 is what I have seen per processed pound.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          $3-$5 is what I have seen per processed pound.
          Wait that price includes processing and the meat, right?

Comment

We process our beef at $4.25 per pound in Alta Vista, KS. That’s the processed cost, not the hanging cost. So, half a beef is about $900 and we get about 100 pounds of hamburger and 100 pounds of steak and roast.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              We process our beef at $4.25 per pound in Alta Vista, KS. That’s the processed cost, not the hanging cost. So, half a beef is about $900 and we get about 100 pounds of hamburger and 100 pounds of steak and roast.
              How much hanging weight would half a beef be?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Actually a 1000 pound steer will yield approximately 180 pounds of steaks of varied kinds, 180 pounds of roast and pot roasts, and 90 pounds of stew and ground meat making a total of 450 pounds of table meat which is 45 percent of the live weight of the animal.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Actually a 1000 pound steer will yield approximately 180 pounds of steaks of varied kinds, 180 pounds of roast and pot roasts, and 90 pounds of stew and ground meat making a total of 450 pounds of table meat which is 45 percent of the live weight of the animal.
                    What would the hanging weight be for a 1,000 pound steer?

Stroots processing charges for beef: http://www.strootlockers.com/beef-processing/

The hanging weight appears to be thee key metric.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What would the hanging weight be for a 1,000 pound steer?

Stroots processing charges for beef: http://www.strootlockers.com/beef-processing/

The hanging weight appears to be thee key metric.
                      Hanging weight would be approximately 500 lbs; which produce approximately 325 lbs of packaged meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        EB 22 Have you tried the new restaurant "Puerto Vallarta" (sp?) on Tyler near Central? It's a hole-in-the-wall Mexican food place, but I think you will be stunned by the quality of the food. Even the pork chimichanga was gourmet. I was very pleasantly surprised when I went there.
                        Yessir. Really enjoyed my visit there. I’m not sure how busy they are so that’s my fear. Two Mexican restaurants have already closed near that area in the past couple months.
                        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I ran across a Hawaiian restaurant in a tiny strip mall in Derby. Has anyone tried it? Looked interesting.
                          Awesome little place and even nicer people. Definitely should give them a try if you can.

If you drive into a smaller city, you'll usually find the same old styles of food. There is usually the popular pizza place, a bar or two, typical fast food
                          ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post

Yessir. Really enjoyed my visit there. I’m not sure how busy they are so that’s my fear. Two Mexican restaurants have already closed near that area in the past couple months.
                            Yeah, that's my concern too. They are a hidden gem -- too hidden.

Comment

Made a list of my favorite new restaurants of 2019. We had a ton of new dining options this past year. It was extremely hard to narrow them down:

It was a busy 2019 and by my count there were over 75 new options for dining options in the Wichita area.
                              ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                                Made a list of my favorite new restaurants of 2019. We had a ton of new dining options this past year. It was extremely hard to narrow them down:

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2019/12/...ions-2019.html
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X