No announcement yet.

Should KU & KSU join the MVC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be overreacting, much like you have over stated many things. You have been a condescending jerk with your banter, if I overreacted, fine. And #26 all time in.sagarin is good company, thanks for the congrats.

Comment

• Interesting stats from last year's TV viewership. The SEC rules. The SEC also has a zero fee for teams that want to leave, you can leave without penalty. Nobody is leaving. This really paints a good picture of why aTm, given the opportunity, would jump to the SEC in a heartbeat. I have always been a proponent of paying the schools that get on tv more than paying the schools that don't, but the more I look at it, the more I think I'm wrong. The SEC and Big 10 don't have any teams threatening to leave or even giving it a second thought. They also have the highest TV ratings. Anyway, here is the top 10 games last year, the SEC had six of them:

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John
        The SEC also has a zero fee for teams that want to leave, you can leave without penalty.
        Reference please....

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John
          Interesting stats from last year's TV viewership. The SEC rules. The SEC also has a zero fee for teams that want to leave, you can leave without penalty. Nobody is leaving. This really paints a good picture of why aTm, given the opportunity, would jump to the SEC in a heartbeat. I have always been a proponent of paying the schools that get on tv more than paying the schools that don't, but the more I look at it, the more I think I'm wrong. The SEC and Big 10 don't have any teams threatening to leave or even giving it a second thought. They also have the highest TV ratings. Anyway, here is the top 10 games last year, the SEC had six of them:

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2010/12...ll-tv-ratings/
          The two most surprising thing to me about those TV ratings is 1. that they are that low and 2. that Boise St (a non-BCS team) vs. Virginia Tech was the 3rd highest game.

For football being king, the overall ratings really aren't that great.

Comment

• This thread took a major dip to LOLville in a hurry..

Some people are either getting wayyyyy too sensitive on a WSU board or they're clearly being threatened by facts and truths.

Thanks for bringing entertainment to the board, MVJ!
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I tried to put up a pic of Homer eating popcorn, but all of them I found were link-protected.

One of the more interesting aspects of this thread is that KSU fans are showing up to make the argument that KSU belongs in a BCS conference. I haven't noticed much participation from KU fans.

That fan response legitimizes the the thought that KU will find a BCS home and KSU is in trouble. KSU fans are insecure and trying to defend their program in every possible outlet. KU fans seem to have enough confidence that they can accept the title of this thread as sarcasm.

KSU fans seem to have a level of desperation that KU fans don't have. That's an indication that a lot of the points about KSU that have been made in this thread are concerns to KSU fans.

There's no reaction when you don't hit a nerve.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Think what you want Aargh, but I came to this board because I am a Shocker fan also and I enjoy reading about Shocker hoops. What I found was a Nub football fan blasting KSU for the exact same stuff that can be said about 60 other BCS conference schools, so I responded. And lets face it, the reason no KU fan responded is simple, KU fans don't even recognize that WSU exists, so why would they come on this board and post a reply to the topic about joining the Valley? KU fans are way too good to go to WSU boards, come on, don't you know your place??? KU is the "flagship university," why would they stoop to reading about WSU basketball?

Comment

• We have plenty of KU fans that post here. Most of them don't cause any problems and aren't ultra sensative. Many of our KSU fans that come over here are the exact opposite. Also, a number of KU fans enjoy WSU and follow us. I know many and even notice WSU talk on their message boards from time to time.

MVJ has done nothing wrong, and considering most agree with him, I'm not sure what you want from him. KSU only gets in a BcS conference if they tag along with KU. Football is driving this, but KU basketball will get them a seat at one of the tables.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    We have plenty of KU fans that post here. Most of them don't cause any problems and aren't ultra sensative. Many of our KSU fans that come over here are the exact opposite. Also, a number of KU fans enjoy WSU and follow us. I know many and even notice WSU talk on their message boards from time to time.

MVJ has done nothing wrong, and considering most agree with him, I'm not sure what you want from him. KSU only gets in a BcS conference if they tag along with KU. Football is driving this, but KU basketball will get them a seat at one of the tables.
                    +1
                    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• I love irony. The guy with 18 posts, most of them in this thread, is calling MVJ a Nub.

Those of us who follow this board regularly have gotten to know and respect MVJ. He brings an outsider's opinion and is generally accurate and informed on the subjects he discusses. We like the guy. He has been hesitant to post because he is not specifically a WSU fan. Several of us have invited his opinions and asked him to post more often.

The one person who seems to have a problem with him objects to MVJ's opinions about KSU. However, MVJ's opinions about KSU seem to be shared by a majority of the posters on this board.

The KSU supporter in this thread has said that Nebraska and KU fans have no respect for KSU. This thread shows a strong indication that WSU fans have little respect for KSU.

So, KSU has very little respect outside of fans of KSU. The same can be said for WSU. We can't say that for KU. They have a lot of respect in basketball. We can't say that about Nebraska. They have a lot of respect in football. Oklahoma, Texas - get the picture?

In the big picture (nationally) fans don't make much of a discernment between WSU and KSU. They perceive a difference in recognition between KU and KSU. That's why KSU could be on the outside looking in after the B12/10/9 finally collapses.

The Valley would be a very competitive league for KSU in both football and basketball. (You won't see Bill Snyder scheduling Northern Iowa for a gimme game.) The Valley would be a great geographic fit for KSU. That's why the original question in the title of this thread is legit.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Nebraska > K State.
                        Go whine and shout EMAW on your own KSTATE message board

Comment

• If this has been commented on earlier, I apologize, but I checked several posts and didn't spot any discussion on it.

The local paper here reported on Wednesday:

"Lawrence,Kansas - The Kansas Board of Regents would prefer Kansas and Kansas State remain in the same conference even if the Big 12 eventually falls apart."

Just who makes the decision on this? Does the Kansas Board of Regents have the final say on which conference KU, KS (or WSU for that matter) can belong to? Or does the university?

Kind of puts KU into the position of Dad telling the oldest son that the only way he gets to borrow the car to take out the prettiest girl in school is that he must drag his younger brother along.

I don't know what came over me after reading this as I almost, I said ALMOST, felf a little pity for KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock
                            If this has been commented on earlier, I apologize, but I checked several posts and didn't spot any discussion on it.

The local paper here reported on Wednesday:

"Lawrence,Kansas - The Kansas Board of Regents would prefer Kansas and Kansas State remain in the same conference even if the Big 12 eventually falls apart."

Just who makes the decision on this? Does the Kansas Board of Regents have the final say on which conference KU, KS (or WSU for that matter) can belong to? Or does the university?

Kind of puts KU into the position of Dad telling the oldest son that the only way he gets to borrow the car to take out the prettiest girl in school is that he must drag his younger brother along.

I don't know what came over me after reading this as I almost, I said ALMOST, felf a little pity for KU.
                            I've read the same thing. However, if KU has the opportunity to go and KSU isn't wanted, I think the BOR would accept that. Right now, I think they'd like to keep both in BcS conferences and you can't blame them. But KU won't hesitate to cut ties with KSU if and when they prevent them from moving to another conference.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• And exactly which conference is going to want KU but not KSU? SEC, no chance, that is a football driven league, KU does not have the stadium or add anything football related to the SEC. Big 10, again, I highly doubt they accept anyone who brings zero to their football conference, especially a 50,000 seat crappy stadium. PAC 12, doubt it, they want the OK and TX schools. KU and KSU are going to the Big East, and both schools are wanted by the Big East, not just KU. People think KU is wanted in this because of bball, but if you think that, you aren't paying attention. People think KU delivers the KC market, but in football, KSU out-ratings KU in Kansas City. Missouri is attractive to the SEC and B10 because of a 70,000 seat stadium and a football program trending upward, KU is not. Feel sorry for KU all you want, but they are only slightly more attractive than KSU in this whole deal. Bash me if you want, but it is true.

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X