Tiger Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods

Is this a one match fluke?! Or can he win more plus another major or four?!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

I've never been a big Tiger fan, but I think he's back. I was happy for him and even had a tear in my eye. Probably good for golf; it needed a little shot in the arm.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm not sure he's "back".....I don't think he will (or anyone to be honest) ever do what he did in his prime. That was dominance on a level not likely to be seen again.

He still looked fatigued to me. I think he can win, and be #1 perhaps if he manages his schedule, and I think he's got a major left in him if his body holds up.

There's little doubt it's good for golf. FedEx Championship Sunday ratings? Up 206% year over year lol

Those other guys weren't hugging him just to congratulate, they all see the dollar signs Tiger brings.

I heard he had an interesting press conference today, some comments about how some of the younger Euros had said they wanted Tiger and wanted to compete against him, his response was supposedly along the lines of "well, here I am." Come get some. Love it. Love the competition of the Ryder Cup and it appears I'll get little sleep Thursday to Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I've never been a big Tiger fan, but I think he's back. I was happy for him and even had a tear in my eye. Probably good for golf; it needed a little shot in the arm.

Isn't this the old adage, youth is wasted on the young, on steroids? Even the great, probably the greatest, Tiger Woods, as he's aged at 42, has a much better understanding of his impact, of the fragility of success, how easy it is to lose something, that you aren't invincible, even if it's the fact the Father Time will ALWAYS win eventually.....his emotions take over as he appreciates something he's done more than anyone ever. Even Tiger Woods was humbled by the moment.

I understand every great athlete or celebrity has both fans and detractors. As a fan of golf and someone that grew up playing the game, I've always enjoyed watching Tiger. He's made a few mistakes, but I don't think any of us will know the pain and suffering his injury caused and led to his substance abuse. His problems with his marriage are mostly indefensible. But what he's done for golf, and much more so, what he's done for kids, for SO many youths, his Foundation, his charitable activities cannot be overstated in my opinion. Whether you think he should or not, he does, and he has, and the world is a much better place because of Tiger.

He's not perfect, but who among us is?

Comment

• shoxtop
          shoxtop commented
          Editing a comment
          Just out of curiousity and completely off-topic, but do you share a similar opinion of Lance Armstrong?

Good to see him back. I spoke to him once when he was just starting out as a pro. Cool dude.

T

...:cool:

Comment

shoxtop ... yes to Lance Armstrong. It is documented here on Shockernet if the 8-track tape backups go that far, but I was a massively huge Armstrong fan. His fall was devestating but also somewhat of a witchunt.

I have always been a big Tiger fan and always believed in a comeback. I hope he wins another major.

Comment

I can tell you that I wouldn't have been watching the Tour Championship if he wasn't in the field. He just makes the game better and more fun to watch. I love it.

And hell yes, the Ryder Cup is awesome and now will be that much more better. Sucks that it's in the French Turd Capital and tee times begin at like 2am.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Good to see him back. I spoke to him once when he was just starting out as a pro. Cool dude.

T

Great to see him back. Not a cool dude, however.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                He was back then.

All smiles, friendly, engaging, godlike.

T

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Great to see him back. Not a cool dude, however.
              But have you met the new improved, mortal, has kids, gracious-but-still-a-fierce-competitor Tiger, that can almost but not quite walk on water?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

But have you met the new improved, mortal, has kids, gracious-but-still-a-fierce-competitor Tiger, that can almost but not quite walk on water?
                Yea, it's on all the sound bites, so it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                  Yea, it's on all the sound bites, so it must be true.
                  Yay, another Tiger fan!

Comment

Character matters, or at least it should. Just don't understand all the love for someone with his history. I guess if I look around the world today I should accept that character doesn't matter to many.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      Character matters, or at least it should. Just don't understand all the love for someone with his history. I guess if I look around the world today I should accept that character doesn't matter to many.
                      Or that most people aren't perfect and many, many, many have skeletons in their own closet. Tiger just got caught.

I don't condone what he's done in the past and he certainly looked pretty scummy for a while, but I think he's paid his penance and trying to right the ship.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Or that most people aren't perfect and many, many, many have skeletons in their own closet. Tiger just got caught.

I don't condone what he's done in the past and he certainly looked pretty scummy for a while, but I think he's paid his penance and trying to right the ship.
                        I am all about forgiveness, but I don't know what the penance is for having 14 affairs going on at the same time while being married is. Making one mistake is being human I guess, but the public number of 14, which we all know is probably more, is a bit on the high side for me. The game of golf is better with Tiger in the mix, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Penance? He missed time because of injuries, that's not penance. As recent as last year he's found on the side of the road out of it due to pain killers and alcohol. I'm not saying he should be banned, I just don't understand the adoration of the masses. There's no evidence this Tiger has changed his stripes.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                          X