Tiger Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

Penance? He missed time because of injuries, that's not penance. As recent as last year he's found on the side of the road out of it due to pain killers and alcohol. I'm not saying he should be banned, I just don't understand the adoration of the masses. There's no evidence this Tiger has changed his stripes.
    I am 100% with you lash, but this weekend...GO TIGER!!!

Comment

Looked like Tiger was almost moved to tears by the reception from the mostly French crowd during introductions today. TI-GER! TI-GER!

Comment

Matchups start in 10 hours:

Koepka and Finau vs Rose and Rahm

Johnson and Fowler vs McIlroy and Oleson

Spieth and Thomas vs Casey and Hatton

Woods and Reed vs Molinari and Fleetwood

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Looked like Tiger was almost moved to tears by the reception from the mostly French crowd during introductions today. TI-GER! TI-GER!
          Le Tigre!

Le Tigre!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Heeeeeeeere comes TIGER!

TIGER!
            TIGER!
            TIGER!
            TIGER!

Comment

TTTTTTIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was there. It was amazing. I am not a huge Tiger fan and have said publicly he wouldn't win another major (what the hell do I know). This was one of the most amazing wins in sports history. Congrats Tiger.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You lucky dog!!!!

I fear now that Cersei Lannister will win the Game of Thrones.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'm very happy for Tiger. It's good for golf. Now that golden boy Jordan Spieth seems to have fallen back to the earth, golf needs a boost. He's been through so much (most self inflicted albeit), but very, very impressive to come back and win another Major. Now, it will be fun to see if he can catch Jack. He's 43, so still relatively young and if he can stay away from re-aggravating chronic injuries, it will be fun to watch to see if he can catch Jack.

Comment

Two things can be true at the same time. On one hand Tiger’s legacy as a lecherous husband and father was not a good look and if nothing else, showed that his arrogance of thinking himself to be untouchable while protected by his inner circle was a trait that was not endearing to 99% of those that previously rooted for him. His bout with pain killers was extraordinarily sad and it seemed to be a given that his story would end up as the golfers equivalent of Marilyn Monroe.

One the other hand Tiger has always given significantly to charities, appears to be a very patriotic soul who appreciates the greatness of and opportunities this country has given him and actually seems somewhat contrite and humble post his misgivings and inner battles.

In essence, the latter, while not completely negating the former, is enough to make me see why people root for him and love his comeback. If nothing else, it gives golf a story line that recaptures the casual follower of the sport.
                    Last edited by shoxlax; April 15, 2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I have to admire Tigers perseverance to recover from one of the biggest falls of all time from the mountain tops to the gutter. I think this come back may be even more impressive than is original rise to greatness. Whether or not he wins another major I think he as salvaged and restored his legacy. This doesn't erase his missteps of the past but it certainly boosts how people will view Tiger as a not only a golfer but as a man.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I'm trying to remember what it was like when I turned from a middle class dude into the world's premier athlete with the body of Adonis, $500,000,000 of cash sitting in my bank account, and every young lady on the planet throwin' themselves at me, and any conceivable thing I wanted with the snap of a finger -- not to mention the pressure of competition and fame following me every step I took while I am pimping Nike products to a world-wide audience.

Oh yeah, that never happened to me. So I guess I'll never know how I would have behaved with that type of temptation staring me in the face on a daily basis.

I'd venture to guess the well deserved public backlash he received when his behavior was "outed" has transformed his character substantially for the better.

One thing is for certain -- I never looked to Tiger for character coaching, and don't plan to any time soon. But as a fan of Tiger the athlete, my gosh, KICK ASS TIGER, I'M ROOTIN' FOR YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I'm trying to remember what it was like when I turned from a middle class dude into the world's premier athlete with the body of Adonis, $500,000,000 of cash sitting in my bank account, and every young lady on the planet throwin' themselves at me, and any conceivable thing I wanted with the snap of a finger -- not to mention the pressure of competition and fame following me every step I took while I am pimping Nike products to a world-wide audience.

Oh yeah, that never happened to me. So I guess I'll never know how I would have behaved with that type of temptation staring me in the face on a daily basis.

I'd venture to guess the well deserved public backlash he received when his behavior was "outed" has transformed his character substantially for the better.

One thing is for certain -- I never looked to Tiger for character coaching, and don't plan to any time soon. But as a fan of Tiger the athlete, my gosh, KICK ASS TIGER, I'M ROOTIN' FOR YA!!!
                          Didn't Wilt Chamberlain write that he had "done" 10,000 women?

I wonder what the "private" life of the single or married race car drivers is?

Heck, look at the POTUSs and their womanizing history.

I won't even get into the Hollywood stars.

Regarding Tiger, was his drug deal before or after the back problems. Addiction after appropriate prescribed usage is, to me, a different scenario than those who are addicted just because. I don't recall the specific scanario with Tiger.

To go from being on one of the greatest runs ever in golf, to the upheaval in his life (of his own doing), the surgeries, failed comeback attempts, more surgeries and perhaps never being able to play again, to a gutty, intelligent, totally controlled performance in the 2019 Masters certainly, in my mind, deserves and demands recognition as a tremendous achievement. It is too easy to let the drama of his pitiful life choices outweigh the tremendous good he has done for the game of golf with his First TEe program and the TGR foundation. The first item in my Google search resulted in this:

"Golf by the Numbers. 1.9 million golf balls hit. 31,343 students introduced to golf. 2,674 nine-hole rounds of golf played. 5,390 golf clubs built, fitted and donated to students. 2,279 students evaluated for golf skills and knowledge. 163 students obtained Level 3-Masters Class certification.

Tiger did what he did and has paid a significant price for it (family, endorsements, publicity, etc.). There hasn't been any publicity about continued or new problems and he most certainly has been under significant scruitiny.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Just a fantastic article about Tiger receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom: https://golfweek.com/2019/05/06/tige...freedom-trump/

Make sure to scroll down, if you only see an ad.

Comment

The media is trying every damn way to crucify Tiger for associating with Trump but their hands are tied.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, but it is Trump who is trying to divide the country along racial lines. Okaaaaaaaaaaaay! The Democrats and their media propagandists are such uniters don't you know.
                          Working...
                          X