No announcement yet.

New Downtown Baseball Stadium, AAA Club, and Associated RE Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita River Riders doesn't do it for me.

Comment

• How about a slight modification: Wichita Wriver Wranglers

Ok, that's bad. Nevermind.

Comment

• I'd go with River Marlins. Be true to the parent club while confusing everyone.

Comment

• Team Name #2: Wichita 29-ers. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they are rolling out names that they will not use.

• SB Shock
          SB Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          The 29ers blows chunks. How could that even be in the top 6. I hope they are just lowballing to make the real one seem even better. Because if this is the best they have - major failure.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Frackin' horrible!

• Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
        Team Name #2: Wichita 29-ers. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...
        Might as well roll with the 69ers if they're going that direction. Now THAT'S a minor league name. Can you imagine the mascot and logo?

Comment

• What is the historical connection of the 29er's? Never heard of it but must have a connection to Wichita somewhere.

Comment

• Like Shockm, I was lost on the significance of the number 29. For any other ##-er team, it denotes a year. It makes sense (now) that it's in reference to a B-29, but maybe the name should have been the B-29s or the Bombers or the Fortress or something like that.

If you have to explain the name, it's best to choose something else. Next!
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Air Capital Flying Monkeys has wings.

Comment

• It was a miss for the name that was publicized was not the B 29er’s.

Comment

• I'm sure some people saw this, but probably not everyone. Looks like there's not a lot of reason to get excited or worked up over any of the names we'll see.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I think that was mentioned at the time they released the 1st name. So basically these are don't worry we are not using these names releases.

• Yeah, this name stuff they're doing right now is just for publicity--just to get people talking and to draw attention to the organization.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I'm telling you, the Wichita Wind Sox is going to be the name. When I'm interviewed, I'll make sure I name drop Shockernet and especially Fever as major influences to my submission.

Comment

• I hope they don't go with Funnel Cakes, to play on the Baby Cakes name with a tornado theme. That's my biggest fear. A mascot looking like an upside down poop emoji.

Comment

• The Doo-Dahs is the latest fake name thrown out. This is really becoming an idiotic exercise drawn out way too long.

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey hey, I submitted the "Doo-Dah Dusters"... ;)

• Well, the silver lining is the actual name has to be better than the turds they've dropped so far.

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr. Hankey says "howdy-ho!"
                Working...
                X