No announcement yet.

KC Chiefs Preseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder about those things too, sb, but I get my answers through twitter. Its the only reason I have a twitter account, other than the brazil trip. If you would like I can post those things on here as nearly all of your questions are answered or updated nearly every day. I was just talking about the topic at hand and responding to other posts.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

wow SB, are you really one of those people that is criticizing Haley for going to a lil Wayne concert?
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        wow SB, are you really one of those people that is criticizing Haley for going to a lil Wayne concert?
        I think all he's saying is Haley isn't a badass because he goes to some stupid concert.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          I think all he's saying is Haley isn't a badass because he goes to some stupid concert.
          well yeah, did someone actually say he is badass? I think its good he went so he kind of bond with the players.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            well yeah, did someone actually say he is badass? I think its good he went so he kind of bond with the players.
            Yes. Someone did...
            Originally posted by shock
            Haley is a badass. Read the comments. End of story. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/8...ers-a-shoutout
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

no (though I know that there are some in the media that are) - that is part of my frustration and why I vented yesterday.

Those (professionals who follow the chiefs - not Shockernetters - just to be clear) who are covering the Chiefs are so easily distracted with the Harbaugh and lil wayne things and are spending their time taking shots at Haley and writing their puff pieces on whether he should have went or not - there really is very little flow of real information.

Comment

LB Brandon Siler out for year with torn achillies tendon
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Signs of life!

Comment

Chiefs waive 7. Jackie Battle not among them. Tevaris Johnson is.

Comment

The Chiefs have a chance against Green Bay.

It has been reported that several Green Bay starters did not have to attend practice on Sunday and have been named to the practice squad for this week's game. Aaron Rodgers is included on the list of players who may not start. Flynn & Harrell will do the quarterbacking.

Could be an interesting game.......the Chief starters against the Packer's second, third & fourth stringers.

Comment

I'm not surprised that Battle wasn't cut yet. He was a solid contributor on Special Teams last year. However, there may be too many RB's above him to continue on the team after the final cut.

Comment

So the game will show us absolutely nothing and Chiefs fans will get excited about how our first string looks against Green Bays second string? Our 1's better show up and do something or Chiefs Nation will be on suicide watch :)
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see the roster locks play one series or less.

Comment

I guess it is the final game of preseason. They don't usually play much anyway.

I've been less than impressed as a whole anyway.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Does anybody have any positives? I'm not finding much.

Originally posted by Profootballweekly
                                The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"(Chiefs head coach) Todd Haley knows his team stinks, that he is going to get blamed and it probably is his fault. He definitely has done nothing to help the offense, especially at the receiver position. It's not difficult for anyone to connect the dots. Look at the guys they have brought in (during Haley's tenure) — Jerheme Urban, Terrance Copper, Steve Breaston, Bobby Wade — they all played for Todd at Arizona, Dallas or Chicago. (Rookie first-round pick Jonathan) Baldwin is already in trouble. You look at the offense as a whole. They have no center; the receivers are not that good; (Tony) Moeaki is hurt again, the right tackle (Barry Richardson) cannot block speed. Subtract Charlie Weis — how does the offense get any better? This will be Todd's last year, and I think he knows it."
                                Seems kind of harsh, I doubt he would be fired for a bad year unless it is like meltdown bad. Arrowhead pride picked up the story and has some reason why the above analysis is wrong.

from arrowheadpride - grading matt cassell

Cassel looked absolutely lost at times. He was consistently trying to force the ball to covered receivers when he could have gone to his second read and/or checked it down.

One thing that must be mentioned is the lack of protection he received from his offensive line. I'm not making excuses, but if Barry Richardson doesn't get it in gear the Chiefs are in huge trouble. Richardson was an unmitigated disaster. I can't be any more blunt about that point. He looked like he had no business being on the field Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X