KC Chiefs Preseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster
    LOL. Nick Afton at Warpaint.com on Allison's show on KSGO said that Baldwin missed practice because he wanted the ball and Haley was feuding with him about it. It sounded like he got this information from players and he sided with Baldwin. The word from the NFL channel was that the players were getting tired of Baldwin's selfish attitude and Jones confronted him and took care of it.

I'm not sure I trust Afton's knowledge and access to information because often his statements and predictions don't pan out to be true although I often miss his show. Allison seems to trust him but I think that usually it's a waste of time to listen in my opinion.
    It's Athan, not Afton, but I agree. Dude rarely predicts anything right. Wonder if the team and coaches think the guy is a joke.

Comment

Pryor selected by the raiders in the third round of the draft
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm counting 6 wins this season...absolutely brutal 5 game stretch covering weeks 10-14 featuring NE, PIT, CHI, NYJ & GB...they'll be lucky to win one of those...hope I'm dead wrong.

Comment

This team lacks identity. There is no team leader on offense or defense. Coach Haley is soft and a whiner. 5 - 11 or 6 - 10 this season. The schedule is brutal. Luckily, we always have a chance as long as we are in the AFC West.

Comment

Haley is soft?!?! Haley is one if the most abrasive coaches in the nfl. How else do you get a notoriously lazy receiver and turn him into the most productive receiver in the league? What makes you say Haley is soft? And if there is no team leader on offense or defense, who cracked Baldwins thumb and why? And I'm sorry, but weren't all there rookies drafted last year team captains? The schedule is brutal, but the Chiefs are returning an offense that led the league in rushing and a pass rush that made the most composed QB in the league throw a fit, which i don't think he has ever done before. They have an all pro QB the WR that scored the most TDs, a back that tied an NFL record for ypc a pair of cornerbacks touted as the best young tandem in the AFC, a second year all pro safety already classified an an elite the AFC sacks leader and a TE worthy of the name Tony. They brought in a beast of a nose tackle the best fb in the league a rookie with tons of upside, a WR to fill the slot, and now tout one of the best most dynamic backfields ever. KC, I mean no disrespect, but i don't know what team you've been watching. I see the "Choke Chiefs" of old uneasiness in your post but these boys are ready to win, and win big. And remember, the preseason performances don't mean jack.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

And if your major question marks are the offense look at the 2001 ravens.

Comment

So shock what's your season prediction? I applaud your enthusiasm but don't share your rosy opinion on the overall talent level. And I'm in no way sold on Haley. If he can get back to the playoffs with this schedule then I'll buy into the bravado.

Comment

Man, I honestly don't know. I know they have the personell to bring it. I am gonna say... 10-6 11-5

Comment

I went through the schedule with a friend the other day and we were trying to be optimistic and came out with an 8-8 record. It's a tough schedule and we're not sold on what we have as a whole. That appears, by our calculations, to put the Chiefs in a race of 2nd with Denver. But we had us coming in 3rd.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Haley is a badass. Read the comments. End of story. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/8...ers-a-shoutout

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                        Haley is a badass. Read the comments. End of story. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/8...ers-a-shoutout
                        So Haley going to "lil-wayne" concert makes him a badass? His post-game tantrum at mid-field last game says otherwise.

Chiefs have many questions to answer.

They had some guys who had career years on D and will they be able to duplicate that effort and get even better?

Will their young guys on D who had solid season get even better?

Cassell....Cassell....had 93 QB rating, mainly becuase they didn't allow him to take many risks. Can he grow? or are they going to continue to limit him?

OL - younger plays need to get better, older player need to stay healthy and need to find replacement for their pro-bowl guard?

Will KC have more than just the threats of Bowe and Charles on offense?

Comment

huh when did haley have a tantrum last game?
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

DannyParkinsDanny Parkins

So @RavensInsider just said on @610SportsKC that the 1st punch was thrown by Thomas Jones. Baldwin sustained his injury punching back.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                              huh when did haley have a tantrum last game?
                              “I want to apologize to the Chiefs if they feel like we were not doing the right thing at the end of the game,” Harbaugh told Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times. “The mindset was this is preseason. If this had been regular season, we would have been on a knee. The idea in that situation is to give these young guys who work hard and who are trying to make a football team to play the whole 60 minutes and give them a chance to show what they could do.”

Haley appeared to have choice words for Harbaugh during their post-game handshake. It is not his first time in that regard. Last year, after a 49-29 loss to the Denver Broncos, Haley scolded Broncos then Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels rather than shake his hand in the postgame.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                                DannyParkinsDanny Parkins

So @RavensInsider just said on @610SportsKC that the 1st punch was thrown by Thomas Jones. Baldwin sustained his injury punching back.
                                Baldwin probably mouthed off, as he seems to have a history of doing, Jones took exception and popped him, and when Baldwin hit back:

A) He missed and hit a wall or locker.
                                B) He hit some well chiseled part of Jones' body
                                C) Jones deflected the punch, causing injury

Comment

Working...
                                X