Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    huh when did haley have a tantrum last game?
    “I want to apologize to the Chiefs if they feel like we were not doing the right thing at the end of the game,” Harbaugh told Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times. “The mindset was this is preseason. If this had been regular season, we would have been on a knee. The idea in that situation is to give these young guys who work hard and who are trying to make a football team to play the whole 60 minutes and give them a chance to show what they could do.”

Haley appeared to have choice words for Harbaugh during their post-game handshake. It is not his first time in that regard. Last year, after a 49-29 loss to the Denver Broncos, Haley scolded Broncos then Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels rather than shake his hand in the postgame.
    And choice words were said to be,"I'm not so sure about that, Coach."

Harbaugh called the two timeouts in the last minute to score when they clearly had the win. Haley obviously was still smarting from the playoff lose and it seemed Harbaugh was just grinding salt in an open wound. There was no tantrum, as a tantrum is an embarassing public display of anger which includes blindly flailing limbs and screaming. Id Haley did that, then yes,he threw a tantrum. SBshock, did he do that?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Either way, he needs to get over it. It's preseason and those kids need to play to earn a spot. Taking a knee does nothing for development or evaluation. Why didn't our D just man up and keep them from scoring? That's the issue that should have pissed Haley off.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That would be true... IF he threw a tantrum
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock
          Even if he complained to the other coach as you said, he needs to get over that and didn't need to bring it up. He comes off as a baby either way.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

defend haley all you want -but he came off as whiner. And the national media also saw it that way to - that was the story after the game. Here is a sampling

That's what these games are about. If Haley truly got worked up because his third-string defense couldn't stop the Ravens' third-string offense, I think he needs to take a chill-pill, look at his calendar and realize that this is August and these games don't count for anything.
            And if Haley is preparing himself for a long season of being offended by opposing coaches, he’s certainly on the right track.
            Chiefs coach Todd Haley was unhappy about what he thought was an attempt by the Ravens to run up the score—and he let Baltimore coach John Harbaugh know about it afterward
            You want to keep someone from running up the score? Stop them from scoring! It's pretty simple, really.

Haley had a similar response to former Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels last November after McDaniels ran up the score to a 49-29 total against the Chiefs. Haley refused to shake McDaniels' hand coming off the field, and he later apologized for that.
            Todd Haley Berates John Harbaugh
            What's different about last night's situation? I think Haley was wrong here. He's getting a reputation that, frankly, isn't a good look for him.
            And the award for the shortest fuse in the NFL goes to: Todd Haley. Seriously what is up with this guy?

Comment

Can't wait to see Haley's reaction after Belichick calls for Brady to throw a couple deep bombs when the Chiefs are down 0-60 against the Patriots this season.

Comment

1. I want to know from who saw it first hand, not someone who saw it on a video.

IF he did:

2. The guy defends his players
                3. When players see that a coach cares about them, they will do anything for them.

Seriously sb, dig that lemon out from wherever it is, mouth stomach, ext. Is it possible for you to say something positive at all?

Comment

what i saw what happened after the game was harbaugh said "sorry its preseason" and Todd looked like he was saying "its Ok" like 3 or 4 times. Its not as bad as the media is making out to be.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Brandon Siler tore his achilles

Comment

Some people are making the Baldwin situation out to be Jones sticking up for Haley. I have a feeling that it probably comes from Baldwin not giving the veterans the respect that is expected from all locker rooms when they make rookies go through a period of being humbled before they accept them as a part of the team. Things happen everywhere to rookies at this time of year and when they don't respond positively, they are made examples of. On the NFL channel, Willy McGinnest was speculating that this is what happened to Baldwin.

Comment

Seriously sb, dig that lemon out from wherever it is, mouth stomach, ext. Is it possible for you to say something positive at all?
                        I am not just some blind fan-boy who is going to make up excuses fr the organization.

So far there really hasn't been much positive about preseason (except Houston play the other night). Only good thing about preseason is there hasn't been a significant injury and it will be over soon. Just distractions with fights and the coach making an ass of himself (now if u believe Haley didn't really say anything to harbaugh then may harbaugh is the troublemaker).

Comment

sorry but chiefs preseason will also suck as long as Haley is the coach, he wont show nothing. Last years preseason was the same way, but that didnt stop us from winning the division. As long as we are ready for week 1, i really could care less how "we look" in the preseason.
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

We benefitted from a horrid schedule last year as well. This team will go only as far as our number two running back will take us...
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Charles started the other night (and played the first 2-3 series) so I don't think that he's the #2 back. I don't understand the big deal with this. Their is no doubt in my mind that he will take the majority of carries especially in the second half and stay fresh. I will say this about Haley. He led the Chiefs to a good year last year and exceeded most peoples expectations and then those same people that said they couldn't win more than 6,7, etc., changed their story and they only won 10 games because they had an easy schedule. I will judge the games on how they play. They played Baltimore at least even and Baltimore played their starters on offense longer (into the 2nd half). The 4th quarter wasn't on Haley.

However, I do agree that it doesn't do Haley any good to show his anger on the field (I guarantee that 90% of the coaches would have felt the same way but wouldn't have shown it on the field-probably later through other channels though).

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                                sorry but chiefs preseason will also suck as long as Haley is the coach, he wont show nothing. Last years preseason was the same way, but that didnt stop us from winning the division. As long as we are ready for week 1, i really could care less how "we look" in the preseason.
                                Do you really think any real fan of the NFL cares about the preseason games? Please. But we have "Shock" talking about how Haley is a "badass" because he went to concert.

Here is what I would hope would be being discussed in this Chiefs preseason thread.

a. How is breaston and urban looking? Is either one going to help take the pressure off of bowe?

b. What looks to be the impact of McClain joining the offense if any.

c. forget about the fight, did the Chiefs screwup by taking Baldwin? He is not even sniffing playing time on the dept chart on team who had WR corp who second best WR had 22 catches.

d. Moeki was a bright spot last year - how is he progressing?

c. Cassell - is he getting better? In the little time we have seen in preseason he is looking shaky? But what about in practice.

d. Richardson is now the 2nd string tackle - does that mean O'Callaghan is upgrade or there is potential problem there?

e. How Asamoah looking (replacement for Waters)? Another concern, or is he going to be fine.

f. Does Houston have a chance of supplanting one of the starting OLB?

g. Is DE Jackson breakout year or bust?

h. Is the interior DL going to be better? is Gregg going to stay healthy and be an impact on D?

i. What is real word on Gaither? Is he going to be a factor is his back to messed up?

Doesn't any other Chief fan wonder about these things? am I the only one?

This information is not going to be found in a pre-season game, but is going to be found by those who follow and report on the chiefs full time and will be from candid interview and from reports on practice. These are the things that are going to determine whether the Chiefs continue to grow and be a better team or they take a step back.

But why digress. Let get back to the discussion of how haley is such a "badass" because he goes to a concert because we know that is what really important. Going to concerts and smoking dope. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X