• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by vbird53
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by vbird53
    I don't blame Petrino one bit.

Good for him for leaving the NFL. He had to find out for himself that he's THE man in college, and only a babysitter in the NFL.

Welcome back to college.
    this is whats wrong with society, people dont care if your loyal or not. O well i will enjoy espn calling petrino what he is and that is a "coward"
    Why does he have to be loyal to Atlanta? What did they give him? A promise that they're All World QB will be locked up? He got screwed into a bad situation, and decided that it was best for him and his family to remove themselves from the situation. I don't blame him one bit.
    So if things dont go a certain way or the season dont go a certain way, you can just quit on your team. Players would be benched and punished if they quit on a team, but a coach gets to be in a better situation. Im more of a NFL guy than college guy, so maybe i just got a differenct perpective than some of you, but i think its cowardly of what he did. I would feel totally different if he would have waited after the season to jump ship, but he quit in the middle of the season, i just think he is sending a real bad message to the kind of guy he is. Even Nick Saban finished the year before he jumped ship.
    I would absolutely agree with you that the system is screwed up, but Arkansas has got to have a coach ASAP for recruiting purposes. It is essential that he be on campus ASAP. In another situation, I can't believe that Nebraska is letting Pelini coach in LSU's bowl game. There's no way that I'd be happy with that if I were a Nebraska fan (which I most certainly am not).

Comment

Working...
    X