X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose
    Originally posted by Hovpen
    Katie's run was unearned
    The run was earned. All sets of Rules for whatever governing body have this statement or its equivalent in the Rule for scoring: "Earned runs are determined by reconstructing the inning as if there were no errors or passed balls." Based on the verbiage from GameTracker, the single subsequent to the error that allowed the run in the tenth to score makes that run earned since the single would have scored the runner from third even had there been no error.

I doubt that the automated scorebooks that schools use have the smarts in their algorithms to calculate earned runs according to the Rule above. And I understand that UT-Arlington will report to Wichita State that the run was unearned and that it will go in the season stats as unearned. But according to the Rule, ...

Caveat: I obviously was not there, so the GT verbiage may be misleading or incorrect.
    Mea culpa. Hovpen is correct (the run is unearned), because the scoring runner was placed on second base because of the ITB. The run is charged to the team (as I recall) and not the pitcher. All of the other stuff is true, but not relevant because of the ITB.

Comment

The Armagost family is pitching well early in the season. Nikki was just named pitcher of the week in the Big West Conference for her win over No. 22 ranked Northwestern.

Comment

Working...
      X