No announcement yet.

Lady Shocks at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hovpen, from what I have read on here in the past, it is not that easy recruiting local kids when they are being told not to even consider coming here by their travel ball coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch
      ... they are being told not to even consider ...
      Or wanting to go away from home to attend school or wanting a particular academic program or liking the vibe of a particular school or ... . This is not so simple as coaches not recruiting future Olympians from their own backyard.

Comment

There are a lot of kids that don't play for the coach you are refering to that could play at WSU. And do you think if an athlete wanted to go to WSU and was actually recruited by them that he would stand in their way?

Comment

Take it easy guys/gals I am only repeating what I have read and heard on this forum.
          Hovpen, I do believe that gold coaches have a tremendous influence over their players. Especially if the kids get caught up in the luxury of their current playing experience.
          Moose, what are you talking about when you say "future olympians" from your back yard? You mean we have some here? Or were you speaking hypothetically?

Comment

Moose, what are you talking about when you say "future olympians" from your back yard? You mean we have some here? Or were you speaking hypothetically?
            Sorry, the (mild) sarcasm alert should have been on.

Comment

Darn it! You had me all excited. I thought I had missed out on some great players we were hiding. I guess I should have known better though because to play for team USA I think you pretty much have to be from a sunbelt state don't you?

Comment

... because to play for team USA I think you pretty much have to be from a sunbelt state don't you?
                Of the 18 on the 2009 National Team, CA(12), OR, AZ, TX, TN, GA(2).

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
                  There are a lot of kids that don't play for the coach you are refering to that could play at WSU. And do you think if an athlete wanted to go to WSU and was actually recruited by them that he would stand in their way?
                  Yes. If they still wanted to play for him, that is.

Comment

Working...
                  X