Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at Memphis

Game One

We trail 4-0 after three and a half, and Breezy replaces Kasha to start the bottom of the fourth.

Kasha's old bugaboo returns. She gave up a solo shot in the second and a three-run blast in the third. It would be interesting to know if those were rise balls. I am beginning to think that her curve has to be her out pitch.

A single by Kersti in the fourth is the only Shocker hit.

Sammie Shook is at SS and Hayley Temple, another freshman, gets the start at 1B.

In the fifth, the Shocks plate two using singles by Sammie, Hayley, a pinch-hitting Holly and Kiersten.

Memphis returns the favor and then some in the bottom half with a two-run double following a triple and HBP. Then a two-run shot clears the bases. Later in the inning, a three-run homer ends a run-rule game, 11-2.

Shocks give those two right back on a two-out, two-run single by the Memphis RF who had the 3 run home earlier.

So our inability to get the key outs when needed and to hold teams in check after we get back in the game appears to continue also.

Comment

Now a 2-run jack makes it 8-2. That should pretty much seal the deal for Memphis in game 1.

:(

Comment

Wow that got ugly real quick. :( 11-2

Comment

Memphis with 7-runs, all with 2 outs in the 5th. Ouch.

Memphis had 4 home runs that accounted for 9 of their runs.

Not the start the Shocks were looking for.

:shock:

Comment

Its just one game. Gotta put it behind them and get after it this next game. I assume this is a double header?

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch
              Its just one game. Gotta put it behind them and get after it this next game. I assume this is a double header?
              Yes its is. I think the second game should get under way at around 4:00.

Comment

I know people got angry with me last year for saying this, but I don't understand why we didn't go get more pitching for this season. Even if it was a juco kid.

Comment

QP you keep talking bout more pitching, well all these girls we have now have had stellar careers until they get here. At what point do you look at the coachhing our pitchers are getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch
                    I know people got angry with me last year for saying this, but I don't understand why we didn't go get more pitching for this season. Even if it was a juco kid.
                    Well, for whatever reason, it did not happen and it's too late to do anything about it now (stating the obvious). So we will have to go with what we have and hope they show imrpovement.

We do have 6'1" Sloan Anderson out of Oregon joing the staff next year. I'm not sure it would hurt to try to sign another arm for next year if they can find a decent one.

Comment

Game 2

No score going into the bottom of the 4th.

Katie Armagost with a solid 1st 3 innings for the Shocks.

Shocks loaded on a walk and 2 hit batters in the second but were unable to come up with the 2-out hit.

7 of the Shocks 12 outs have been K's so the Memphis pitcher must have pretty good stuff.

Gametracker seems to be locked up.

Comment

From what I have heard, I don't think I would bet the season on Sloan Anderson next year. We need more than that.

As for the coaching, I don't think I want to get that discussion started here as I am sure the players and coaches all check out this forum from time to time.

Comment

Looks like the Shocks picked up a run in the top of the 6th to go up 1-0.

Comment

I believe that tied it at 1-1

Comment

Is is possible that our best pitcher is a walk on? KA

Comment

Working...
                              X