Lady Shockers Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock
    I think coaches in all sports men or women should be held to the same standard on winning
    It theory, but some coaches are working with a lot more resources and thier teams are seen in a much more public way which has a bigger impact on the University. Right or wrong that's the way it is. Perception is a big deal.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Lady Shockers Softball

Originally posted by flyingMoose
      You can't juicy stuff like that from the softball schedule on the new and improved goshockers.com!
      The schedule is up today.

Comment

I think pitching and defense will be a huge issue this year. Shook will struggle at short stop defensively, especially with her arm. She has plenty of arm strength but she never knows where it is going and she doesn't have a very quick release. Mitts has speed in center but has zero arm due to injuries. Kolb will have to carry the pitching load again and now that Valley teams know not to swing at her rise ball, lets hope she has developed another out pitch.
        Our schedule looks pretty soft though and I predict we could win 30 games this year. Pooch needs a good year especially since this is year #2 with all his recruits. Lets do our part by getting out there and supporting the team.

Comment

How much depth will the Lady Shockers have? Will injuries hurt? How are they if Kasha goes down with injury? Do they have an offense to score 4 runs every game?

Comment

Originally posted by 1B29
            How much depth will the Lady Shockers have? Will injuries hurt? How are they if Kasha goes down with injury? Do they have an offense to score 4 runs every game?
            I think they are using the full compliment of scholarships, yes, worse than they are if she stays healthy, if my 9 year old daughter is pitching-yes-otherwise that's a tough question.

:wsu_posters: :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks:

Comment

Shocker Softball picked to finish 6th in the MVC preseason poll

ST. LOUIS- The Wichita State softball team has been picked to finish sixth in the annual Missouri Valley Conference preseason poll, released by Valley officials this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 1B29
                Not sure we have much depth where it counts -- in the circle, but we will see how that works out this year.

Injuries will hurt especially if you are the one injured. How they would impact the team would depend on who they would lose to injury. You want to be as strong as possible up the middle.

We scored 3.83 runs per game last year. So would not take that much improvement to get us to 4 runs a game, although we will not score 4 in every game.

OTOH, we allowed 4.64 runs per game last year, so even if we improve to 4 runs per game on offense it will do little good if we don't improve in holding down the opponents scoring.

IIRC, we lost a lot of late leads last year. That is an area we definitely need to shore up.

Comment

Four runs would be a lot of runs against any decent softball team with a good pitcher

Comment

Outside of the Pitcher coming in from the Northwest are there any proven hitters coming in for the Fall of 2010? What essentially will have to happen to put this program on the map? Recruiting, player development, and etc. Just wanting some opinions from alumni and fans.

Comment

After watching a few fall games, I don't think we are as good a hitting team as we were last year. On top of that we lost our starting short stop from last year. Pooch will have to do his best coaching job of his career to win with this team. Also, Kolb will have to step up and be better than last year because ultimately it will come down to her.
                      Don't look for much help out of the other pitchers.

Comment

Working...
                      X