Shocks @ Kent State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ Kent State

Perhaps one of the tougher games on the Shocks non-conference schedule this year.

An interesting 1st half. Some good and bad (as usual):

Bad: Shocks scored only 4 points during the 1st 10 minutes of the game hitting only 2-13 shots.

Good: Shocks held Kent State to 12 points during the 1st 10 minutes so they were still in the game.

Bad: Shocks were getting out-rebounded early and Marisah was turning the ball over too much.

Good: Shocks rally behind Haleigh (14 points), Chynna and Danna to score 28 points in the last 10 minutes of the half to take a 32-29 lead. Danna hit a 3 at the buzzer to give the Shocks to lead. Shocks hit 10 of their last 13 shots.

All in all a good half, especially after the No. Colorado performance and the bad start tonight. Good to see Haliegh back in the swing of things.

:goshocks:

Certainly good to see a half-time lead against a quality team on the road. Now we'll see if a young team knows how finish on the road.

BTW, I'm glad to see Haleigh and Dannah both having confidence to keep shooting. They didn't go into a shell and it is what allowed us to make the run we did.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Did I hear that Haleigh just picked up her 3rd foul early in the 2nd half?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        She does have three, but we extended the lead without her, and she hit a three to give us a 49-40 lead when she came back in.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          She does have three, but we extended the lead without her, and she hit a three to give us a 49-40 lead when she came back in.
          It was great to see Marisah and the youngsters maintain and extend the lead during Haleigh's absence.

Up 51-41 now.

Comment

16 turnovers for the Shocks. Need to clean that up a little.

Comment

Haliegh En Fuego! Another 3 off the bench. Gives her 20 for the night and pushes the Shocks to their biggest lead at 56-43.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Haleigh hits another 3 to give her 20 points and a 13 point Shocker lead.

Chynna is also giving Kent State trouble inside.

Comment

Big rebound/Tie-up by Jaz with 3:00 left. Shocks up by 11.

Comment

Hopefully, the Shocks don't get too conservative here. Up 62-54 with 2:20 remaining.

Comment

Shocks wrap up a big road win!

Comment

Shocks 66 - Kent State 55

:good: :goshocks: :yahoo:

Comment

Important step in this young team's development. Big win on the road over a good team.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Impressive and unexpected road win for the Shocks especially following the poor performance at home against Northern Colorado.

Haleigh with 24 must be feeling better.

:goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Kent State was 5-1 with a couple of road wins. Not for nothin', but their RPI was 103.

Nice win for the 270 team.

Comment

Working...
                              X