Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Jane is trying too hard to sell her team and tickets. Build a good product to put on the floor and you will sell more tickets. I don't believe we have ever won an MVC Women's Basketball Championship. Regular or post-season. Get that done and you will do wonders for the attendance.
    Bingo.

With all the pessimism surrounding the program and the likely 7th or lower predicted finish, how much more time do you think JS is gonna give Jane?

I personally think this should be the make or break year. If the Lady Shox don't show any improvement (an above .500 record would be nice), then I think it's time to move on.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

^^^^ This will be Jane's last year. You can't have a program like this with JS for long, even if you are a friend. Smith had twice the record she does and that got him booted. She's done. They're just going through the motions for another year.

Comment

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that guards are not hitting '3's' during the games, and your center is not pulling down the rebounds, no matter what they might do in practice. Jane is a little too predictable, just like Turgeon was at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that guards are not hitting '3's' during the games, and your center is not pulling down the rebounds, no matter what they might do in practice. Jane is a little too predictable, just like Turgeon was at times.
          Last season, our center averaged 10.4 rebounds per game and we shot .345 as a team from 3, including guards that shot .457, .418, .360, and .344 (all of those guards are returning btw).

If you are going to criticize the team, at least criticize what they are actually bad at, not what they excelled at. They were a very good shooting and rebounding team. What they were bad at were turnovers and defense, which negated any good things they did.

You have given me zero reason to take your analysis seriously since your description of what is wrong with the program sounds like it comes from someone who has never watched this team.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

As usual, TMH is on the money.

TOs and D have hurt the Lady Shox. Hopefully that's something that's been addressed and will improve this year.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X