No announcement yet.

Softball Recruit Has Enticing Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did read in a 2006 article that OU was recruiting Kasha. How hard I don't know.

Kasha is 5'6" and 130 lbs. and I'm wondering if her diminutive size may have kept some of the Big Girls from going after Kasha.

Comment

Taryne Mowatt is 5'6". Ask her, if that is too short. Ask Mike Candrea if that is too short.

Comment

Being vertically challenged myself I would love to have an undersized, overachiever lead us deep into the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

If your team really wants to see her develop fully, Nancy Evans has left the Wildcats softball team. She is the best pitching coach in college softball. I have no idea about her availability, but if I was a HC of a college softball team, I would be trying to find out about her availability.

Comment

Greetings Shocker fans! New to the board. Just heard about it from a friend of mine that is a huge Shocker sports fan. I have a little one that plays softball, so I saw this post and wanted to comment on it. Was wondering why you threw the Nancy Evans thing out there. She is a good pitching coach, but what about the current pitching coach at WSU? I've heard some good things about her, but of course the season will tell. Anyone got any info on how the team may do this year???
            Go Shocks Go

Comment

I have not really seen any analysis of how the Shockers will do, but I would think that they will certainly miss Margo Pruis and the key to their season may be how well they can replace her pitching.

Creighton, Illinois State and Southern Illinois are considered the teams to beat this year in the MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                She is the most dominant individual in a team sport in all of Oklahoma. At any level.
                Why WSU? Why not OU, Arizona, etc.? On paper this appears to be equivalent to Noel Johnson selecting WSU (men’s basketball) over UNC, Duke, Georgia Tech, etc. There must be a logical explanation why Kasha chose WSU? Surely, someone here knows the answer to this question? WuDrWu? Regardless of the level of competition, her numbers are simply mind boggling. Sign me up for the bandwagon, I will be boarding soon.

:clap:
                Simmons (Kasha's summer Coach) said schools such as Auburn, Georgia, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State expressed interest in Kolb. She waited until recently to take the ACT, which caused some schools to back off, he said.

'Some of these schools get impatient,' Simmons said. 'That was a big plus for WSU. They were willing to be patient and wait for her to take her exams.'

Kolb narrowed her choices to Wichita State and Missouri State.

"I wanted to stay close to home," Kolb said. "I really liked the girls, the coaches and the facilities."

Comment

JUST A LITTLE INFO ON KASHA "KASH MONEY" KOLB
                  Kasha has been very competitive and very sucessful throughout her softball career. She started pitching when she was 7 and her first outing as a pitcher she threw 9ks and had her first three strike outs.

She set goals for herself at a very young age and has accomplished all but one so far. And there is no reason for us to believe she wont accomplish that one either (winning the Womens World Series)

At 9 years old she went to the ASA nationals in California and pitched every game she placed in the top 10 that year with the Oklahoma Dynasty and in 12under she once again pitched every game but 1 and WON the 12under AfA national tournament. At 13/14 she made the jump to play 18Under with her pitching coach Jesse Simmons on the Oklahoma Mavericks she pitched every other game as a 14 year old with her teammate Emily Harp and blew us away with her confidence and ability by competing and winning in such tournaments as the Colorado Fireworks and ASA nationals at such a tender age. She wanted to win state for her team and coaches and town and as we all know she did 42-0.....

She played for the Tulsa Eagles last summer and was amazing in her performance. She beat such teams as the Virginia Shamrocks the California Cruisers and Zephyrs, Houston Power the Georgia Elite, Texas Glory Gold, Florida Gators Gold and Ultimate Gold to name a few.

She choose WSU for several reasons--1 she wanted to stay close to home 2. She had and instant comfort and connection with the coaches. 3. She loved the campus size since she comes from a small town she didnt feel overwhelmed. 4. She wanted to go to a university where she felt like she could make an impact early in her college years. 5. She LOVED IT!!!!!!

She did have several universities recruiting her but it didnt matter to her after She got her first call from COACH POOCH she was sold on being a Shocker.....Coach Kris impressed her with his patience during the Gold qualifier in OKC.

She is a beautiful young lady with one more goal to accomplish in her Softball career!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SHE CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X