Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC Track Championships - Terre Haute, Indiana - This week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long jump did not appear to go well....we didn't have a top 3 finish.

2 qualified in the 100 hurdles....but just barely. Selena Burns finishes a LOOOOOOOONG day getting the last spot and Samantha Hallman qualified 7th.

As a side comment, Indiana State is hosting. They are dropping both tennis teams, effective immediately. There updating of the events has been atrocious. These 2 bit schools we have to carry in this crappy conference is getting old.

Comment

This evening's card has mostly prelims but there will be finals in the high jump and the 3000 steeplechase featuring WSU All America Kellyn Johnson and Rachel York. Both will be looking to score well for the Shocks.

Erika Kovesi and La'Taish Brown will compete in the high jump. Any points from this duo would be unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        As a side comment, Indiana State is hosting. They are dropping both tennis teams, effective immediately. There updating of the events has been atrocious. These 2 bit schools we have to carry in this crappy conference is getting old.
        6 events have finished, some over 3 hours ago and still no update on the ISU website. :-x This day in age, it takes almost no effort to update the website. Incompetence like this should ban them from ever hosting again.

Comment

Results FINALLY coming in....and they look great for the Shocks!!!!!

Kellyn Johnson......MVC Meet Record in the 3000 Steeple!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fantastic Race where no less than 5 runners beat the regional qualifying time.

Rachel York finished 3rd in a sparkling time as well.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Audacia and Brittany make the finals in the 200.

Samantha Hallman, Emily Ballock and Courtney French all made the finals of the 400 hurdles. A really good result for Courtney.

Lauren Eck and Danielle Walker make the finals in the 800. Hali Mobley just missed as well. Good result. Hali making it would have been great.

Comment

LaTaish Brown finished 5th in the high jump. That's obviously a bonus 4 points.

Brooke Demo 2nd in the vault and Hannah Marsh 3rd...I think others scored but, again, ISU sucks.

Long jump was another good point total. LaTaish Brown was 4th, Brittany Hemphill was 5th and Erika Kovesi was 7th. Very good for the ladies.

So far, almost NO disappointing finishes for the ladies and even a few pleasant surprises.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Due to the lousy coverage, I cannot verify these totals but this would seem to be where we are after Day 2.

1 Wichita State 81.50
                2 Southern Illinois 49.50
                3 Illinois State 46
                4 Northern Iowa 41 .50
                5 Missouri State 40
                5 Indiana State 40
                7 Drake 9.50
                8 Bradley 4

Comment

Kate Schaake finished 5th in the shot....a very sharp competition where the top 4 all hit the NCAA regional mark....unfortunately, Kate missed it by .04 meters. Autumn Weaver missed the finals.

Comment

The Lady Shox are in a good position going into the final day, it appears SIU is having a good meet as well and will battle WSU. I think if WSU has just a solid day they will come away with the win. GO SHOCKERS!

Comment

74, what point total do you think it will take to win tomorrow?

Comment

I think it will take 180-190 points

Comment

The hammer throw is done. WSU had no entrant so essentially all the points go to SIU who took the top 3 spots and 5 of the scoring slots and WSU's lead is all but gone. This was certainly not unexpected.

1. WSU 81.50
                          2. SIU 78.50

I would like to understand why there are not rules in place to limit the number of entrants in any one event, at least at the MVC championships.

SIU basically went unchallenged in the hammer throw and just puts out bodies to sweep points. There doesn't appear to be much "competition" in that.....I know we all know the rules before going in but it would seem to me that with the same number of scholarships available to each school that you should be mandated in some way to build a team and decide who has the best team? This isn't limited to SIU....UNI and WSU have done the same thing as well in different events.

Comment

Results are pouring now...not a great day for the Shocks....its going to be close.

Triple jump:

Erika Kovsi gets 3rd but SIU's 6 entrants get 5 scores and out points Erika 18-6.

4X100 WSU takes the top spot barely edging ISU. SIU is third.

1500 - Kellyn Johnson wins again! Unfortunately, the other 5 WSU runners combined for only 1 point. That's going to hurt.

100 hurdles - Samantha Hollman 5th and Selena Burns 6th. But SIU combines for 23 points.

Running totals have SIU ahead by 10 but I don't know what that includes. The 100 is done as well (Audacia did NOT win) and maybe the discus too.

Comment

I'm going to be away for a bit......wrap up later.

It does not look good for the Shocks.

Even a sweep of the 5k (highly unlike;y) and a win in the 4X400 probably aren't going to be enough to take over the Salukis.....just a bunch of slightly below expected results today.

Comment

Ya' think that K.J. is any good? I guess so!

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

Working...
                                X