No announcement yet.

Grade for Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, we need to fire adams immediately and hire jester - he will sign the #1 class in the country in about 1 week

Comment

If you all recall, my first criticism in terms of talent gathering was on the old AD for firing and hiring too late in the process. That obviously slowed down the process.

Comment

Adams was announced as the new coach on March 26, two weeks after Albright was fired. That isn't an unreasonable timeline to fire a coach for which the funds to buy out her contract had to be secured and execute a thorough coaching search to land the best available candidate.

Jim Schaus did just fine.

Comment

No, it wasn't unreasonable, but it also wasn't timely. I am a bit surprised that Jim, by his own admission, didn't have the ball rolling a bit earlier to cut down on the waiting.

Sorry for expressing my opinion. I forget, everything is Shocker country is always perfect.

Comment

It is possible that Jim did not get his first choice. (Some think OSU's Jim Littell was at the top of his list).

Regarding why not recruit more than 2 players remember we had several players who were on the roster well after the late signing period who decided to move on or were otherwise unavailable.

Jenn DeGarmo left the earliest IIRC. I believe Frannie and Kayla left pretty close to the start of the semester if not a little after. Whitney Rice left after a career ending injury early in the 1st semester. Samantha Smith left the team 5 games into the season.

Were these losses are primarily Jody's responsibility of just pretty much pre-destined due to the coaching change I do not know.

In any case, we are where we are. I see this year more or less as a throw away year, similar to last year for the men, the 1st year for Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtJester
              No, it wasn't unreasonable, but it also wasn't timely. I am a bit surprised that Jim, by his own admission, didn't have the ball rolling a bit earlier to cut down on the waiting.

Sorry for expressing my opinion. I forget, everything is Shocker country is always perfect.
              it's not a matter of you expressing your opinion, it's a matter of how foolish you look with what you say

i guess you expected adams to finish top 3 in the valley having 5 months to totally change the mindset and mentality of these girls before official practice started and with 2 players brought in that represent the kind of ball she wants to play

this is the actual quote from you on the original message of this thread:

"I'm not sure we upgraded the program's future with Adams...I hope her recruits are as solid as some suggest because they are going to have to overcome her coaching"

for you to say that with all of the circumstances that have already been mentioned throughout this thread is completely absurd. until she has a chance to bring in 'her girls' and see how they perform, NO ONE can give a completely honest evaluation of the kind of coach she is....if you're too blind to see the girls she has are light years ahead of where albright had them as athletes, nothing anyone can say is going to make you see just how dumb that statement is.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtJester
                Why would they be of lower talent? Many players don't sign early because they are still making up their mind and some are still waiting for qualifying scores to come in. Not all late signees are devoid of talent - many wait. One of the top players in the nation, Lance Stevenson, out of NY, has not signed as of yet and is waiting to sign in April. He is still taking college visits.

Please, don't be stereotypical.
                and you are talking about the mens game where the whole ordeal of recruitment tends to be a lot bigger. Women's game and recruiting is totally different.

Comment

Working...
                X