Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker Softball at Carolina Classic (Chapel Hill, NC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxsoftball
    Pitching is improving.
    And the competition is declining, which helps.

George Washington scored one run against Cal. We play GW tomorrow - the only game of the day for both of us. So far they have scored that one run in the tournament, and we have not scored even one run.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      ... I'm lowering my expectations quite a bit.
      Yeah, the season is yet young, but at this point it is hard to imagine a finish as high as the preseason pick of fifth. But some other teams in the bottom half may be having their struggles, too.

Comment

[quote="flyingMoose
        Yeah, the season is yet young, but at this point it is hard to imagine a finish as high as the preseason pick of fifth. But some other teams in the bottom half may be having their struggles, too.[/quote]

Team MVC All
        Southern Illinois 0-0 4-0
        Drake 0-0 2-0
        Northern Iowa 0-0 4-2
        Indiana State 0-0 2-1
        Bradley 0-0 3-3
        Creighton 0-0 1-1
        Missouri State 0-0 2-3
        Illinois St. 0-0 2-5
        Wichita St. 0-0 2-5
        Evansville 0-0 0-0

All Standings

Comment

Well we end the tourney on a good note, 9 hits and 11 runs. KK goes 4 innings gives up 1 hit and 1 unearned run with 5 strikeouts, Breezy comes in the 5th to shut em down

Comment

As noted, today's victory was a nice way to leave town.

I have been a bit puzzled about why Kasha is getting most of the starts. My best guess is that she has a lot to learn if she is to help us by the time the Valley gets here. Any other guesses?

For me, the pleasant surprise to this point of the season is the offensive contributions of the freshman shortstop, BreAnna Brown. In the fall, she was not very confident at the plate the times I saw her. Today, her grand slam was part of the ten-run second, and her .316 average at this point in the season is the fourth best of the "regulars". She was also named to the all-tournament team of the Carolina Classic.

Comment

So far it seems Coach Pooch has almost been using pre-determined splits in these early games. If that is the case I suppose who starts is not all that important.

In any case, I agree that we need Kasha to improve fairly quickly in order to be effective by conference time.

Not sure how good GW is, but nice to get a well-pitched game with solid offensive support.

:goshocks:

Comment

So far it seems Coach Pooch has almost been using pre-determined splits in these early games. If that is the case I suppose who starts is not all that important.

In any case, I agree that we need Kasha to improve fairly quickly in order to be effective by conference time.

Not sure how good GW is, but nice to get a well-pitched game with solid offensive support.

The only thing "pre-determined" is that Pooch has placed his entire stock in one kid, Kasha Kolb, and it looks as though she is not quite as good as advertized. Perhaps he should have supplimented his pitching staff with a juco pitcher with big game experience to go along with Kolb? There were 2 Juco All American pitchers right here in Kansas last year (Davis from Cowley and Supak from Butler)

Comment

QP, Lauren Supak is at Missouri State. Any idea about Heather Davis?

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch

The only thing "pre-determined" is that Pooch has placed his entire stock in one kid, Kasha Kolb, and it looks as though she is not quite as good as advertized. Perhaps he should have supplimented his pitching staff with a juco pitcher with big game experience to go along with Kolb? There were 2 Juco All American pitchers right here in Kansas last year (Davis from Cowley and Supak from Butler)
                    That may very well be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                      QP, Lauren Supak is at Missouri State. Any idea about Heather Davis?
                      Heard she hurt her shoulder and has hung up the cleats.
                      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Heather is enrolled and taking classes at PSU. She missed the last part of the season last year and I believe had surgery over the summer. At any rate, she is not playing softball this season.

Comment

Working...
                        X