No announcement yet.

Women's Indoor Track Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess they didn't want to run Kellyn again. Shocks finish 5th in the relay.

:cry:

Comment

Women's long jump finally up.

La'Taish Brown was 2nd, Brittany Hemphill was tied for 4th and Erika Kovesi was 6th. A good result.

Comment

Shocks are 3rd of 8 teams competing. 3 points out of 2nd.

5 events scored for both men and women so far.

Comment

Awesome updates! Thanks!

Shocker women are battling tough in this one. SIU looks like the team to beat but WSU and Missouri State are also in the mix. Will be quite a showdown on Sunday. The young Shockers are showing they won't back down. Kellyn Johnson looked amazing in the 5k, look for more of the same Sunday.

Comment

Things are going to pick up now.

1 Mile Run

Ho hum...another meet record for Kellyn Johnson. She wins in 4:44.92.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Olivia Martinez takes 4th.

After 6 events scored:

1) Southern Illinois 58
            2) Wichita State 50
            3) Missouri State 40
            4) Northern Iowa 38
            5) Illinois State 18
            6) Drake 15
            7) Indiana State 14
            8 Bradley 1

Comment

Sasha Manuel takes 2nd and Samantha Hallman 7th in the 60 hurdles.

Standings after 7 events scored:

1) Southern Illinois 74 2) Wichita State 60
              3) Missouri State 45 4) Northern Iowa 38
              5) Illinois State 22 6) Indiana State 17
              7) Drake 15 8) Bradley 1

Comment

Erica Kovesi takes 3rd and Karolina Mosa 7th in the triple jump.

Comment

No scores in the 400.

Kate Schaake 3rd in the shot.

Audacia Moore 5 and Brittany Hemphill 6 in the 60.

After 11 events scored:

1) Southern Illinois 130
                  2) Wichita State 83
                  3) Missouri State 64
                  4) Illinois State 47
                  5) Northern Iowa 46
                  6) Indiana State 42
                  7) Drake 15
                  8 Bradley 1

Comment

Brittany Hemphill takes the MVC title in the 200!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Audacia Moore takes 4th. I just had a feeling these 2 were going to come up big this weekend!

After 13 events scored:

1) Southern Illinois 140
                    2) Wichita State 105
                    3) Missouri State 80
                    4) Indiana State 57
                    4) Illinois State 57
                    6) Northern Iowa 51
                    7) Drake 15
                    8 Bradley 1

Can the ladies hang on? The 3k looks good for us.....Brooke Demo should score in the Vault.....4X400 I have no idea......I don't think we have much in the high jump.

2nd looks very possible at this point!

Comment

Remaining events:

3k should be a good event if Kellyn runs.

4X400 not so much but again since everyone will have a team it shouldn't cause a big team shake up.

We should score well in the pole vault as well.

High jump, no score.

2nd really looks doable right now......

Comment

Kellyn Johnson DOMINATES the 3k by 20+ seconds. Olivia Martinez misses scoring which may really hurt when we get to the end.

Another Valley Title for Kellyn!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Lady Shocks did hold on for 2nd place. Ladies were slotted at #4 in the pre-meet ratings. Nice job Ladies.

Team Scores (Women): Southern Illinois 154; Wichita State 143; Missouri State 111; Indiana State 88.50; Illinois State 70; UNI 63.50; Drake 30; Bradley 1

Kellyn Johnson was a no-brainer choice for Women's Track Most Oustanding Athlete setting 3 new MVC Indoor Championship Records.

Comment

What a great effort by the lady Shockers to place 2nd and give SIU quite a scare. I was at the meet and will give some perspective if I can. The pre-meet poll had SIU the overwhelming favorite and the Shox 4th. Indiana State had a bad meet and was really out of it on Sunday that left WSU and Missouri State about even on paper chasing SIU. Missouri State had a solid last day but SIU and WSU had great final days. The 11 point difference is really so close in a meet with 17 events and for a team that is so young to go and compete that well is a very, very good sign of things to come for this team.

Kellyn Johnson - one of the best peformanes in MVC history I gotta believe. Made Pasca Cheryiot from MSU look ordinary and I have to think Kellyn had the MVC Cross Country meet in the back of her mind all weekend. Just dominating, is on fire right now and could do some serious damage at the NCAA meet in 2 weeks no matter what event she runs.

Freshmen Brittany Hemphill and Audacia Moore are going to be a big-time duo for years to come in the sprints. Audacia battled back from mono this indoor season to place in the top-5 twice and Hemphill has legs up to her neck!

Lots of new faces scoring big points. I gotta think out door that WSU should be considered a co-favorite, at least early, considering they are going to be strong in the 400 hurdles, discus, 4x100, and steeplechase (Kellyn Johnson).

Great effort Shockers!

Comment

Also WuDrWu, thats awesome you gave so many updates, wish I could've done the same from the meet but didn't have internet access.

Comment

Working...
                              X