No announcement yet.

Former coach watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 UConn 106 - 78 over #4 Oklahoma at home.

Comment

1972-If you look at the list of players I mentioned above, she did not have full use of many of them. Haleigh and Kayla were obviously still in high school. Val was not yet eligible. Jacie had essentially been out of the game with injuries for 2 full years, and needed time to get her timing and confidence back. Sam and Jenn DeGarmo needed seasoning and strengthening. And Whitney Rice had medical difficulties for almost 2 straight years.
      So....now you might see the flaw in your argument that if I believe some talent was left here when she left, that she is a bad coach. That argument ASSUMES she had full access to those that she left for Coach Adams ....and she did not. Now, please don't misconstrue my words here to say anything like: so there were plenty of quality players left here, so the new coaches should be expected to have instant success. i think that it will take some time for them to get themselves surrounded by players who are just right for their style of play. And the LOI announcements from this Fall make me inclined to believe that that will happen in relatively short order!

Comment

Your argument, not mine. Actually my interest level in how Jane does, or Darryl for that matter, is not real high. I hope they both do well as they seem like nice people.

My final word on the subject is Go Jody! :goshocks:

Comment

i tend to agree with 1972....

...but i've decided to try to not dump on the dead...the one thing i will say FOR adams is that NOT ONCE, as far as i know, has she stated that this level of talent is substandard...i don't think she will throw them under the bus...she's just coaching them.i like that.

Comment

I fully support Coach Adams and the team, but like Trufan, still maintain an interest in Coach Albright because of the way she clearly embraced Wichita State, its fans and our community.

Somehow I don't believe that to speak well of her is to be disloyal to Coach Adams or the program.

Jane recruited almost every one of this year's team and Jody is helping them perform extremely well as a team. Personally, I think that speaks well of both coaches and of the WSU athletic department, which was fortunate enough to have been able to recruit both to Wichita.

Go Shocks...past and present! :posterwu:

Comment

Working...
            X