• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock
    Who cares how people spell. It is the content that matters
    There was content??? :shock:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Because the 'how' of it is just important as the 'what' of it.

How hard is it to hit the 'enter' key a couple of times to separate paragraphs so that it is easier to read.

And a $3.00 dictionary beside your PC will help you with spelling questions.

If someone wants to be considered 'intelligent', they should make their 'presentations intelligently'.

Reminds me of an ad on a date website I saw once where the woman started out, "I am intellegent".
      In most situations in life I agree with what you just said but an internet sports board is just for fun and relaxation. I certainly don't have much interest in checking my entries for typos or punctuation and it doesn't bother me if other people get a little sloppy. I'm happy to argue with people about their content but I'm not going to get into a grammar battle on shockernet.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I mostly agree with you tgc. Although, sometimes there are posters who's grammer and spelling is so bad that it does make it difficult to read. We've had a few of those on here before. As far as ictshockalots post goes I don't know. I stopped reading his/her stuff since every post says pretty much the same ole thing.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I haven't been to a Shocker women's bball game in years, so take this for what it's worth...

Maybe it's time to try a new gimmick. Create some exitement around the game.

There are several ways to do this: (some of these don't have to do with basketball, but you get the point)

Hire an ex-professional athlete (like Bill Lambier) as head coach
          The Blue Turf at Boise State
          The small college basketball team that only shoots 3s with 5 guards on the floor.

Or, here's a thought: even though Jackie Stiles played at SWOMO, get her involved in our program (her try at getting back in the WNBA is over, isn't it?)

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
            I haven't been to a Shocker women's bball game in years, so take this for what it's worth...

Maybe it's time to try a new gimmick. Create some exitement around the game.

There are several ways to do this: (some of these don't have to do with basketball, but you get the point)

Hire an ex-professional athlete (like Bill Lambier) as head coach
            The Blue Turf at Boise State
            The small college basketball team that only shoots 3s with 5 guards on the floor.

Or, here's a thought: even though Jackie Stiles played at SWOMO, get her involved in our program (her try at getting back in the WNBA is over, isn't it?)
            Jackie did individual workouts with some of our guards last summer, and I think it would be great if she was involved in the program. Just imagine how angry SWOMO fans would be if she coached at WSU.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What we really need is to find and recruit a great player like a Jackie Stiles, or Kendra Wecker or a Lynette Woodard to play for the Shocks and to lead them out of the wilderness.

:good:

Unfortunately, about 300 D-1 schools have the same agenda not to mention the fact that players out of Kansas of this ilk seem to come along about once every decade. Furthermore, recruiting such players to a program with absolutely no tradition will be mighty tough indeed.

That said I still see no reason why WSU can't be consistently in the hunt for MVC women's basketball championships.

Jane hasn't been able to do it and I don't expect them to be in the hunt this year either, although I would love to be proven wrong on that point.
              If my assessment of this year turns out to be more or less accurate then I think it is clear that Jane should be replaced.

Comment

I have to agree that grammar and spelling is not all that important. Although, personally I like to try and do a decent job with my grammar and spelling. Unfortunately, the connection between my brain and my fingers doesn't seem to be as efficient as it used to be in my younger days.

But it's no skin of my nose if other posters want to be more informal with their posting. You see that a lot in this day and age of text messaging and blogging.

Although ict's posts might have been a little hard to read, there was certainly no ambiguity in his or her opinion of Jane. Never has been.

Comment

Make it happen Jim

If Jackie's not available, then how about Julia?
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                  X