No announcement yet.

again a review of the schaus hires....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the Shockers going 7-5 in their non-conference schedule. None of the 7 wins would be against particularly tough competition.

In the MVC everyone except UNI and Bradley should be improved from last year.

I don't see the Shocks winning more than 6 games in the Conference. That would put them at 13-17 overall vs 9-20 last year and that is at the upper range of my expectations.

A repeat of last year's 4-14 conference record would not surprise me.

And that's with a team that includes 4 Seniors (including your leading scorer) and 4 Juniors which would generally be considered a pretty experienced roster.

I would think that such a performance would pretty much seal Jane's fate.

Comment

While the arrow may not exactly be pointing up for the Lady Shocks at least they aren't the KC Chiefs!

:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        While the arrow may not exactly be pointing up for the Lady Shocks at least they aren't the KC Chiefs!

I think that is the Kansas City Chefs. They make a mean souffle.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

I think that is the Kansas City Chefs. They make a mean souffle.

The word soufflé is the past participle of the French verb souffler which means "to blow up"

Yeah, sounds about right.

Comment

I saw someone else bring up the Seward coach as a possible replacement. Having said that, I would be willing to bet that Seward Co. would beat WSU 3 out of 10 times in head to head. And they're a juco with only freshman and sophomores. This program is in trouble and, IMHO, the nly way to fix it is start over, again.

Comment

I see the Shockers going 7-5 in their non-conference schedule. None of the 7 wins would be against particularly tough competition.
              The 7 wins are the following home games (2006-07 record):

Texas Southen (5-22)
              Texas - San Antonio (14-16)
              Nicholl State (7-20)
              Western Illinois (10-19)
              Texas - Pan American (11-18)
              Texas State (18-12)
              Winthrop (6-26)

Take away Texas State and the remaining 6 teams had an average record of 9-20 last year. Appropriate, since that was the Shocks record last year.

I see no wins away from CKA in the non-conference games:

Texas A&M, Indiana and Wake Forest in the Virgin Islands Paradise Jam.

Oklahoma State in Stillwater and New Mexico State in Las Cruces.

Comment

I feel we have had some very talented players in the past. Smith had some very nice teams. His last yr. here we hamered KU at home and took Oklahoma to the wire, a game we should of won. He beat Stiles at home and played them tough at their court. The problem to me is Jane isnt a a very good coach or recruiter. We havent had a good post in years, she is depending on Bunton who wasnt even recruited by any division one schools and was a walk on. She has to many guards, as she has always had, and she subs to much and never lets any of them get in any sort of rythem. Thats why some have left the program, and the ones that havent wish they would have, but where would they go now. Jane really isnt good at adapting during a game, she sticks with certain players that she favored no matter how bad they were playing. I think if Jane was in the real world she would be fired, when Smith left , he left her six Sr. and a fun competive schedual, Houston, Arkansas, Oklahoma. He had us competing with good schools and building up the program, it was fun going to games, and he didnt have the use of the new arena for geting recruits. Now we have Janes cream puff schedual and lack of talent leaves me not caring at all, not till shes gone anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by ictshockolate
                  I feel we have had some very talented players in the past. Smith had some very nice teams. His last yr. here we hamered KU at home and took Oklahoma to the wire, a game we should of won. He beat Stiles at home and played them tough at their court. The problem to me is Jane isnt a a very good coach or recruiter. We havent had a good post in years, she is depending on Bunton who wasnt even recruited by any division one schools and was a walk on. She has to many guards, as she has always had, and she subs to much and never lets any of them get in any sort of rythem. Thats why some have left the program, and the ones that havent wish they would have, but where would they go now. Jane really isnt good at adapting during a game, she sticks with certain players that she favored no matter how bad they were playing. I think if Jane was in the real world she would be fired, when Smith left , he left her six Sr. and a fun competive schedual, Houston, Arkansas, Oklahoma. He had us competing with good schools and building up the program, it was fun going to games, and he didnt have the use of the new arena for geting recruits. Now we have Janes cream puff schedual and lack of talent leaves me not caring at all, not till shes gone anyways...
                  If you are going to criticize Jane let's at least be accurate.

1) How can you say that lack of post presence has been our problem when Wells and Stephens have been all Valley under Jane. In addition, Marcy was one of the few players to play well for us down the stretch last year. That doesn't even take into account that Rochelle Busenitz looked poised to be a dominate post player before injury ended her career.

2) How can you say that Jane can't recruit, when Kiki, Whitney, along with transfers Jacie and Val were good recruits out of high school. In the current class, DeGarmo was a 4 time all-state selection in Oklahoma and was a McDonald's All-American nominee. Additionally, Kyrie and Daria have both shown that they can dominate games at times, so I have no doubts about their talent. The problem has been not a lack of talent, but getting much out of the talent we have because our players lack discipline and are inconsistent. When they are playing well, it is clear that they are talented, it's just that they only seem to play smart for about 12 minutes every game.

3) Alex wasn't highly recruited out of high school because she initially didn't plan on playing in college because she was tired of basketball, if I recall correctly. She changed her mind after talking to Jane, and walked on, but earned a scholly we had free. While she isn't a star player, a 6-3 all-state honorable mention is hardly a scrub, especially since she won't be our primary post next year (despite your claim) since that will be Marcy. In fact, she is one of the few players on this team that consistently plays smart and hard. Alex is about the last player I would name as the central problem for this team. In addition, since the Valley is guard oriented, you can get by with post players that are mainly there for some defense and rebounding.

4) Apparently Texas A&M (25-7), Indiana (19-14), and Oklahoma State (20-11) are cream puffs, because they are on a schedule Jane put together for the coming season.

5) Explain to me how you can claim that A) Jane has too many guards and they can't get into a rhythm because she plays too many of them and B) Jane doesn't adjust in game and relies on only a few players. Her problem can't be that she has too short and too long a bench. Choose one.

6) It seems that some things are easy to forget. You may have loved watching the Smith's teams go 0-25 from 3 point range his last couple of seasons, but I sure didn't. Watching the team under Jane has not been fun, but let's not make memories of the past more pleasant than they actually were.

Don't get me wrong. I have been going to every game for the last 8 years or so, and I wouldn't claim that Jane's tenure has not been fun to watch most of the time. My patience is running thin, and I think Jane has to show something this year to keep her job. I'm not here to defend Jane, but if you are going to attack her coaching, at least make accurate attacks (there are plenty of deficiencies to be attacked in her time here).
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                    Originally posted by ictshockolate
                    If you are going to criticize Jane let's at least be accurate.

1) How can you say that lack of post presence has been our problem when Wells and Stephens have been all Valley under Jane. In addition, Marcy was one of the few players to play well for us down the stretch last year. That doesn't even take into account that Rochelle Busenitz looked poised to be a dominate post player before injury ended her career.

2) How can you say that Jane can't recruit, when Kiki, Whitney, along with transfers Jacie and Val were good recruits out of high school. In the current class, DeGarmo was a 4 time all-state selection in Oklahoma and was a McDonald's All-American nominee. Additionally, Kyrie and Daria have both shown that they can dominate games at times, so I have no doubts about their talent. The problem has been not a lack of talent, but getting much out of the talent we have because our players lack discipline and are inconsistent. When they are playing well, it is clear that they are talented, it's just that they only seem to play smart for about 12 minutes every game.

3) Alex wasn't highly recruited out of high school because she initially didn't plan on playing in college because she was tired of basketball, if I recall correctly. She changed her mind after talking to Jane, and walked on, but earned a scholly we had free. While she isn't a star player, a 6-3 all-state honorable mention is hardly a scrub, especially since she won't be our primary post next year (despite your claim) since that will be Marcy. In fact, she is one of the few players on this team that consistently plays smart and hard. Alex is about the last player I would name as the central problem for this team. In addition, since the Valley is guard oriented, you can get by with post players that are mainly there for some defense and rebounding.

4) Apparently Texas A&M (25-7), Indiana (19-14), and Oklahoma State (20-11) are cream puffs, because they are on a schedule Jane put together for the coming season.

5) Explain to me how you can claim that A) Jane has too many guards and they can't get into a rhythm because she plays too many of them and B) Jane doesn't adjust in game and relies on only a few players. Her problem can't be that she has too short and too long a bench. Choose one.

6) It seems that some things are easy to forget. You may have loved watching the Smith's teams go 0-25 from 3 point range his last couple of seasons, but I sure didn't. Watching the team under Jane has not been fun, but let's not make memories of the past more pleasant than they actually were.

Don't get me wrong. I have been going to every game for the last 8 years or so, and I wouldn't claim that Jane's tenure has not been fun to watch most of the time. My patience is running thin, and I think Jane has to show something this year to keep her job. I'm not here to defend Jane, but if you are going to attack her coaching, at least make accurate attacks (there are plenty of deficiencies to be attacked in her time here).
                    In a world filled with people that simply make assertions, TMH takes the time to make cogent arguments! Nice post. :good:
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Nice post poor coach

Comment

Mad Hatter my post was in reply to Dregn saying we had a lack of talent, and he is not the only one who has stated similar thoughts. To me Jane hasnt brought in any dominate players who are consistent. Kiki is her best one yet and she cant dominate, put up some nice numbers, yes, but take over a game, make the otheirs around her better, I dont think so. Wells was a good center, but she was a Smith recruite, 5th yr SR. Bussinetz, Smith recruite also. Bunton, not to take anything away from her,is just someone to give you a few minutes as a sub, nice size but lacking an overall game at this level. Marcy and Kikki are not post players, they will not take over in the paint. Wells made their job easier because of her size and athletic ability. I think the post will be a big problem for us ,maybe if she would have gone after some good size instead of anotheir guard we wouldnt be in this position.Rice hasnt lived up to her billing, more turn-overs than assists, and she just dosnt shoot very good. 28%,fr. yr, 34% so. yr, she plays out of control to much for a point guard. Daria is athletic but not very consistent. Some of the players coming in we will have to see. We got Siemeins , when some of the players left Tulsa because of the coach. We wouldnt have got her if she wasnt local. As for the length of bench, way to long, to many guards of equal ability, not enough depth on the front line. Rotates the guards like she is rationing time, if your hot one game, you might start the next, if not your sitting. Jane has a short hook when it comes to the guards. Thats fine if you want a bunch of guards looking over their shoulder. As for the schedule, I dont think Jane put the Paradise Jam tourney togetheir. The only reason Texas AM, Indiana, and dont forget Wake Forrest is on the schedule is because they are in the tourney. Is it a round robin tourney? Ok St. we have played for at least 10 yrs. Janes schedule, Tex. Southern 5-22,Tex San.Antonio 14-16,Nicholls State 7-20,Western Ill. 10-19,Tex Pan Am. 11-18,Winthrop 6-26 New Mexico St. 13-18 and Texas St, the only winning record 18-12. Combined...84-151. Janes in her 5th yr, she better make this won count, if she cant with this schedule, she needs to go.

Comment

Hey ICT, maybe you should concentrate more on learning how to read and spell. I couldn't even make heads or tails out of your post cause the spelling was so bad

Comment

Gee, Professor Shockfabulous, I wasn't aware these threads were being monitored by English teachers. I will certainly endeavor to articulate in a way that will please you in the future and will take the time to use this silly button that initiates the spell check. Last time I checked, there was a comma after a salutation (Hey), and your use of the word "cause" was a little confusing since it is an abbreviation of the word "because" and, as such, requires that a superscript sign (apostophe) be placed in front of it to indicate the omission of a letter or letters from a word. I apologize as my personal assistant wasn't available for my last few posts. I guess without spell check you could say I spell as good as Jane coaches.

Comment

Who cares how people spell. It is the content that matters

Comment

Because the 'how' of it is just important as the 'what' of it.

How hard is it to hit the 'enter' key a couple of times to separate paragraphs so that it is easier to read.

And a $3.00 dictionary beside your PC will help you with spelling questions.

If someone wants to be considered 'intelligent', they should make their 'presentations intelligently'.

Reminds me of an ad on a date website I saw once where the woman started out, "I am intellegent".

Comment

Working...
                                X