No announcement yet.

Short bench in River City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Royal. There was a MAJOR change in personalities and there were always going to be those who would leave.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Or the simple fact that the team might have been full of players that didn't want to work hard and this coach is a hard worker. Laziness can play a role in many decisions as well.

I guess that laziness is a personality trait, but in sports, it falls completely seperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Lady
        The current/incoming players are not getting along with the current staff's personality.
        Oh well. :roll:
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I do tend to think we have a lazy team. I attend a couple practices last year and it seemed like the team just lacked in hustle. no matter how much jane yelled, it felt like they were just going through the motions in their drills

Comment

So when do we find out who we have for new recruits? We currently have an 8 man roster listed.

Comment

I don't think it is personalities so much as it is attitude. Jody mostly likely requires much more out of players, and some can not measure up, therefore they leave. I am sure Duke has the same problem.

We need some recruits that have the mentality of Jackie Stiles or Diania Taurasi.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                We need some recruits that have the talent of Jackie Stiles or Diania Taurasi.
                Fixed.

Comment

Will someone please tell us who they are.

Comment

i had forgotten how several on here thought jane was the second coming, in spite of her amazingly terrible record here...i'm not worried about the future.

Comment

Thanks, Molly, for yet one more jab at Jane--that's so last season. How about getting over it already and posting to the topic, which who is going to be playing for the Shocks this season? Lots of discussion as to who left and why, yet school has started and this season's roster still seems to be a state secret. That's not the case with the men's team, whose roster has been updated. What gives with the women? Does ANYbody know?

Comment

actually, if i read the thread correctly, and i think i do, there are 'veiled' assertions that the new coach is a problem... those who had jane's back FOREVER seem to be leading that charge...jane was apparently the ultimate players' coach...not many demands...

give me ANY new regime......

and...'so last season'?are you in high school?

Comment

I liked Jane at the beginning, but there is only one reason why she continues to coach and that is the connections she has made over the years. I truly believe she should go into the administration side of athletics at this time.
                          From what I have heard, the women are going through what the men did last year, but even a little more difficult. They are asked, no required to be in shape and to work their butts off. Individual workouts were far more difficult than in the past. I welcome this change, and the players who embrace and remain Shockers will see the beginnng of a very nice turnaround for the progam.

Comment

Again, enough with the Jody vs. Jane and other opinions. Does anyone have any INFO as to this year's roster? I would just like to know who we're going to be watching.

Comment

I'm happy/excited that we moved on, so no "'vieled' assertions" here. There are personality issues though. Some of that is to be expected but not all of it.

Think Abrahamson-Henderson from MSU.

Sorry TRShock no info on the roster yet but I have heard rumors of a possible loss/transfer.

Comment

Roster

Since someone mentioned on the Lamar VB thread that Jody Adams was there last night with the whole team & coaching staff, did anyone see any new faces?

Comment

Working...
                                X