No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kellyn is losing contact......group down to 4.

Comment

Top 3 make the team. Aliphine is in 2nd.

Comment

Damn it, Aliphine has been dropped 2. Looks bad for a team spot, but still impressive performances.

Comment

Kellyn finished 4th, about 16 seconds behind the 3rd place finisher. She was closing on her, but Kellyn, yet, just doesn't have the top end speed of the best in the world.

Incredible performances by these Shocker greats!

Comment

Austin earns 905 points in the Long Jump. His two-event total is 1802, good for ninth. The Shot Put is next.

Comment

Aliphine, hit the wall, dropping from the pack of four and eventually finishing seventh.

Comment

Austin has 720 points in the Shot Put. The High Jump and 400m are the last two events of the day.

Comment

The last of Damien's three qualifying throws in the Javelin moves him to tenth, and he is one of twelve qualifiers who move to the Javelin finals on Monday.

Comment

Austin earned 696 points in the High Jump and 821 points in the 400m. His total of 4039 on the first day of the Men's Decathlon is good for eleventh place.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      Aliphine, hit the wall, dropping from the pack of four and eventually finishing seventh.
                      I think Aliphine's future will be in the long road races like the marathon. She is a steady Ever-Ready Bunny runner. She can go and go an go at good pace, however, she doesn't seem to have the closing speed to win the shorter races on track loop at a world class level.

I see that Kellyn is also participating in the 5k on Thursday where she has the 14th best quaifying time. Clearly the 10k was her best shot I believe her 4th place finish does make her the althernate for the U.S. team in case on of the top 3 are unble to participate.

Impressive performance by Damien to come through with by far his best throw on his 3rd and final qualifying throw. Damien has guranteed he will finish well above his #18 qualifying position.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I think Aliphine's future will be in the long road races like the marathon. She is a steady Ever-Ready Bunny runner.

I see that Kellyn is also participating in the 5k on Thursday where she has the 14th best quaifying time. Clearly the 10k was her best shot I believe her 4th place finish does make her the alternate for the U.S. team in case on of the top 3 are unable to participate.
                        As a side note, Kellyn finished sixth in the Women's Marathon Trials in February.

Comment

Austin earned 788 points in the 110m Hurdles and 777 points in the Discus and is now in twelfth place. His discus throw was the third best of the competitors.

The Pole Vault, Javelin and 1500m remain.

Comment

With 865 points in the Pole Vault, the second highest total, Austin vaults to ninth place.

Comment

With 657 points in the Javelin, Austin moves to eighth place with only the 1500m Slog remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                As a side note, Kellyn finished sixth in the Women's Marathon Trials in February.
                                And Aliphine had not received her citizenship at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X