MVC WBB Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I'm not sure that moving from South Dakota to Wichita State, at least as far as women's basketball is concerned, would be viewed as a move up. South Dakota won the Summit League this year and finished with an RPI of 52. Wichita State was 8th in the Valley and finished with an RPI of 301. The Summit League ranked 17th among conferences in RPI and the Valley was 21st. WarrenNolan.com's NPI ratings for these leagues were comparable although South Dakota was rated 27th and WSU was rated 297th in the NPI.
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Not nitpicking but shouldn't you be quoting @SPEShoxAlum? I was just pointing out her reputation
    Thanks, @shoxlax:. Yeah give credit where credit is due, would you? Haha.

I think this year, given last year's exodus, was an outlier. Unfortunately, it may have been someone's Waterloo.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Not nitpicking but shouldn't you be quoting @SPEShoxAlum? I was just pointing out her reputation
      Yes. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
        Thanks, @shoxlax. Yeah give credit where credit is due, would you? Haha.

I think this year, given last year's exodus, was an outlier. Unfortunately, it may have been someone's Waterloo.
        If I am correct in assuming that the "someone" you are referring to is Jody Adams I don't think she is going anywhere until she moves on to what she thinks is a better gig. She makes very good money at WSU ($256,000 in 2014 - the latest year available at KansasOpenGov.org). She has a rolling 5-year contract with hefty annual raises built-in with a buyout provision costing WSU $500,000 to terminate her without cause.

I did not agree with the decision to retain Jody Adams after last year but that decision was made by people with much more facts and input than I have. Since they did decide to retain Jody they will and should give her the opportunity to rebuild the program. That actually may not be that difficult considering the quality of women's basketball in the Valley presently. Next year's (Class of 2017) recruiting class will be pretty important.

In any case, if WSU is in the mood to buy out a coach's contract I would much rather see them use the $500,000 towards buying out Todd Butler's contract.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 25, 2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X