Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee vs Shox

Why does WSU only have seven players?

We actually have 8 suited up, but Martin is injured and I don't know why Francis isn't at the game.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Don't they have 15 scholarships to use? Is Jody having ladies leave again?

Comment

No. She has rarely chosen to use all 15 and it was the already known departures that left us extra thin.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks tied with Tennessee at the half.

Comment

Why couldn't I go to this game
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

To bad to come up just short, but a great game played by the women's team tonight. It looks like they are figuring some things out, and in spite of our record, could be a tough out come conference time.

Comment

Shockers 51-58 Tennessee

With Rangie and Marija available, the Shockers could put a decent team on the floor. Late free throws made this game seem not as close as it was. The Lady Vols pressed effectively from time to time and the press in the third quarter allowed them to build a 40-32 lead. However, the Shocks battled back to 50-49 but could not get over the hump.

Diamond and TaQuandra had eleven, Rangie nine and Marija eight.

As noted, Jyar was not even on the bench. Illness and academics are the two possibilities that come to mind. Brittany is due back in January. With Sabrina not having played yet due to an earlier knee surgery, she seems to be a candidate for a redshirt.

Oh, this is not one of the Tennessee teams of yore.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  Shockers 51-58 Tennessee

With Rangie and Marija available, the Shockers could put a decent team on the floor. Late free throws made this game seem not as close as it was. The Lady Vols pressed effectively from time to time and the press in the third quarter allowed them to build a 40-32 lead. However, the Shocks battled back to 50-49 but could not get over the hump.

Diamond and TaQuandra had eleven, Rangie nine and Marija eight.

As noted, Jyar was not even on the bench. Illness and academics are the two possibilities that come to mind.
                  I thought the same thing about Jyar. I'm hoping it is illness not academics, but I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    I thought the same thing about Jyar. I'm hoping it is illness not academics, but I haven't heard anything.
                    Game recap from AP via ESPN. It states that Jyar is injured. It also made note of the late start, an interesting note I should have mentioned. The referees ruled that the Shocker home yellows were too close in color to the orange of Tennessee and had the Shocks change into their blacks, causing a ten-minute delay in the start of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      Game recap from AP via ESPN. It states that Jyar is injured. It also made note of the late start, an interesting note I should have mentioned. The referees ruled that the Shocker home yellows were too close in color to the orange of Tennessee and had the Shocks change into their blacks, causing a ten-minute delay in the start of the game.
                      Where does it say something about injury? All I see is a statement that we played without our leading scorer. Maybe I am missing something.

Comment

what has happened to the lady shockers?

i know they lost multiple starters because of transfers and graduation, but really how did they turn it around and get so upside down record/play wise?

is jody on the hot seat? is she looking outside wsu for a job like last year with the ku interview?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          Where does it say something about injury? All I see is a statement that we played without our leading scorer. Maybe I am missing something.
                          You are right - it is no longer there. I may have dreamt it, or they may have figured out they really did not know why she was not present. I suspect the latter.

Game articles from Wichita and Knoxville.

A video of Coach Warlick's post-game presser.
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; December 12, 2015, 06:05 AM. Reason: Links to stuff

Comment

Missing Players

The writer who covers WSU women's basketball for the Eagle gave a complete review within the past week of why several players are missing lately. Rangie Bessard was like Connor Frankamp in that having transferred from the U of Minn, she had to sit out a year, but she played last night giving them 7 players. The other 3 missing players are all out due to injuries of one kind or another. I don't remember all the details. One has a concussion. One is still recovering from a knee operation & I forget what the 3rd one has. I think it's the 6-3 center who was injured several games ago.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                              The writer who covers WSU women's basketball for the Eagle gave a complete review within the past week of why several players are missing lately. Rangie Bessard was like Connor Frankamp in that having transferred from the U of Minn, she had to sit out a year, but she played last night giving them 7 players. The other 3 missing players are all out due to injuries of one kind or another. I don't remember all the details. One has a concussion. One is still recovering from a knee operation & I forget what the 3rd one has. I think it's the 6-3 center who was injured several games ago.
                              The concussion belonged to Marija, and she played last night so she is back. Sabrina is recovering from the knee operation. Brittany (6-3) is injured and is expected back in January. Jyar was the new missing-in-action last night, and her reason in unknown.

Comment

Working...
                              X